UFC Thread

RockingTheRed81

Anyone see the finals of TUF at the weekend?

The show has made me absolutley despise Ronda Rousey, so i was rooting for Meisha's team, but i also really grew to dislike Juliana Pena (even though she is a very tallented fighter) and i liked Davey Grant since he is English.

Also a bit of a shock in the Australian card as well.

I'm a new fan and caught up on the Rousey/Tate rivalry thru youtube. I'm definitely pulling for Tate in the rematch but I don't necessarily despise Rousey. I just get the feeling she is one of those fighters that has to have a chip on her shoulder at all times. I love how much they hate each other though.

I was pulling for Rakoczy against Pena but I don't hate Pena. I'm just kind of indifferent towards her.

I really liked both Holdsworth and Grant so it was hard to know one of them was going to lose. Really happy for Holdsworth and really happy that Grant just tweeted out that Dana White gave him a UFC contract. Look forward to seeing these guys in the future.

Wasn't familiar with the history between Diaz and Maynard until they showed it on the broadcast. All I can say is wow, I have no idea how Maynard took that many punches to his head and stood that long. Insane.

I'm a new fan and caught up on the Rousey/Tate rivalry thru youtube. I'm definitely pulling for Tate in the rematch but I don't necessarily despise Rousey. I just get the feeling she is one of those fighters that has to have a chip on her shoulder at all times. I love how much they hate each other though.

I was pulling for Rakoczy against Pena but I don't hate Pena. I'm just kind of indifferent towards her.

I really liked both Holdsworth and Grant so it was hard to know one of them was going to lose. Really happy for Holdsworth and really happy that Grant just tweeted out that Dana White gave him a UFC contract. Look forward to seeing these guys in the future.

Wasn't familiar with the history between Diaz and Maynard until they showed it on the broadcast. All I can say is wow, I have no idea how Maynard took that many punches to his head and stood that long. Insane.

Rousey is just a really serious aggresive person, and i guess thats what makes her such a good fighter, but she is in no way personable(at least on TV). Tate is just as strong but has personality and a bit of charm.

As much as i disliked Pena, Rackozy was an incredibly one dimensional fighter, i was shocked she got through aginst Pennington, but Pennington just had an incredibly bad fight in the Semi's. Pena again just had a personality which annoyed me, she seemed to alienate most of the house.  

Glad Davey is getting a contract, he is an exciting fighter, also we are a bit thin on the ground right now in terms of UK UFC fighters.

Both the Diaz brothers are incredibly tallented, unfortunatley i dont think either of them are smart enough to get to the top and win a title. If i was making up a card where i wanted an exciting fight they would both be on there though, because every fight ends up being a brawl.

• 4 weeks later...

Rousey is just a really serious aggresive person, and i guess thats what makes her such a good fighter, but she is in no way personable(at least on TV). Tate is just as strong but has personality and a bit of charm.

As much as i disliked Pena, Rackozy was an incredibly one dimensional fighter, i was shocked she got through aginst Pennington, but Pennington just had an incredibly bad fight in the Semi's. Pena again just had a personality which annoyed me, she seemed to alienate most of the house.

Glad Davey is getting a contract, he is an exciting fighter, also we are a bit thin on the ground right now in terms of UK UFC fighters.

Both the Diaz brothers are incredibly tallented, unfortunatley i dont think either of them are smart enough to get to the top and win a title. If i was making up a card where i wanted an exciting fight they would both be on there though, because every fight ends up being a brawl.

are you kidding? Have you seen her interviews like on espn? She has a huge smile and I thought she was very personable

Yeah he was but respectfully. Wieldman said he's still the best of all time. Watch ouy for wiieldman

Tough way to go out for Silva. Obviously a horrendous injury and he's most likely done.

I did hear,though, that Silva was getting fvcked up the whole time anyway so he may still have lost

Tough way to go out for Silva. Obviously a horrendous injury and he's most likely done.

I did hear,though, that Silva was getting fvcked up the whole time anyway so he may still have lost

The GOAT got dropped by a good shot just behind the ear. He was out and then Weidman went into ground and pound mode...I couldn't believe Silva held on with an awesome guard. I became Silva fan late into his career and was tough seeing him go out that way.

First GSP and now the Spider!!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Devlin

• 2 weeks later...

are you kidding? Have you seen her interviews like on espn? She has a huge smile and I thought she was very personable

I have.

On TUF she basically ruined her reputation for me, and the lack of handshake at the end of of the Tate fight said it all. I think she only gave Tate praise because she got the worst ever reaction to a win in the octagon.

Silva said he wants to come back. With an injury like that i think it would be unwise, everyone is going to target that leg in the future, and i am not sure he can throw it with confidence after that (Subconsciously i don’t think your body lefts you).

I feel Sorry for Wideman as well, two victories, both in a way tainted by Anderson Silva, the first one, he play acts and gets himself knocked out, and everyone says "he only won because Silva didn’t take him seriously". Second win Silva injures himself and people will say "He won because Silva broke his leg".

Chris deserved the win, and his blocking of Silvas kicks was a good strategy, but i doubt he gets as much credit as he deserves from those wins.

Also as much as its never good to see a fighter injured i am glad Cruz is having to give up the title so the division can move on. Over 2 years with an Interim title would have been a bit of a farce. Hoping Faber picks up the belt, he has looked imense of late.

I have.

On TUF she basically ruined her reputation for me, and the lack of handshake at the end of of the Tate fight said it all. I think she only gave Tate praise because she got the worst ever reaction to a win in the octagon.

Silva said he wants to come back. With an injury like that i think it would be unwise, everyone is going to target that leg in the future, and i am not sure he can throw it with confidence after that (Subconsciously i don’t think your body lefts you).

I feel Sorry for Wideman as well, two victories, both in a way tainted by Anderson Silva, the first one, he play acts and gets himself knocked out, and everyone says "he only won because Silva didn’t take him seriously". Second win Silva injures himself and people will say "He won because Silva broke his leg".

Chris deserved the win, and his blocking of Silvas kicks was a good strategy, but i doubt he gets as much credit as he deserves from those wins.

Also as much as its never good to see a fighter injured i am glad Cruz is having to give up the title so the division can move on. Over 2 years with an Interim title would have been a bit of a farce. Hoping Faber picks up the belt, he has looked imense of late.

I was pumped to hear Cruz had to vacate the belt.  The California Kid got slotted into the title shot and will have another chance at capturing a UFC strap at UFC 169, LIVE FROM PRUDENTIAL CENTER IN NEWARK, NEW JERSEY!!!

By the time Silva gets back from that type kd injury it'll be to late. He'd end up fighting journeymen really. He's at the end of his career this just basically point the end to it. He just doesn't want to go out on losses.

He could be back in under a year

I can see him fighting a decent guy or 2 and then getting another title shot

If Weidman is still champ it will be quite interesting to say the least.

I am also waiting for the announcement of Jon Jones' next opponent/venue....it was announced/not official for about 3 different venues/events and all were taken back....

But with his age man and Two losses and this being a drastic injury he needs to be very careful.

I was pumped to hear Cruz had to vacate the belt. The California Kid got slotted into the title shot and will have another chance at capturing a UFC strap at UFC 169, LIVE FROM PRUDENTIAL CENTER IN NEWARK, NEW JERSEY!!!

He could be back in under a year

I can see him fighting a decent guy or 2 and then getting another title shot

If Weidman is still champ it will be quite interesting to say the least.

I am also waiting for the announcement of Jon Jones' next opponent/venue....it was announced/not official for about 3 different venues/events and all were taken back....

Edited by CarterforPresident

By the time Silva gets back from that type kd injury it'll be to late. He'd end up fighting journeymen really. He's at the end of his career this just basically point the end to it. He just doesn't want to go out on losses.

He has already started physiotherapy, The statment at the time said recovery time is 3-6 months, he has then got to train so a year would not be out of the question for a comeback.

There are already rumblings that his first fight back could be against GSP with them both returnign after a break for a superfight.

• 3 weeks later...