Sean Avery Clears Waivers

Quinn01

Prior to his tenure as Rangers coach, Tortorella was a commentator for TSN. When Avery pulled his locker room comedy routine that earned him the suspension, Torts said on the air:

"He's embarrassed himself, he's embarrassed the [Dallas Stars'] organization, he's embarrassed the League and he's embarrassed his teammates, who have to look out for him. Send him home. He doesn't belong in the league."

Edited by Quinn01

I can't see anyone taking Avery for any reason. NY was his last and only chance when Dallas dumped him. He knew that then and nothing has changed. He's cleaned up his act better but his reputation is still poor and quite frankly he's only effective when he is an ultimate douche and you have to be willing to take an awful risk. I think he played in fear of being "himself" for the last year+ and he's just made himself a 4th liner with some energy by doing so. He's stuck. He can't be himself and he can't not be himself.

Edited by SJP20
  • Like 1

whoa! when did this happen? what did he do? not saying it wasn't probably just him and his antics again, but this is the first i'm hearing... any articles?

it's good news either way.

I don't think he did anything you can point your finger at as the reason off the ice. I think it's just they dont need to spend 2mm for a 4th line agiator... He's been scratched the last couple of preseason games, etc.

Knowing Avery, hell say something stupid any minute now about the Rangers and how they are a sh!tty organization and he was the leader in the locker room on and off the ice. He was mad ever since he didnt get the C this season and how unappreciated he was.

I could see the Kings going for him, especially if they could get him cheap.

He was run out of LA for being a complete and utter jackass to his own teammates, including repeated ridiculing of their current captain Dustin Brown over his lisp. Somehow I do not see LA as a destination.

I now believe the Rangers have taken the next step towards becoming a legit team. Avery was holding them back...they may now have the "professional attitude" necessary to move forward...

I'm worried now...(no joking either)

I wonder if he'll blame his release on his gay marriage stance.

That was the only thing he's ever done that was respect worthy. I hope he ends up in the KHL, getting his butt kicked in a foreign land with a different language wondering why the hell he couldn't have just shut the hell up and play.

That was the only thing he's ever done that was respect worthy. I hope he ends up in the KHL, getting his butt kicked in a foreign land with a different language wondering why the hell he couldn't have just shut the hell up and play.

He wont do that. He'll play in the AHL.