Larsson sent to Albany

Z-Man

If it's not this, I'm baffled.

Zidlicky is going nowhere so I'm not sure where that is coming from.  If, and a BIG IF, we get to the playoffs, a guy the likes of Zidlicky makes a difference in bringing "O" from the "D"...

Fayner could be a jettison-able part.

Zidlicky is going nowhere so I'm not sure where that is coming from.  If, and a BIG IF, we get to the playoffs, a guy the likes of Zidlicky makes a difference in bringing "O" from the "D"...

Fayner could be a jettison-able part.

The fact that he has value and doesn't have a NTC.

All good points.  And I hope this is PDB's reasoning.

I'm reading Erat is a healthy scratch tonight.

That would be a very...Lou..thing to do.

Maybe a trade there?

Erat is an NHL-established version of Petr Vrana.  We get Erat and I'm gonna flip my lid.  I would rather take my chances giving Cam Janssen 3rd line minutes.  Erat stinks. 

Honestly it's such a clusterfvck at this point.

I wish I could sit down with Lou, just for an hour, and really pick his brain as to what the thought processes were behind some of his more recent decisions.  

Carrying 8 NHL defensemen was an absolutely awful game plan the first time he tried it, and now, however many years later, here we are again.

Who says his brain is functioning anymore?

I think Zid is moved a few days before the March 5th trade deadline (Lou seems to make his moves before other teams do)....

That trade hapeens unless in the 18 games we have until then, we go something like 12-6 to get in the playoff hunt.

LL may even move him before the Olympics 'cuz if he gets hurt in the tournament, we get nothing....

Once Zid is gone , then Gelinas comes back and takes the #2 jersey.

Edited by BlueSkirt

I think Zid is moved a few days before the March 5th trade deadline (Lou seems to make his moves before other teams do)....

That trade hapeens unless in the 18 games we have until then, we go something like 12-6 to get in the playoff hunt.

LL may even move him before the Olympics 'cuz if he gets hurt in the tournament, we get nothing....

Once Zid is gone , then Gelinas comes back and takes the #2 jersey.

in a way that'd be good but i'd really like to still have Zid next season. He's been bringing lots of production this year. Its really Volchenkov and Salvador that i fvcking hope Lou could get rid of... 

maybe there's hope, he got rid of White and no one really saw it coming.

At least one of the 2... please Lou

Edited by SterioDesign

If this is not a conditioning stint then its ridiculous!!!  I keep getting more & more frustrated by the player moves on this team!!  Larsson gets NOTHING from being in Albany other than conditioning, what the point? if you have to nech Fayne then do it,., trade someone already ... this is so DUMB!!!

i'm not gonna get too bent out of shape on this for about a week. i think it's clear lou would love to resolve the logjam but i'm sure there are no takers for anyone that lou will deal on defense. even for nothing, nobody wants anton or sal. fayne is probably worth something, but because he's ufa, it would only be to a team that fancies itself a playoff team that's missing a depth defender.

maybe a team like boston who lost sidenberg for the season - that might work. maybe fayne brings back a 4th rounder.

but until then, i think lou almost hopes injury takes care of this to kick the can down to the road a bit until closer to the trade deadline

in a way that'd be good but i'd really like to still have Zid next season. He's been bringing lots of production this year. Its really Volchenkov and Salvador that i fvcking hope Lou could get rid of... 

No! We must trade Zid! We won't make the playoffs and we won't win the Cup so why care?! Bring in some offensive minded prospects! Next year will be the same! We can't afford to lose him to retirement for nothing!

• Like 2

Lou created the logjam in the first place. He needs a conditioning stint on how to be a better GM before Larsson needs one. Just more clown stuff from an increasingly dysfunctional and ineffective front office and coaching staff

No! We must trade Zid! We won't make the playoffs and we won't win the Cup so why care?! Bring in some offensive minded prospects! Next year will be the same! We can't afford to lose him to retirement for nothing!

Feeling though acting like an a$$hole hidden behind a keyboard on the other side of the ocean bud?

I wasn't a fan of bringing Zidlicky back this year and I would be pissed if he was back next year. He's been more productive of late but did have that extended rough stretch of just 6 points in 24 games which isn't acceptable for a D that can't play D. I'd rather Gelinas just take his role over next year.

Plus the Devils already will have a ton of D in the system for next year.

NHL D Under Contract (7): Volchenkov, Salvador, Greene, Merrill, Gelinas, Harrold, Larsson

AHL D Under Contract (7): Hrabarenka, Severson, Scarlett, Helgeson, Gedig*, McPherson**, Kelly***

*Expected to be signed.

**Not sure if his AHL deal goes thru next year.

***I'd expect him to be the veteran D they usually keep.

Plus the Devils could very well end up qualifying some of Burlon, Urbom, and Young.

I wasn't a fan of bringing Zidlicky back this year and I would be pissed if he was back next year. He's been more productive of late but did have that extended rough stretch of just 6 points in 24 games which isn't acceptable for a D that can't play D. I'd rather Gelinas just take his role over next year.

Plus the Devils already will have a ton of D in the system for next year.

NHL D Under Contract (7): Volchenkov, Salvador, Greene, Merrill, Gelinas, Harrold, Larsson

AHL D Under Contract (7): Hrabarenka, Severson, Scarlett, Helgeson, Gedig*, McPherson**, Kelly***

*Expected to be signed.

**Not sure if his AHL deal goes thru next year.

***I'd expect him to be the veteran D they usually keep.

Plus the Devils could very well end up qualifying some of Burlon, Urbom, and Young.

Yeah thats fair. Id still really like to get rid of either volch or sal. Possibly salvador, he's older and having the C on him is an handicap. Having 2 guys like that is not helping cause yes u need stay at home dmen but youll always have a goalie behind yo save the day at worst. To get goals though its not something everyone can do on a regular basis and zids has that, thats why i said id like to keep him but its true that were kind of full.

Id like to keep fayne instead of one of the 2, he's younger and he paid his due.

Yeah thats fair. Id still really like to get rid of either volch or sal. Possibly salvador, he's older and having the C on him is an handicap. Having 2 guys like that is not helping cause yes u need stay at home dmen but youll always have a goalie behind yo save the day at worst. To get goals though its not something everyone can do on a regular basis and zids has that, thats why i said id like to keep him but its true that were kind of full.

Id like to keep fayne instead of one of the 2, he's younger and he paid his due.

Well duh, I think just about everyone here would like to get rid of Volch and Sal.  The problem is the reasons why everyone wants to get rid of them are the same reasons no one really wants them.  Volch still has two years left on his deal and Sal has another one left on his, and Sal is also about to turn 38.  If Lou got even one of those players off the books, he's damned near worked a miracle as far as I'm concerned.  I have no idea how he moves either player, unless he's taking someone else's trash back.   

Well duh, I think just about everyone here would like to get rid of Volch and Sal.  The problem is the reasons why everyone wants to get rid of them are the same reasons no one really wants them.  Volch still has two years left on his deal and Sal has another one left on his, and Sal is also about to turn 38.  If Lou got even one of those players off the books, he's damned near worked a miracle as far as I'm concerned.  I have no idea how he moves either player, unless he's taking someone else's trash back.   

we have poker money now and 2 compliance buyouts. And certainly owners who want to see the team in the playoffs.

Well duh, I think just about everyone here would like to get rid of Volch and Sal. The problem is the reasons why everyone wants to get rid of them are the same reasons no one really wants them. Volch still has two years left on his deal and Sal has another one left on his, and Sal is also about to turn 38. If Lou got even one of those players off the books, he's damned near worked a miracle as far as I'm concerned. I have no idea how he moves either player, unless he's taking someone else's trash back.

They're easier to move then people think, certainly Sal since he doesn't have an NTC. At this point Sal is being paid below the average of a starting NHL defenseman, and Volchenkov is probably right about at it. Even moreso when the cap goes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk