2013 Miami Dolphins Thread

Daniel

Geno is starting to look competent. 

Geno looked awesome yesterday……… in 67° weather. :P  If there’s one thing analysts have noticed in Smith’s game, it’s that he doesn’t perform well in windy\cold elements. This is the #1 reason I believe the Dolphins are going to see a much different game out of Geno on Sunday, than the first time we played eachother. The second biggest reason I believe the outcome will be different is HOW the Jets are using Smith. He’s rushed for 142 yrds over the last 3 games.. and as a result, has 6 TD’s to show for it. Throughout the entire year, the Jets were trying to mold Geno into a pocket passer. --the same as what they tried with Sanchez. (remember Joe Girardi even being brought in, dissuading Sanchez from running with the ball) Yet, something happened after the first Miami game with the Jets, and MM and the coordinators decided to utilize Geno’s legs almost as much as his arm. The results have been fantastic over the past 3 weeks, as the Jets are now suddenly averaging 27 points per game. I wish they would’ve went to this train-of-thought sooner. If Geno’s game is going to be running for 50 yrds a week, that’s an 800 yrd season with just his legs. Under those perimeters (and some more talented players being brought in) maybe, just maybe, the Jets can win with Geno Smith.

I fully expect the Jets to go balls to the wall to knock us out. We better be ready. No excuses.

And while his job is safe at least for next year, it will tell you a lot about Philbin if the Phins lay another egg in a must win game against a non-playoff team. 

How is this an issue with an NFL team. I mentioned this months ago after a good friend was telling me he charted every play.

Ryan Tannehill was sacked seven times Sunday against the Buffalo Bills. Aside from facing the NFL's leading sack unit, left tackle Bryant McKinnie thinks he knows why the Bills were able to get great pressure.

"They got in a rhythm with our cadence," he said, per the South Florida Sun Sentinel.

McKinnie, who was brought in midway through the season, didn't previously mention the trouble to coaches because he didn't believe another team had caught on.

"I always used to wonder like, 'Dang, I wonder why nobody's actually ever keyed in,'" he said. "If you watch film, I could probably [figure] it out a little bit after a while.

"But the change I suggested would definitely work. It'll keep them honest now. I think they were taking a little risk here and there and it just so happened it was being accurate."

This isn't the first time the Dolphins' snap count has been in question in the past two seasons. The Houston TexansJ.J. Watt last year discussed picking up the Dolphins' snap count from watching HBO's "Hard Knocks." Earlier this season, left guard Nate Garner said he thought the Tampa Bay Buccaneers knew the calls. And many Dolphins fans claim they can guess the snap as well.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000304049/article/bryant-mckinnie-bills-knew-ryan-tannehills-cadence

Edited by devilsrule33

How is this an issue with an NFL team. I mentioned this months ago after a good friend was telling me he charted every play.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000304049/article/bryant-mckinnie-bills-knew-ryan-tannehills-cadence

Yeah, I don't get it either. Couldn't tell you whether it's too late to change it at this point. Who knows, McKinney just saying they should change the snap count might be enough to keep other teams honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh boy, if Daniel ever saw that feet-first slide from Tannehill his TV wouldn't have survived it.

I saw a tweet from one of the Phins beat writers about it, but it sounds even worse.

It sure looks like another one of Tannehill's problems is that he absolutely does not care.

One more year of this clown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was bad...I think even MadDog put his foot through a TV on that one.  He could have had the first down with a headfirst dive and not even get hit but instead he started the feet-first slide and was short of the first down.  If it was first or second down I could understand it but it was third down!

That would have been a huge momentum shift too, to get a first down on 3rd and 25 or whatever it was.

The whole game came down to that Tannehill run. You gotta go head first for that 1st down. The game was 14-7 and still within reach. They could've been in Jets territory putting together a nice drive. The momentum after that play changed on the dot. Changed the entire game.

Yep that run was bad, gotta know where the first down marker is. The moment that made we want to put my foot through the TV though was the Geno TD where Wheeler go run over like the bitch he is. Wheeler couldn't tackle my mom. In any event, I want Philbin and Ireland canned, the last two games were a disaster. The coaching staff didn't have this team ready to play with the playoffs on the line- fireable offense when all you have to do is beat the Bills OR the Jets to get in. I don't think either Philbin or Ireland will be canned, but it does sound like Sherman is gone, which is good news at least. Tannehill had a bad game yesterday as did everyone else, although he was playing with a sleeve on his leg from what I heard. Last time he played with a sleeve last year, we endured the 34-7 Tennessee game. It obviously affects him. Still- no excuse for a bad performance. It will leave a bad taste in people's mouths (especially Tannehill haters like Daniel), but Tannehill had a good year overall. He's a good QB. He will get better. I'm worried about a lot of things with this team- the QB aint one of 'em (for once). Anyway, typical Fins. I expected them to piss it away. Its what they do. Now I get to turn my full attention to the Devils. Yaaaaay. :P

Sources are telling the AP that we should find out what happens to the Dolphin coaching staff today.  Expectations are that Mike Sherman and Jeff Ireland are in danger of losing their jobs, with Philbin tentatively expected to return for season #3.

My only thought is that I want Norv Turner at least interviewed as the new OC.  He's basically been shown the door in Cleveland, and I hope that will be our gain.  I want to see what he can do with the offense we have.

Sources are telling the AP that we should find out what happens to the Dolphin coaching staff today.  Expectations are that Mike Sherman and Jeff Ireland are in danger of losing their jobs, with Philbin tentatively expected to return for season #3.

My only thought is that I want Norv Turner at least interviewed as the new OC.  He's basically been shown the door in Cleveland, and I hope that will be our gain.  I want to see what he can do with the offense we have.

Sherman's being made the scape goat.  He's been shaky at times no doubt.  But still he had a crap offensive line to work with, and a QB that could not connect on a deep pass to an open Wallace to save his life (if Tannehill throws even 30 percent of those with sufficient accuracy this might be a playoff team). 

Unfortunately, I don't know what the answer is, other than to hit rock bottom and re-build yet again. 

Sherman's being made the scape goat.  He's been shaky at times no doubt.  But still he had a crap offensive line to work with, and a QB that could not connect on a deep pass to an open Wallace to save his life (if Tannehill throws even 30 percent of those with sufficient accuracy this might be a playoff team). 

Unfortunately, I don't know what the answer is, other than to hit rock bottom and re-build yet again. 

Maybe, maybe not. They brought in Tannehill's guys to help him along. Forget how many years he played QB in college, when you bring your coaches and offense to the NFL, you should be further along than Ryan is. Not saying he isn't going to be good or great, but this staff has not got him to where he should be with this clear advantage he had over other young QBs coming into the league.