GDT: Flyers @ Devils 7:30, NBCSN

Devils Pride 26

Real simple, stretch run begins now. Whether it's to the best team in the league or the worst team in the league, this team needs to stop bleeding out points and start picking them up.

It looks like Marty is the starter. I would've went with Cory but regardless, we need both of them to start playing lights out.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course Marty's starting.  Why would Cory ever get consecutive starts, it's not like that'd help him find his game or anything.

LGD, get a point.

Awesome, great to see the guy who's 38th in save% continuing to get playing time at the expense of the guy who's 18th. 

I'm not nearly as criticial of DeBoer as some are on here, but sometimes....

Awesome, great to see the guy who's 38th in save% continuing to get playing time at the expense of the guy who's 18th.

I'm not nearly as criticial of DeBoer as some are on here, but sometimes....

I'm beyond fed up with DeBoer's handling of the roster, and his handling of the goalies in particular. He's stubborn, and it seems nothing short of Marty embarrassing himself and giving up 5 goals on 10 shots or something in one of these games to get Schneider the crease back.

If there's one game that I want Janssen in, it's when we play the Flyers. Expect the usual, Simmonds and Co. gooning it up with only Clowe and maybe Carter to stand up for our teammates. Cory should be in net for this one. This flip flopping of goalies is getting ridiculous.

I'm beyond fed up with DeBoer's handling of the roster, and his handling of the goalies in particular. He's stubborn, and it seems nothing short of Marty embarrassing himself and giving up 5 goals on 10 shots or something in one of these games to get Schneider the crease back.

i dont think there's a more stubborn duo of GM/Coach than in NJ. I'd put lots of money on them

Marty seems to get the "go to guy savior" treatment from DeBoer, and I don't know why.  Marty enjoyed prolonged stretches of good to very good play in 2010-11 and 2011-12 (second halves and, in 2011-12, the playoffs), but since then, he's been inconsistent at best, and has been near the bottom in save% (.902 in 53 GP since the start of last season) .  I could almost understand it if the head coach had been here for 10 years or so and was emotionally tied to Marty, but DeBoer isn't.  I know Schneider hasn't been lights out either, but I don't know what this guy has to do to get more playing time.  Maybe it changes soon, but it's hard to believe, halfway through the season, that the goaltending situation is where it is. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Marty seems to get the "go to guy savior" treatment from DeBoer, and I don't know why. Marty enjoyed prolonged stretches of good to very good play in 2010-11 and 2011-12 (second halves and, in 2011-12, the playoffs), but since then, he's been inconsistent at best, and has been near the bottom in save%. I could almost understand it if the head coach had been here for 10 years or so and was emotionally tied to Marty, but DeBoer isn't. I know Schneider hasn't been lights out either, but I don't know what this guy has to do to get more playing time. Maybe it changes soon, but it's hard to believe, halfway through the season, that the goaltending situation is where it is.

I hope it changes soon, but it won't unless Marty just falls apart. DeBoer is the definition of stubborn. I remember when he was hired he talked about making mistakes in Florida, but saying he learned from them and that he thought those mistakes helped him become a better coach. Well 3 years later I don't know what's happened, but he's making all the same mistakes with the roster that he made with Florida with regards to the goalie situation and the young players- mistakes that contributed to his firing there. A leopard never changes his spots I guess...

The goalie thing is just getting silly. I wish Cory could string some W's together and end this mess. I'd love Cory to put up 2 or 3 wins in a row and really make it impossible to look at Marty as the go-to. And I saw this as a huge Brodeur fan. The transition needs a little push.

cory can't do it by himself though, giving up 1-2 goals a game shouldnt be a killer every single games. for Cory it is. Not his fault

Marty seems to get the "go to guy savior" treatment from DeBoer, and I don't know why.  Marty enjoyed prolonged stretches of good to very good play in 2010-11 and 2011-12 (second halves and, in 2011-12, the playoffs), but since then, he's been inconsistent at best, and has been near the bottom in save% (.902 in 53 GP since the start of last season) .  I could almost understand it if the head coach had been here for 10 years or so and was emotionally tied to Marty, but DeBoer isn't.  I know Schneider hasn't been lights out either, but I don't know what this guy has to do to get more playing time.  Maybe it changes soon, but it's hard to believe, halfway through the season, that the goaltending situation is where it is. 

DeBoer may not be emotionally tied to Marty, but Lou certainly is.

Lou is DeBoer's boss....

The goalie thing is just getting silly. I wish Cory could string some W's together and end this mess. I'd love Cory to put up 2 or 3 wins in a row and really make it impossible to look at Marty as the go-to. And I saw this as a huge Brodeur fan. The transition needs a little push.

Everyone can say what they want about Marty, but the fact is....the Devils DO NOT SCORE when Cory is in net

This translates into a bad record with Schneider as the starter

I feel for him, but the sample space is wayyyy too large at this point for me to believe it is a coincidence.

my fear is that #30 doesn't walk away in 13 weeks....and that LL signs him to play again next season ...

we really should be looking at the final 25 games of Brodeur's career, but I'm not so sure about that.

in a perfect world, the final 40 games of this season would have been 25 for Schneids & 15 for Brodeur.

Oh well...

One week from tonight should be the last time Brodeur plays in MTL.  The fans should know it & show it.

Edited by BlueSkirt