2014 World Junior Championship

thefiestygoat

The officiating is definitely different in the WJC games than what we're used to seeing.  It appears to me that there are a lot of scenarios where the philosophy that we're accustomed to seeing is, "Yes, that's technically illegal, but we won't call a penalty in that situation," (a mad scramble in front for example) whereas those things are being called by the international officials.

Canada winning international tournaments? Surely you jest.

well yes not in the past two or three years as much but let's be honest if we go back over the past 25 years I'm sure about 95% of international tourneys we're won by the countries I listed, maybe throw in the Czechs as well.

well yes not in the past two or three years as much but let's be honest if we go back over the past 25 years I'm sure about 95% of international tourneys we're won by the countries I listed, maybe throw in the Czechs as well.

Not to be a jerk, but the US doesn't belong in that conversation just yet. A World Cup when Clinton was in office and three WJC titles in the past two decades? Finns, Czechs, Swedes have better records than that. 

Mind you it will change, but looking at the past 10-20 years of international competition...nope.

Not to be a jerk, but the US doesn't belong in that conversation just yet. A World Cup when Clinton was in office and three WJC titles in the past two decades? Finns, Czechs, Swedes have better records than that.

Mind you it will change, but looking at the past 10-20 years of international competition...nope.

probably so, but I'd also account for two silvers in the past 3 Olympics and domination at the u18 level.

Overall they may be a step below the other 3 but they're closer to the top than they are to the rest of the pack.