Rags on Twitter

DJ Eco

So, if there's one thing we've noticed this year, it's the disgusting nature of the beast that is the Twittersphere after a win or a loss, or a rivalry. Joel Ward knows what I mean.

As this series wears on, it's going to get worse. But, so it begins:

Here is a classy Rangers fan with a beer in his hand in his profile picture, addressing A CHILD, none other than Martin Brodeur's son, Anthony:

"@Smelly_Tweet :@abrodeur30 yo which one is your mom, which one is your aunt? #yourdadisscum"

Oh, and a custom-made Twitter account for the purposes of calling out Brodeur's son:

"@FatsoBrodeur: @abrodeur30 How are you, my favorite nephew."

There'll be more, I'm sure. The least we can do for Brodeur's son is heckle back...

Edited by DJ Eco

That's just pathetic and - I hope - that you all understand that we're not all that obnoxious.

I know, I know. Unfortunately, it seems like there are just LESS and LESS Rangers fans I can have a meaningful discussion about the game of hockey with. Everything turns into a discussion about Marty's marriage, and fat jokes.

Some clown yesterday even started talking to me about how "the frontman of the band that wrote the Devils goal-song is a convicted child predator". Really? More fvcking annoying than mosquitoes in my ear.

I know, I know. Unfortunately, it seems like there are just LESS and LESS Rangers fans I can have a meaningful discussion about the game of hockey with. Everything turns into a discussion about Marty's marriage, and fat jokes.

Some clown yesterday even started talking to me about how "the frontman of the band that wrote the Devils goal-song is a convicted child predator". Really? More fvcking annoying than mosquitoes in my ear.

After that story broke, several teams stopped using that song during their games.

After that story broke, several teams stopped using that song during their games.

Including the Devils

ILWT Devils Fan Guide: Chants

Anything Else to Know: When the Devils organization went with a different goal song (the Bouncing Souls' "Ole") for a few seasons, this died out. Thankfully, the Devils got a version of the song that sees no royalties given to Gary Glitter and this long time favorite was brought back (I think) two seasons ago
Edited by eaglejelly

Between Rock and Roll Part 2 and the Rag's custom-written and performed goal song I'd take a child-predator's song a million times out of a million.

Their goal song is the most obnoxious, bellying, piece of sh!t song there is. The best is when the Devils score and you start singing it right in front of their fans. They fly off the handle when you do that.

Between Rock and Roll Part 2 and the Rag's custom-written and performed goal song I'd take a child-predator's song a million times out of a million.

Their goal song is the most obnoxious, bellying, piece of sh!t song there is. The best is when the Devils score and you start singing it right in front of their fans. They fly off the handle when you do that.

Oh I know!!! I never thought of doing that til this year. For some reason, after that last-second Clarkson goal in our shootout win against them this year, something possessed me to look the two most obnoxious Rangers fans in my section in the eye and start singing their goal song. They got so red.

Edited by DJ Eco

Oh I know!!! I never thought of doing that til this year. For some reason, after that last-second Clarkson goal in our shootout win against them this year, something possessed me to look the two most obnoxious Rangers fans in my section in the eye and start singing their goal song. They got so red.

I am not the kind of fan that will curse at other teams fans at games or pick fights. However, to me this is a great work around as if they get pissed at me I can always say I am just celebrating and not cursing at them.

It just proves how deep-down they know their goal song is ridiculous as they are obviously embarassed about it.

I agree. Look, ironically my first ever hockey game was the NJ Devils vs the Vancouver Canucks back in the late 80s (I had to be 5 or 6). I still vividly remember the game. Canucks-4 Devils-3. I then became hooked and I was a Devil's fan.

That stayed until about the late 90s (truth be told, I didn't become a devout fanatic until the lockout). The reason why I started to lose my fandom was mostly due to a few 'friends' who were Devil fans. Unfortunately, I guess the best way to describe them would be your 'typical, fair-weather' Ranger fan: obnoxious, arrogant, and ignorant. It really turned me off hardcore.

It's funny, I don't hate the Devils, per se. I have no problems with anyone on the team. It's just fanbase that I can't stand. Now, I know a few (okay, more than a few) are awesome, but the few *insert any derogatory term* are so outrageous, hateful, and completely irrational, that it's hard see the good sometimes! Hahaha.

And I KNOW you all can say, "Well, I know a lot of great Devil hockey fans...but I know a $hitload of obnoxious Ranger fans!" And I'll agree with that statement! But ironically - coming from the other side - it's the exact same thing!

I mean, it was a tight game yesterday, but I am actually hearing that we intentionally created bad ice (the ice sucked) to hinder your awesome forecheck. Talk about completely irrational.

The hatred and bias bothers me. The ignorance bothers me. People who say that Brodeur is "only good because of the trap" are ignorant. That is such an asinine statement and Devil fans have every right to defend one of the greatest goaltenders to EVER play the game -- and thee greatest stick handler, ever.

But those same defendants will they say Lundqvist is "only good because of his mattress pads." Ignorance.

So all in all, I simply can't stand stupid, idiotic, and ignorant fans...regardless of who they cheer for. :cheers:

There is one unwritten law you don't break in situations like tense rivalries. You never, ever, EVER go after a rival player's family!

I know this should be expected from jagoff Ranger fans, but they've sunk to a new low with this crap

I am not the kind of fan that will curse at other teams fans at games or pick fights. However, to me this is a great work around as if they get pissed at me I can always say I am just celebrating and not cursing at them.

It just proves how deep-down they know their goal song is ridiculous as they are obviously embarassed about it.

their goal song sounds like someone with diarrhea or something. I mean is it actually a part of a real song o some NY-ism? (like even those who listen to club tracks and hip-hop know all the words to Sweet Caroline and sing along whenever a DJ plays it)