GDT: Pens @ NJD 3/17/12

Devs4LordStanley

Seems like the right time to peak, unfortunately.

And seriously, Chico needs to shut the fvck up. I don't want to hear about how damn good the penguins are. If I cared, I'd watch the fvcking Pittsburgh feed! Jesus Christ..

LOL true but would you rather hear him go on and on how much this team has problems?

So I should just accept that and not be bothered when the call goes against us one time and for the other team another time?.. I feel much better thanks

How about being ticked at a team that no showed for 55 minutes instead of being mad the Pens didn't get screwed the way we did? At least 15 or 16 of the other 18 skaters should be doing Herbies after that lovely performance.

Edited by NJDevs4978

How about being ticked at a team that no showed for 55 minutes instead of being mad the Pens didn't get screwed the way we did? At least 15 or 16 of the other 18 skaters should be doing Herbies after that lovely performance.

No one is saying this game is the refs fault. we were talking about the inconsistency of the kick ins. How does our poor performance relate to that topic?

Really sucks that a really good performance from Marty is wasted.

No time to dwell on this, Rangers on Monday.

You sound like Chico and Dano "Marty played well the score could have been worse" Marty did have some great saves but they still scored 5 goals against, none were deflected off our guys sticks & none were put in by our guys. One GA was off a face off and Marty wasn't ready and set in goal before the face off, so they scored. Chico tried to blame Henrique because he lost the face off, wrong he did lose the face off but it was scored by winger. Marty missed some pucks that resulted in GA. There were, I think, 41 shots on goal and at least 21 good shots so why do I care if we lose by 5-2 or 15-2, it's a loss, period, I don't blow my load because Marty lost the game but save a potential 10 more GA.

The Pens are a great team. Malkin is having his best ever year, he is the best in the NHL. Fleury is a great goalie. I expect them to be tough. So I am sorry I don't think a 5-2 loss vs a 15-2 loss is outstanding for Marty.

You sound like Chico and Dano "Marty played well the score could have been worse" Marty did have some great saves but they still scored 5 goals against, none were deflected off our guys sticks & none were put in by our guys. One GA was off a face off and Marty wasn't ready and set in goal before the face off, so they scored. Chico tried to blame Henrique because he lost the face off, wrong he did lose the face off but it was scored by winger. Marty missed some pucks that resulted in GA. There were, I think, 41 shots on goal and at least 21 good shots so why do I care if we lose by 5-2 or 15-2, it's a loss, period, I don't blow my load because Marty lost the game but save a potential 10 more GA.

The Pens are a great team. Malkin is having his best ever year, he is the best in the NHL. Fleury is a great goalie. I expect them to be tough. So I am sorry I don't think a 5-2 loss vs a 15-2 loss is outstanding for Marty.

Okay, almost all of their goals were beautiful. Malkins goal was a nasty one timer, Cooke's was on a 2 on 1, Dupuis' was a laser, and the last one by Cooke essentially didn't matter. Basically, a few of them were completely unstoppable, and a few of them were "maybe" stoppabe, but if you're going to harp on Brodeur for this game then you're misplacing your anger. The team didn't show up around him. He did show up. So I am sorry that I mentioned he had a pretty good performance when considering what he was up against.

• Like 1

Okay, almost all of their goals were beautiful. Malkins goal was a nasty one timer, Cooke's was on a 2 on 1, Dupuis' was a laser, and the last one by Cooke essentially didn't matter. Basically, a few of them were completely unstoppable, and a few of them were "maybe" stoppabe, but if you're going to harp on Brodeur for this game then you're misplacing your anger. The team didn't show up around him. He did show up. So I am sorry that I mentioned he had a pretty good performance when considering what he was up against.

Don't waste your time trying to explain anything to him, there is a reason why he has "Broken Record" under his name.

eh, I'm closing the door on this game from my prospective before I end up getting mad over the things I hear about it (especially from my brother the Penguins fan)

I'll never admit (Crosby, Malkin, Kunitz, Flower, Player A, B,C - or not) that the Penguins are or were ever better than us. We've had some great teams and could have won every game we've played them once we became a good team around the mid 90s, but haven't always seemed to have our head in it or that urgency to WIN every time we've played them. We have the talent to overcome people like Crysby in the past and we've DONE IT before (the first throwback game). We have the talent to go head to head with the best the NHL can throw at us but don't always show it. When we don't we get blown out like this. Were we outclassed today? No, I don't believe it for a second. We didn't have our heads in it completely, we didn't seem to 'want it' as much (I even heard the players refer to the throwback game as 'fun' which means the mindset was, eh, we'll win, we'll get up on them early then put on a clinic for our fans) - and THAT'S why we lost, had too much of a laid-back nostalgic attitude going in and we were playing a team with a ton of confidence on a now 11-game winning streak. I'm just convinced they didn't rise to the challenge cause they didn't see it as such a big one. This is the last 10, you HAVE to be up for EVERY one going forward. Sure, if we end up 6th, so be it. At this point I'd rather play #3 cause it will prob be the Panthers from a weak conference. I don't want to see Philly, Rangers, Penguins first round because I think they will be too starstruck over those teams' players and their flashy "skills" and not take the body and win puck races, and get the puck moving, and we'll either get swept, or lose out in 5 games. I certainly would feel getting in the playoffs is a big accomplishment over last year, but it would be better than since the lockout if we could get in and at least make it to the second round if we must not advance.

Well, guys, lick your wounds, walk it off and come out fighting looking for blood on Monday. Let's end the season series vs the Rangers on a winning note. We need some momentum to ride going into the playoffs.

This is why I'll never be a fan of this coach. They can win the Cup & I still won't agree with his style of coaching.

It's good to know how pissed off Parise is though. He's been calling them out the last 3 games.

I mean, Ftorek threw a bench on the ice but he never won us the Cup.

We don't know what goes on behind closed doors.

Edited by DevilsFanSteve30

This is why I'll never be a fan of this coach. They can win the Cup & I still won't agree with his style of coaching.

It's good to know how pissed off Parise is though. He's been calling them out the last 3 games.

His "style" of coaching is what:

1. Has enabled this mediocre team able to transition to the new NHL

2. Has earned the respect of players like Parise and Kovy instead of the public Torts-esque media tantrums that happen elsewhere.

I don't care what he says to the media - it serves zero purpose short of making the fans' wounds a little sting a little less.

Its what he does when the locker room door closes that interests me more.

Edited by DevilinLA

Several things that upset me but one thing is definitely PDB's fault. When the guys are not scoring or being shutdown, you need to break them up. Can't keep Parise-Henrique-Kovy on the same line at the moment, need to light a fire over there and for that PDB has to mix them up. I don't understand why he doesn't do that. The problem with Lemaire is he did it every other shift, which was upsetting, and PDB doesnt do it at all. Got to be a little dynamic here.

He could've moved henrique to the third, kovy to left with elias/sykora and zubrus to the right with josefson/parise and see how it pans out. This guy has to some times take this risk if the game is pretty much done and see how it goes.