GDT: Devils (yay!) @ Rangers (boo!) - 3/19/2012

NJCroMag

I thought Parise was pretty bad. Multiple bad turnovers when under little to no pressure.

I thought I had mentioned his turnovers in my post you responded to but see I did not. It must've been in an earlier post. I was speaking more about effort and scoring chances. I thought Zach had the effort last night and came close to scoring a few times but just couldn't connect. I guess there's been a lot of that from him this season. But that's why IMO he needs to be on a different line. Paired up with Kovy, he's not reaching his full potential. I don't think it's entirely his fault.

I thought I had mentioned his turnovers in my post you responded to but see I did not. It must've been in an earlier post. I was speaking more about effort and scoring chances. I thought Zach had the effort last night and came close to scoring a few times but just couldn't connect. I guess there's been a lot of that from him this season. But that's why IMO he needs to be on a different line. Paired up with Kovy, he's not reaching his full potential. I don't think it's entirely his fault.

They hinder each other, IMO, and it's only because Kovy is having a really good year and Parise is having a pretty good year that they put their numbers up. Both have good chemistry with the C, though. Just a weird line. Only time Parise and Kovy are on the same page is when they're poaching. Everyone on that line has that in common.

Henrique needs to be dropped from the top line ASAP. He is spent and bringing down kovy and zach. I'd swap him w jj.

I wouldn't mind swapping Henrique and JJ for at least a period or two to see if those lines click at all. JJ and Kovy work well on the PK together, and Zach can play with anyone. Henrique first impressed us all this season with his work on a line with Tedenby and Clarkson (the short-lived THC line), and Poni is a major upgrade over Teddy.

In theory, I like it.

Kovalchuk looked like the stereotype everyone had him pegged for prior to this season. He gave up on numerous backchecks but none led to goals due to Marty being brilliant. Skated with straight legs often and generally looked lazy and like a guy who’d given up on this game.

Very true but overall in terms of production we were getting some when the third line was Poni, Zubrus, and Bernier. I feel like while that line does do some good things, goals are harder to come by with that line.

Clarkson by himself does well, but his linemates def suffer. I'd put Clarkson on the fourth line and put the Poni, Bernier, Zubrus line back together. My lines:

Parise JJ Kovy

Sykora Henrique Elias

Bernier Zubrus Poni

Carter Zajac Clarkson

Clarkson by himself does well, but his linemates def suffer. I'd put Clarkson on the fourth line and put the Poni, Bernier, Zubrus line back together. My lines:

Parise JJ Kovy

Sykora Henrique Elias

Bernier Zubrus Poni

Carter Zajac Clarkson

Clarkson is a great boards guy, but to be a good cycle team like we try to be, you need two on one line. Him and Poni are very good together. I would make the lines

Parise JJ Kovy

Sykora Zubi Elias

Clarkson Henrique Poni

Carter Zajac Bernier / Boltone

Green - Fayne

Salv - Zid

A. Train - Teo

Tim to sit Adam for few games, he as NO confidence

Elias has never played right wing in his life and now you want to make that change a few weeks before the playoffs. People are delusional

If you were referring to my post, I just put the three names up there, the location of the names on the line were not intended to be positions.

And also, changing lines before the playoffs wont kill everyone, trust me

Edited by socbrian