Start the Gomez-to-NJ rumors

hoekster316

I have never seen anyone claim that it was Gomez who shot the puck at Julien. All stories about that had either Madden or Langenbrunner as the culprits.

skeeter: There won't be any playoffs to disappear in if the Devils don't improve at forward.

I remember seeing Madden/Gomez rumored at the time although it was more widely accepted that it was Madden. I thought it was proposterous (the Gomez part) cause he comes off more the passive-agressive type, I can't picture him being the one to shoot the puck at anyone - Madden I definitely could picture doing that.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Bottomline, He's much better player than everyone in the bottom 6 and he's proven. He's not a goal scorer and never was. He was at the peak of his success one of the top 5 setup men in the league. He has definitely hit rock bottom. I'll give you that, and he may have very well been a cocky punk but that's what happens when kids have success early and they are already a little cocky as it is. Look at Patrick Kane for crying out loud. I've never heard anything about Gomez being arrested. The way I see it is this guy IS coming back. There is absolutely no way Lou can pass up on him with his team looking the way it does at forward. Hell, if I'm buying. I go big, while he's a rock bottom, and lock him up cheap for 3 years, cause even if it doesn't work out you can bury him and cut your losses at no detriment to the team. Right now, both the team and the player need each other.

I would only consider him coming back for the hilarity. under deboer and with his old buddy elias, he would almost certainly produce a 10 goal season at the very least, and probably burn the habs and rags to spite them in GWGs. Guarantee he will be miles better as a Devil and drive the other fans absolutely crazy doing it.

I said it a few years ago, you are looking at a kid who didn't graduate high school (i think that's true, or maybe graduated) but bottom line he's not smart, he wanted to get paid and went to the lime light he can't hack. Coming back would definitely work in his favor but I don't want to risk it, we don't really need him.

I would only consider him coming back for the hilarity. under deboer and with his old buddy elias, he would almost certainly produce a 10 goal season at the very least, and probably burn the habs and rags to spite them in GWGs. Guarantee he will be miles better as a Devil and drive the other fans absolutely crazy doing it.

I said it a few years ago, you are looking at a kid who didn't graduate high school (i think that's true, or maybe graduated) but bottom line he's not smart, he wanted to get paid and went to the lime light he can't hack. Coming back would definitely work in his favor but I don't want to risk it, we don't really need him.

i feel the same way but damn would it ever be hilarious if he'd come here and produce like crazy. lol could make fun of the 2 fanbases i hate the most.

would actually like him back in NJ, he isn't a first or second line guy, but a great depth addition.

I think so too. I'm just not sure where we would put him. I mean he's natural center but we don't really need a center. And I'm not sure if I would want to put a guy that's been struggling at his natural position on the wing. I was thinking matteau-josefson-Gomez. Just a thought

Edited by njd3b1ink

I think so too. I'm just not sure where we would put him. I mean he's natural center but we don't really need a center. And I'm not sure if I would want to put a guy that's been struggling at his natural position on the wing. I was thinking matteau-josefson-Gomez. Just a thought

Guarantee if Gomez is here, he will be playing center.

We could definitely use another playmaking center. I imagine Josefson would get moved to the wing if Gomez is here. Josefson will get hurt eventually anyway.

Edited by ghdi

Guarantee if Gomez is here, he will be playing center.

We could definitely use another playmaking center. I imagine Josefson would get moved to the wing if Gomez is here. Josefson will get hurt eventually anyway.

I was thinking JJ could go to the wing but I think I wud rather have the most defensively responsible player at center so that's why I wud keep JJ at center

Kypreos

@RealKyper

As many as 6 including #devils #canes #isles "@SunGarrioch: Not sure how many teams are in on UFA S. Gomez but #sharks have tendered offer."

Sharks baby.

Gomez would be the 3rd line center replacing Handzus I suppose I can't imagine him on the wing. He's be great for the 2nd PP.

Good article about Gomez's play not being as bad as reported

http://www.fearthefin.com/2013/1/15/3879886/scott-gomez-accelerated-compliance-buyout-nhl-free-agency

I'm just curious what this 'bidding war' is going towards.

Surely he can't be being offered serious dollars

I imagine its more towards how he would be used than a money argument. I can't imagine he gets more than 1-2m at the absolute most and even that is too much.

I'd walk away if he was being offered more than one year, or more than $1.5 million.

It's entirely possible if he has picked the Devils that they can't announce it until Butler clears waivers tomorrow afternoon.

Couldn't they just send Larsson down on paper for now?

I just had a chuckle thinking about this..

But imagine taking this identical thread, with people wanting Gomez back, and showing it to forum users that fateful summer where he hopped over the river. Would be hilarious to see people's reactions knowing he'd be welcomed back only a handful of years later

I was thinking JJ could go to the wing but I think I wud rather have the most defensively responsible player at center so that's why I wud keep JJ at center

If Gomez is signed, I'd like to look like:

Zubrus-Zajac-Kovy

Elias-JJ-(Probably Clarkson but I think it'd benefit Bernier or Matteau more)

Henrique-Gomez-Matteau

Gionta-Carter-Bernier

All probably unrealistic, but those are probably the most balenced lines, and allow for a ton of bouncing around