Oh these new owners are just dandy

RangersSuck23

Why are you questioning whether or not this makes me a "fan"? As far as I'm concerned most "fans" aren't going to the games, which is a reflection of how most people feel about your buds up there

Because to some "fans" it's now fashionable to blame the owners, hate on them and quit on the team. Even for the littlest inconvenience. Instead of taking a second first and asking questions (or just be patient), it's just easier to blame it on Harris and Blitzer even though they have nothing to do with it. My "buds" saved MY team from imploding in on itself and God knows what else....

Edited by TheRedStorm

Because to some "fans" it's now fashionable to blame the owners even for the littlest inconvenience. Instead of taking a second first and asking questions (or be patient), it's just easier to blame it on Harris and Blitzer even though they have nothing to do with it.

Have to really agree here.. Every issue, big or little, is being blamed on new ownership.. Really doesn't make any sense as they are not actually involved in any day to day activities.. Now making a thread about the issue is fine, but making a thread directed at complaining about ownership for this issue solves nothing

And sure it's an inconvenience but I'm also sure it'll be worked out one way or another.. I'll be shocked if they do nothing about it.. So just relax and use this thread as a place to share news once they announce how it's being rectified, not a place to just berate ownership

Because to some "fans" it's now fashionable to blame the owners, hate on them and quit on the team. Even for the littlest inconvenience. Instead of taking a second first and asking questions (or just be patient), it's just easier to blame it on Harris and Blitzer even though they have nothing to do with it. My "buds" saved MY team from imploding in on itself and God knows what else....

Who said i'm quitting on the team? You make me sound like a Rangers fan when they lose 2 games in a row. I just think that these owners aren't putting in the effort like Vanderbeek did. Even when Vanderbeek didn't have money, you could still tell that he cared deeply for the fans

Well whoever conceived of this voucher really screwed the pooch.  If you figure the team has 10-11000 sth/plan holder tickets sold for this game, that only leaves about 5000 tickets available when you take out the club section (obviously not available through this).  They absolutely gave out more than 5000 vouchers the other night and everyone could get a max of four.   You do the math as to how many people are actually going to get what they want.

At least the other offer split it over two games. 

Have to really agree here.. Every issue, big or little, is being blamed on new ownership.. Really doesn't make any sense as they are not actually involved in any day to day activities.. Now making a thread about the issue is fine, but making a thread directed at complaining about ownership for this issue solves nothing

And sure it's an inconvenience but I'm also sure it'll be worked out one way or another.. I'll be shocked if they do nothing about it.. So just relax and use this thread as a place to share news once they announce how it's being rectified, not a place to just berate ownership

Rectify what?  It was clearly a first-come first-serve voucher.  They didn't actually promise tickets.  Most people didn't 'pay' much for them and the money went to a good cause.  It's just an unneccesary inconvenience for the people that didn't get bupkus (which was clearly the majority at this rate) and more bad will the sales department/owners didn't need.  Maybe if enough people make a stink about it they'll have the codes be good for another game, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for that.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Well whoever conceived of this voucher really screwed the pooch.  If you figure the team has 10-11000 sth/plan holder tickets sold for this game, that only leaves about 5000 tickets available when you take out the club section (obviously not available through this).  They absolutely gave out more than 5000 vouchers the other night and everyone could get a max of four.   You do the math as to how many people are actually going to get what they want.

Rectify what?  It was clearly a first-come first-serve voucher.  They didn't actually promise tickets.  Most people didn't 'pay' much for them and the money went to a good cause.  It's just an unneccesary inconvenience for the people that didn't get bupkus (which was clearly the majority at this rate) and more bad will the sales department/owners didn't need.  Maybe if enough people make a stink about it they'll have the codes be good for another game, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for that.

I'm definitely calling to complain to someone.

This board, while it doesn't represent every fan, it's a good way to get an idea of how fans feel or the experience they're having, a poll of sorts. If no one here is saying they got 4, I really doubt there's a lot of people that did. Right now I only got 2 tickets out of each voucher for a total of 4 tickets, in different sections of course. There were multiple times I had seats in the lower bowl pop up for me, only to get that unable to process screen when I tried to buy them. Happened like 3 times. Now I have 2 in the goal bar and 2 in 230.

While I did get to see a game, I bought tickets to the LA game under the impression I'd at least have a shot at getting 4 tickets out of my voucher, so long as I was ready when they opened up the process. That's money I wouldn't have spent otherwise and that I could use right now, but with the thought I'd get the extra tickets, I told myself it was worth it.

Getting to see a whole extra game is nice and I would have been happy with that if they just gave vouchers for 2 seats instead. They must have known almost no one would get 4 at all, much less together and still marketed the LA game as if that were the case. The marketing was intentionally misleading imo and that is what has left me to feel like they pulled the wool over my eyes a bit here.

Edited by ATLL765

Well whoever conceived of this voucher really screwed the pooch. If you figure the team has 10-11000 sth/plan holder tickets sold for this game, that only leaves about 5000 tickets available when you take out the club section (obviously not available through this). They absolutely gave out more than 5000 vouchers the other night and everyone could get a max of four. You do the math as to how many people are actually going to get what they want.

In their defense, the vouchers do say "Tickets subject to availability".. I mean you're definitely going to have unused vouchers so it makes sense to give out more vouchers than you have tix for.. It's basically first come first serve for redemption, and the point was to donate cans to charity, so I mean if the tickets run out then you just weren't quick enough but it's not like you've lost something you were given

In their defense, the vouchers do say "Tickets subject to availability".. I mean you're definitely going to have unused vouchers so it makes sense to give out more vouchers than you have tix for.. It's basically first come first serve for redemption, and the point was to donate cans to charity, so I mean if the tickets run out then you just weren't quick enough but it's not like you've lost something you were given

This.  A thousand times this.

I put that much in my post later...but really this is just something else that was predictably going to blow up on them and did.  When you make people wait a couple weeks to rectify the vouchers you better not have any bugs in the system at least.

Who said i'm quitting on the team? You make me sound like a Rangers fan when they lose 2 games in a row.

Well, you know, you did sort of say this and all  :thumbsup: i'm just messing with you here, but i'm tired of the fans' attitudes with respect to the owners. A goal song was changed and squashed were the amateur ticket brokers. You'd think they ordered the team's payroll slashed, changed the uniforms and fired lou. I mean, perspective here, you know? If not for these people this franchise would be in serious, serious trouble.

I haven't posted in a while. Here is my take on the situation: 

The Devils have always been the team that isn't supposed to go far. They are always projected to be in the bottom of the standings cause they have washed up players, or they're getting old, or Marty isn't the same or blah blah blah. Look at it this way, we took that to heart.  Looking at this team we are starting realizing we have old, slow, awful defenseman (sal, volch) and a penalty machine in Zid combined with the always "ok" harrold and the constant mystery of Adam Larsson, not to mention the old, average, non-playmaking forwards we have combined with the young, under-performing small forwards we have that never seem to show up. Now, back to the fact that we are always projected to be sh!t. We are. It always happens and we always overperform.  But the writing has been on the wall the past 3 years. Yes, we made it to the finals 2 years ago, i know, but it was a great run and it is starting to feel like its holding this team's future back. We are clinging on to our past too long. We cling on to the fact that "we will be ok because we are the Devils and no matter what anyone projects us or says about us, we will make the playoffs." But we haven't. We didn't last season and maybe it was the short season, but we weren't concerned very much. Now this season starts and we are all pumped up even though we just lost two key guys in clarkie and kovy and replaced them with a bunch of guys who have good track records, but it obviously isn't meshing right now and it isn't pretty. OUR DEFENSE IS HORRID. We need to use this season as a learning curve. Realize we aren't invincible. Try out our young guys and bring in some excitement. Have a fire sale with these old guys like volch and sal. Bring in new coaches, especially get stevens out. He obviously isn't working out.  We can do so much to have some good things happen this season. Play Josefson, Olesz, Fayne and Gelinas. The kids are faster, younger, and hungrier. They get mad and play with heart. I know josefson does. I love him for that. We don't have that right now. Deboer has jokes at practice and his job is too safe. It's unbearable to watch these sh!t games and wonder what the fuvk is going on. I might be overreacting here, but i'm just fed up . I'm fine if we tank this season because I believe in the philosophy that you have to hit rock bottom to make it all the way to the top. The reason why the Devils have been good for so long is that we had legends for a bunch of years. Our teams were stacked cause we've been excellent at drafting and just retool the 3rd and 4th lines each year to get back to being good. But this year we have 2 2nd lines and 2 4th lines. We cannot win like this. It's a patchwork team that has no future, not to mention we won't be able to get a good pick this year cause of Kovalchuk. Im done for a while . I watched the first period of tonights game and just switched to the cowboys game. The game was still tied at the end of the 1st, but i saw nothing in their play that told me they were gonna win this game. Alas, I watch the highlights after and i was right. Our powerplay is sad. Schneider bails us out on every fuvkin breakaway and we are just slow as f. I see nothing that gives me excitement about this team this season. They don't give me the feeling that other Devils teams have given me. This sucks and I can't take it anymore

When they start trying to play hockey again and play with some passion, mine will come back.

Edited by TheRedStorm

My thing was why the fvck did they think doing it all for one game was alright? Especially since you gave everyone up to 4 tickets. I didn't think it was going to go down like that before I got the voucher because I thought that would be insane.

agreed they couldnt hold up to giving everyone 4, i was only able to get 2