76 replies to this topic

#21 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:33 PM

How does the NFL send a rookie head ref's crew to the biggest regular season game of the season? Where's Ed Hocculi and his 25 inch pythons of pain???

Question now is can the Colts beat a physical San Diego or Pittsburgh in the playoffs then go on the road to frozen Foxboro and have enough gas left in the tank. That's what killed the Pats last year was the San Diego playoff game taking such a toll left them no gas in the second half of the AFC Championship game. Presumable the Patriots will have a much easier and one-demensional Kansas City, Cleveland, Baltimore, or Buffalo type team as their first round opponent.

Edited by mdsieve, 04 November 2007 - 08:37 PM.

#22 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:31 PM

I was talking with a friend tonight and we concluded that the Patriots *MIGHT* go 16-0 or at least 15-1 because it's unlikely that they will rest Brady too much down the stretch because they will want to maintain home advantage if they ever have to play the Colts in the playoffs. So it's not like the Colts a few years back where they were way out ahead of everyone and could afford to rest some players.... New England will have to continue to play excellent football just to keep ahead of Indy.

I can easily see the Colts finishing 15-1. They are that good.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#23 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:40 PM

Lets see... The Pats remaining opponents are...

Bills,Eagles,Ravens,Steelers,Jets, Dolphins,Giants.

From these teams, Ravens,Steelers,Giants and Eagles may have a chance to win vs the Pats(10%??) Clearly, Giants and Steelers are the best teams out of these 4(So far.) So...

15-1 or 16-0 is somehow realistic(Thanks for weak teams in your divison..Winninless Dolphins, 1-8 Jets and the 4-4 Bills :o)
Posted Image

#24 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,941 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:45 PM

Lets see... The Pats remaining opponents are...

Bills,Eagles,Ravens,Steelers,Jets, Dolphins,Giants.
From these teams, Ravens,Steelers,Giants and Eagles may have a chance to win vs the Pats(10%??) Clearly, Giants and Steelers are the best teams out of these 4(So far.) So...
15-1 or 16-0 is somehow realistic(Thanks for weak teams in your divison..Winninless Dolphins, 1-8 Jets and the 4-4 Bills :o)

No question their division is tough, but they ran over arguably the best in the NFC, this team is special.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#25 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:54 PM

No question their division is tough, but they ran over arguably the best in the NFC, this team is special.

Yeah, THE NFC EAST, Chargers, Colts... I'm not saying the Pats are a bad team, because of their opponents they have been facing, no... I think this team, is the best one in the NFL, no doubt in my mind.
Posted Image

#26 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:00 PM

the colts will probably lose a game in divison

but I said it before the game and I stick to it... in a bad weather game...new england... late january... the colts have the better personnel to handle that kinda game with Keith and Adaai and so forth... I'd not be shocked to see the colts win on the road, while New England pass pass and pass game is more fit for the colts dome :P

anyone else see the Seattle/Browns game?? fun stuff!!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#27 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:11 PM

but I said it before the game and I stick to it... in a bad weather game...new england... late january... the colts have the better personnel to handle that kinda game with Keith and Adaai and so forth... I'd not be shocked to see the colts win on the road, while New England pass pass and pass game is more fit for the colts dome :P

How does a loud stadium favor a vocal guy like manning who basically runs his offense at the line? Home field is crucial to this guy he was begging the crowd a few times to quiet down and he was in his own building. Plus the Pats started to solve Addai in the 2nd half so who knows.

aside from that cowboys game is getting out of hand 1 more TD and they may be running up the score :rolleyes:

Edited by njdevils783, 04 November 2007 - 10:16 PM.

Posted Image

#28 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,941 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:12 PM

Whaddya think so far CRASHER?

Posted Image

#29 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,941 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:16 PM

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.....

Posted Image

#30 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:18 PM

How does a loud stadium favor a vocal guy like manning who basically runs his offense at the line? Home field is crucial to this guy he was begging the crowed a few times to quiet down and he was in his own building. Plus the Pats started to solve Addai in the 2nd half so who knows.

Bad weather... snow ice and wind... I hear that affects the passing game a LOT more then the running game, but hey...it's just a semi-causal observation B )... how the hell did you "solve" a guy who put up 200 yards of offense on ya?? :blink:

I said style of play, and the fact that the colts can pound it down your face, while the Pats can't anymore... it's that role reversal thing...and the Colts have never folded in their own house before :P

Whaddya think so far CRASHER?

so far... so good... pounding the Eagles like veal is ALWAYS good times!!
It's AMAZING how dead and putrid the Eagles WR's are and how NO ONE has to respect them anymore.....

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#31 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:20 PM

oh NOW it's a stomping... GET ROMO OUTTA THERE :pray:
save him for next week please... this thing could get ugly!!!!!!

#32 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,941 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:21 PM

Seriously about to type "Well Jason Witten hasn't had a nice ball yet".. I'm phsychic... lets see...

Well the Cowboys haven't had a pick six yet... ;)

Posted Image

#33 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:25 PM

Seriously about to type "Well Jason Witten hasn't had a nice ball yet".. I'm phsychic... lets see...

Well the Cowboys haven't had a pick six yet... ;)

save it for next week :P
let's just get outta here healthy now!!
(and I'm winning all three of my fantasy games... so let's keep it like so!)

#34 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:28 PM

Bad weather... snow ice and wind... I hear that affects the passing game a LOT more then the running game, but hey...it's just a semi-causal observation B )... how the hell did you "solve" a guy who put up 200 yards of offense on ya?? :blink:

I said style of play, and the fact that the colts can pound it down your face, while the Pats can't anymore... it's that role reversal thing...and the Colts have never folded in their own house before :P
so far... so good... pounding the Eagles like veal is ALWAYS good times!!
It's AMAZING how dead and putrid the Eagles WR's are and how NO ONE has to respect them anymore.....

Lets see Addai had only one catch I believe in the entire 2nd half and only 29 yards on the ground in 10 carries. Now I'm no expert but that seems like they firgured him out.

Plus 75 yards come on one play where harrison knocks his own man down in the backfield. Like I said in my first post it was a tale of 2 entirely different games. Haha and let us not forget that for a team that can't rush the ball, the colts only had 14 more yards on the ground.

Edited by njdevils783, 04 November 2007 - 10:31 PM.

Posted Image

#35 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,941 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:33 PM

I think saying "How bout them Cowboys" sums up today's SNF game.

Posted Image

#36 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:35 PM

Geez crasher 25 point lead in the 4th and the cowboys are still throwing the ball whats up with that lol
Posted Image

#37 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:36 PM

The only bad weather that upsets a passing game is wind and in Gillette Stadium the winds don't swirl the way they do at the Meadowlands. The winds blow straight down the field to one end. Non-wind bad weather actually enhances a passing game because the receivers know where they're running routes. The defensive backs are the ones slipping around reacting to the receivers (see 2nd half/OT Patriots-Raiders snow game). In 2004 the Patriots beat the snot of of Pittsburgh on the coldest night of that winter passing the ball. Unless the wind is 40+ those 6-8 yard outs and slants to Welker, Moss, Graham, and Stallworth won't be affected at all. Then even a deep ball being knocked down by wind you have the best underthrown/jump ball receiver in the NFL in Moss making that adjustment.

Much was made of the Colts running the ball but the Pats shut that down in the 2nd half. The Pats ran the ball well themselves especially with draws and running Maroney right at Indy's over agressive ends.

#38 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:40 PM

Geez crasher 25 point lead in the 4th and the cowboys are still throwing the ball whats up with that lol

oh NOW it's a stomping... GET ROMO OUTTA THERE :pray:
save him for next week please... this thing could get ugly!!!!!!

I do believe I addressed this... get the backups in there thank you!

though that play with no helmet was hella sick!!!

#39 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:42 PM

I do believe I addressed this... get the backups in there thank you!

though that play with no helmet was hella sick!!!

haha i know just trying to have some fun considering its now a Patriotesque game
Posted Image

#40 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:43 PM

haha i know just trying to have some fun considering its now a Patriotesque game

as long as ya knew!
GET THEM THE HELL OUT OF THERE NOW!!! :rant:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users