Photo

Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!)

• Please log in to reply
1718 replies to this topic

Poll: Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!) (130 member(s) have cast votes)

When will we see hockey?

1. Oct 12 (10 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Nov 12 (19 votes [14.62%])

Percentage of vote: 14.62%

3. Dec 12 (26 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. Jan 13 (33 votes [25.38%])

Percentage of vote: 25.38%

5. Feb 13 (1 votes [0.77%])

Percentage of vote: 0.77%

6. Mar 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Apr 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Oct 13 (14 votes [10.77%])

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

9. Never (27 votes [20.77%])

Percentage of vote: 20.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#261 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,697 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

Am I missing something? What are the owners conceding with this offer? 50-50 sounds nice and fair but at the end of the day they are still asking the players to take a 7% cut while they give themselves a 7% raise, right? What are the players getting out of this?

No immediate paycut and the league promised to give money back in other ways (no idea how though)

#262 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,599 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

Am I missing something? What are the owners conceding with this offer? 50-50 sounds nice and fair but at the end of the day they are still asking the players to take a 7% cut while they give themselves a 7% raise, right? What are the players getting out of this?

The players would start getting a paycheck sooner rather than later.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#263 enjoythesilence

enjoythesilence

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

godamnit im excited and can't concentrate at work !!!

Me too! I wailed my arms when I saw this news. I hope a deal is struck.
"They score! Henrique! It's over!"-Doc
"I couldn't be prouder of this group"-Pete DeBoer

#264 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

apparently free agency would be changed to 28 years old or 8 years played. Would that make Zajac an RFA?

#265 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,599 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

Evidently five year cap on non-rookie deals.
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#266 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

from what im gathering... the CBA would be at least 6 years...

contracts 5 years max, entry level contrats 4 years, 28 years old for an UFA status... the arbitration would remain too

Edited by SterioDesign, 16 October 2012 - 12:43 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#267 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

I am not excited until the news breaks that the first game(s) of the season will be played. Until then so what...

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#268 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

This offer is a step in the right direction, but NHLPA won't take it. NHLPA can't take any offer unless it gets even a SINGLE concession. Even if it's some bogus revenue sharing plan that has almost no impact it's important to save face. There's no way this is over yet.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#269 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,599 posts

apparently free agency would be changed to 28 years old or 8 years played. Would that make Zajac an RFA?

i think it's 28 years old AND 8 years played.

I think it would give Zajac an extra year as an RFA. He'll be 28, but will have only played seven years in 2013.
Posted Image

#270 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

Whoa ... 5-year cap on contracts? That changes everything.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#271 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

The "players" are taking a 12% cut ((57-50)/57). Losing a year of UFA, and supposedly taking a 5 year cap on non-rookie deals. In exchange they are being granted nothing from the NHL.

This is the first reasonable offer from the NHL though because it supposedly protects the contracts the players signed during the last CBA. For that it's the first offer to actually get excited about since it's not a complete non-starter for the NHLPA. Regardless, it's still not a great offer. It only seems like one in comparison to the terrible earlier ones.
Posted Image

#272 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

per JSportsnet

Another interesting tidbit from NHL offer... Players' Salaries for those NHLers playing in the AHL would be part of the cap.

www.SterioDesign.com

#273 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

The "players" are taking a 12% cut ((57-50)/57). Losing a year of UFA, and supposedly taking a 5 year cap on non-rookie deals. In exchange they are being granted nothing from the NHL.

This is the first reasonable offer from the NHL though because it supposedly protects the contracts the players signed during the last CBA. For that it's the first offer to actually get excited about since it's not a complete non-starter for the NHLPA. Regardless, it's still not a great offer. It only seems like one in comparison to the terrible earlier ones.

Ah you're right it is 12%. This is probably working out exactly as the NHL wants it to. Everyone is getting excited about a 50-50 deal because it sounds fair and reasonable and then when the NHLPA inevitably rejects it everybody will point the finger at them instead.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#274 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

It does look like the league made a pretty decent concession in revenue sharing. I'm not current on what past proposals included but they're going from the current rate of sharing about $150M in revenue to $200M. The PA started out asking for $240M. That's JUST a little more than meeting them halfway.
Posted Image

#275 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

per JSportsnet

Another interesting tidbit from NHL offer... Players' Salaries for those NHLers playing in the AHL would be part of the cap.

Interesting. Between the 5-year cap on deals and this, it looks like the owners are really working hard to put the kibash on cap shenanigans. Weird, since they're the ones proposing those contracts. Maybe the small market teams are starting to drive the bus?
Posted Image

#276 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

per JSportsnet

Redden *cough cough*

That's good for the players though.

Edited by Zubie#8, 16 October 2012 - 01:14 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#277 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

It does look like the league made a pretty decent concession in revenue sharing. I'm not current on what past proposals included but they're going from the current rate of sharing about $150M in revenue to $200M. The PA started out asking for $240M. That's JUST a little more than meeting them halfway.

The NHLPA asked for that in exchange for a larger share of HRR though still right? Still I did not hear that. That's the face saving concession from the owners (and i'm sure the poorer owners are content with it as well). That makes the deal a little better. Still I expect Fehr to play hardball. Too many concessions from the players.
Posted Image

#278 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,404 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

While I doubt this will be the deal maker, at least we are moving in the right direction...
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#279 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

@GlobeKPD: Fehr: ''Would like to believe after we are done [with review]....that it's an excellent starting point and there's a deal to be made.''

believe-zubrus.jpg

#280 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,009 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

A) Fairness
B) No cutback of the players salaries this year
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users