Anthony Brodeur drafted by NJ

SterioDesign

wow that was a great moment

got his name called by Marty at the table and his jersey handed to him from Marty too. What a great moment for the family especially in NJ.

hope some of you guys got to catch it too

Edited by SterioDesign

Looking forward to seeing the highlights of this.  Kid probably won't ever make it, but the moment makes it worth it...I'm sure it meant a lot to Marty.  Scary, I remember when Anthony's baby photo was shown during a Devils game not so long ago (or so it seems)...time goes so damned fast...

Hope this kid proves he is a solid goalie. As a few people have said in the past, this isn't baseball where every family member of a person in the organization is drafted somewhere within the 50 rounds. The NHL only has 7 rounds, so this isn't very common. It's an absolutely great moment for the outside viewer and for Martt,  but I hope this motivates him anymore and is a positive for him. He's prob spent his whole life playing hockey with people bugging him about his dad being better than him (or you'll never be close to his father). He's definitely going to hear now that he was only drafted because the Devils felt bad or because of his father.

Not trying to sound negative, but this moment could really be a downer for him too. 

Edited by devilsrule33

I remember Brodeur getting the A and the other initials on his helmet. Crazy even if he never makes it, at least they appeased Marty w/ them getting Schneider (even if Marty damn well better be teh backup next year lol)

Hope this kid proves he is a solid goalie. As a few people have said in the past, this isn't baseball where every family member of a person in the organization is drafted somewhere within the 50 rounds. The NHL only has 7 rounds, so this isn't very common. It's an absolutely great moment for the outside viewer and for Martt,  but I hope this motivates him anymore and is a positive for him. He's prob spent his whole life playing hockey with people bugging him about his dad being better than him (or you'll never be close to his father). He's definitely going to hear now that he was only drafted because the Devils felt bad or because of his father.

Not trying to sound negative, but this moment could really be a downer for him too. 

It also could be just the motivation he needs to prove people wrong. We'll have to wait and see I guess but this was definitely a very cool, classy moment. My favorite part was the interview they did afterwards with Marty and Anthony. They asked Marty how hard the Devils were working to get a pick to draft his son and Marty goes "Well, I don't know how hard it is to get a 7th round pick" and laughs and Anthony just shoots him this look like "fvck you dad". You could see they were having fun with the whole thing.

That is a class move. And as much as I hate on the LA Kings, it was a class move on their part trading the pick for just a 7th in two years.

Now...William in 2014? :koolaid:

Jeremy is the better of the twins and has a chance to be a legit prospect. Will be interesting to see what next year brings for him.

I've been critical of Anthony whenever he got mentioned on here but I will say it was nice to see how proud Marty was. Good for them. Still not a believer in him at all but hopefully the coaching staff in Gatineau can help him out.

I don't see him doing anything special, but that moment was great, and cost them almost nothing.