52 replies to this topic

#21 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,351 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

They should fire him after the game. Their season is toast anyway. That truly is amazing...a 4th-and-29, and the play was a dump where you hope for the best. Just terrible on the part of the Chargers.

. I see a 'forced resignation' press conference coming. I know how Charger fans feel. Norv is to them what Wannschmuck was to us. We blamed Wannschmuck when it rained lol. Never have I wanted a coach of one of my teams fired so badly as I did Wannschmuck, and that's the stage I'd imagine Charger fans are at now.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#22 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

My pics I simply make to piss you guys off should NOT be taken as gospel :P

God help me I DO need to really really pick the Jets next week for my dinner bet about the Cardinals....this is gonna be a disaster......

PS, only Manta could brag about that win....he should be giving Norv Oral Treats for that unthinkable GIFT......

In fairness, though Manta has a way of blowing up the Ravens, he's not doing it this week...all he said was "9-2 it is, bring on the Steelers." Who wouldn't take a fugly win?

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 25 November 2012 - 08:37 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#23 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

. I see a 'forced resignation' press conference coming. I know how Charger fans feel. Norv is to them what Wannschmuck was to us. We blamed Wannschmuck when it rained lol. Never have I wanted a coach of one of my teams fired so badly as I did Wannschmuck, and that's the stage I'd imagine Charger fans are at now.

That conference should come tomorrow as far as I'm concerned. I don't see what the point of keeping him around is at this point. Still stunned at how long he's been there.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 25 November 2012 - 08:39 PM.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#24 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,351 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

That conference should come tomorrow as far as I'm concerned. I don't see what the point of keeping him around is at this point. Still stunned at how long he's been there.

. I think it does come tomorrow. I don't see how they can keep him there another day.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#25 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

In fairness, though Manta has a way of blowing up the Ravens, he's not doing it this week...all he said was "9-2 it is, bring on the Steelers." Who wouldn't take a fugly win?

and.....I.....QUOTE:

"UNBEATABLE 9-2"

this team is VERY beatable.....like I said....delusional.....there are weeks you take the win and get the FRAK outta town quietly....this is the definition of this :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#26 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

9-2 it is. Bring on the Steelers!!!

There's his quote. Where did he say UNBEATABLE?

#30 FOREVER!

#27 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

There's his quote. Where did he say UNBEATABLE?

his delusional text to me after that gift from the football Gods.....
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#28 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

his delusional text to me after that gift from the football Gods.....

LOL, gotcha.

#30 FOREVER!

#29 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

You clearly have no sense of humor Crasher. That was meant as a joke.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#30 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

:rofl:

Seriously though I actually thought the Ravens would have fallen off the map by now with the struggles of their offense and defensive injuries. They've done a good job to keep the train rolling. Another win next week probably sews up the division for them.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 25 November 2012 - 11:15 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#31 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

The Ravens' schedule gets tough...I can't see them not beating Pittsburgh and Charlie Batch (Ravens will almost certainly be 10-2), but after that, gets tough in a hurry: @ the 'Skins, the Broncos, the Giants, and @ the Bengals. The good news for them is, if they can win the remaining AFC games on their sched, they can probably lose the NFC games without consequence...they already hold the tiebreaker over the Patriots, and would then hold one over the Broncos they probably wouldn't even need. They have a great shot to nab the #2 seed. Pats really need to win out to have a legit shot at the #2...with both Houston and SF on their sched, that's going to be hard.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 25 November 2012 - 11:26 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#32 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

:rofl:

Seriously though I actually thought the Ravens would have fallen off the map by now with the struggles of their offense and defensive injuries. They've done a good job to keep the train rolling. Another win next week probably sews up the division for them.

I was on the same page. But we are finding ways to win winnable games. I can't understand our offense at all. On paper I LOVE our roster, but on game days On the road we look out of sync. It is still our D that keeps us in games.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#33 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

though Manta has a way of blowing up the Ravens, he's not doing it this week

When have I EVER "blown up" the Ravens??? I have always been pretty upfront about our weakness's and what I see is underdelivery about their performance.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#34 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

When have I EVER "blown up" the Ravens??? I have always been pretty upfront about our weakness's and what I see is underdelivery about their performance.

I remember a while back, you were making a big deal out of a Ravens receiving corp that was largely forgettable...I remember some other posts where you were blowing them up...implying that beating the Steelers without Big Ben was more impressive than it really was. The Ravens aren't a great team, but the funny thing is, I can see them beating anyone any given day...especially if they can hang on to the #2 seed.

#30 FOREVER!

#35 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

That was two years ago I think, when they had Boldin, Mason and Houshmandzedeh. And then one of those guys had a critical drop in a playoff game against the Steelers lol.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#36 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

I remember a while back, you were making a big deal out of a Ravens receiving corp that was largely forgettable...I remember some other posts where you were blowing them up...implying that beating the Steelers without Big Ben was more impressive than it really was. The Ravens aren't a great team, but the funny thing is, I can see them beating anyone any given day...especially if they can hang on to the #2 seed.

True, I did make a big deal out of our WR corp, because I truly believed we FINALLY had the support for Flacco. which did crash and burn after one season due to salary cap issues. (Cut Mason, McGhaee, Heap, Stallworth and TJ Housh).

RE: Big Ben - I NEVER would have implied this, as Big Ben ALWAYS finds a way to beat us and break my heart in closing seconds of each game. Beating the Steelers with Big Ben is our own little super bowl victory. You must have misquoted me as I have always considered Big Ben the biggest thorne in our side.

If you looked at my last post this was a HUGE victory for us, just because we are damaged goods on D. I also thanked Tomlin and Todd Haley for losing the game for the Steelers, moreso than anything else we did.

That was two years ago I think, when they had Boldin, Mason and Houshmandzedeh. And then one of those guys had a critical drop in a playoff game against the Steelers lol.

Exactly: TJ Houshmandzedeh DROPPED an easy forth down pass, which would have put us in position to kick a short game winning field goal with seconds to play.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#37 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

If you looked at my last post this was a HUGE victory for us, just because we are damaged goods on D. I also thanked Tomlin and Todd Haley for losing the game for the Steelers, moreso than anything else we did.

I'd say the win was huge because the Ravens pretty much now have their division sewn up, with the inside track on the #2 seed.

The team I think is truly scary are the Broncos...I know the Patriots beat them earlier, and Brady's 9-4 against Manning (though I'm not a big fan of the QB vs QB thing), but Manning put up nice numbers against the Patriots earlier (as most QBs do)...I can see him carving up the Patriots' D big time...and for all of the offensive fireworks the Patriots can show during the regular season, I have seen them get shut down and frustrated in the playoffs in recent years.

#30 FOREVER!

#38 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

I would have to favor the Pats vs Denver come the colder, snowy conditions that comes with the playoffs. Brady is a cold weather QB, Manning is going to have to overcome this in Denver. He no longer plays in January, climate controlled atmosphere.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#39 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

I would have to favor the Pats vs Denver come the colder, snowy conditions that comes with the playoffs. Brady is a cold weather QB, Manning is going to have to overcome this in Denver. He no longer plays in January, climate controlled atmosphere.

Ravens and Jets have both taken care of business in Gillette in recent seasons come playoff time. Ravens came damned close to doing it again last year. Hear what you're saying about Manning, but I don't think the weather is going to affect him that much.

#30 FOREVER!

#40 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

Ravens and Jests are East Coast outdoor teams.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users