If a trade is made (a d for a forward) which D would you trade and whi

caron14

So we have too much D and Larsson need to be on ice

Who you trade

Salvador (captain forget it)

Zidlicky (dont think)

Fayne (highly unlikely)

Volchenkov (he bring something different in the playoff)

Greene

tallinder

Larsson (dont think so)

Harrold (any trade value)

which forward of other team would you target?

My choice would be Stephen weiss. Florida is horrible this year and he became a UFA.... the price should not be that high.... and Pete Deboer already coach him...

Weiss Zajac kovalchuk sound good to me... Your though?

I'd like to lose Volch, because he just seems too slow out there (I haven't been high on him for awhile). I think it's more likely we trade Tally or Greene, which is too bad. Tally especially adds a lot. Agreed that we need a Poni type player. Assuming we can stay healthy, the top 6 will be good with Henrique back, but the bottom 6 is bad. CBGB are a good 4th line, but don't cut it as a 3rd, and JJ and scrubs just isn't working on any level. Wouldn't mind keeping Matteau, or adding Darche, but we need somebody better to give that line some punch.

I'll just say I'm having a hard time figuring on when to cut bait. Everything is on the edge and for me could go one way or the other. Is there about to be a break through or is this the last best effort push? and it'll just go on that way all season... servicable D.

I wouldn't trade Larsson, Sal is what he is.

For me right now, I can't pick one iffy Dman to get rid of ... I think we need all our iffy Dmen at this point. Till someone stands out as really suckville we need what we have depsite you all thinking it's too much. We need an over-full arsenal if we're stocing it with mediocre.

I think if we trade it's one of Green, Tallinder or Volchenkov. Fayne's too young to get traded, especially with his contract not being too bad. No sense trading Zid since we just got him to add some zing to the PP, Sal or Larsson ain't gonna go. It's probably Volchecnkov or Tallinder if I had to guess.

I think they should have gone with Tallider on the shoot out last night not Z. He (Tallinder) drives me nuts because as long as he's been on teh team he's on the cusp.. but of what dammit? and why has he never quite gotten there (injury aside)?

I like everyone... sucks to like everyone and see something...

Edited by Pepperkorn

I think they should have gone with Tallider on the shoot out last night not Z. He (Tallinder) drives me nuts because as long as he's been on teh team he's on the cusp.. but of what dammit? and why has he never quite gotten there (injury aside)?

I like everyone... sucks to like everyone and see something...

Personally, I wanted to see Matteau get a shot when they put Josefson in. I think he would've had the time to make the kind of move he wanted, maybe see some of his skill, give a chance to make an impact with one play. Thought he might be motivated since it would have been his last chance to make a difference in the NHL this year.

its true that our dmen won't get us a big time scorer and most likely a 3rd/4th line player if anything (which are also useful) but thats all we have coming our way from our farm.

So what i'd suggest which is possibly a low risk high rewards move. Trade some (yes i said some=more than 1) of our NHL dman or prospect for picks. the 2013 is really deep apparently, plus it's in NJ. I think that with Henrique back we could be a decent team but i think we should have a long-term look on this and not as much a win now mentality. Getting a a few mid 2nd round picks from this year could be as big as getting 1 late round from a normal year apparently. It's a long shot but those guys could help in the long run and develop into big time scorers.

Look at Gallagher in MTL, he was a 5th round pick in 2010 and he's on their roster for the year and he's already producing and was a big time scorer in his junior league. We need more guys like that. We're set for like 30 years already with good 3rd line players lol we need to shoot for the stars

I'm starting to realize that the Devils just might not have the assets to pull off the trade we're all hoping for. I know everyone wants that Hemsky-type who will fill in the hole that exists on the first line. It'll definitely be a 2nd/3rd line "tweener" at best, in my opinion, but this could make the lineup look really good by the time everyone is healthy. I don't think very many of the team's prospects are worth trading right now (players like Burlon don't have very much value, players like Gelinas are only going to increase in value over the next year). It's looking like it'll have to be one of the starting D plus pick(s) and maybe one of the prospects who doesn't have very much potential.

I think Greene has been very good for the team this year, but he will bring back the most, so he is probably the best person to trade. As for the type of player, I think Setoguchi would be a good target. Chris Stewart could be good, too, but I have a feeling he'll be tough to get in a trade.

What if the lineup were something like this:

Henrique-Zajac-Kovalchuk

Elias-Josefson-Clarkson

(Setoguchi/trade)-Zubrus-Butler

Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Look at Gallagher in MTL, he was a 5th round pick in 2010 and he's on their roster for the year and he's already producing and was a big time scorer in his junior league. We need more guys like that. We're set for like 30 years already with good 3rd line players lol we need to shoot for the stars

Every team's *Trying* to do that but not every team gets Jamie Benn in the 5th round just because they want to. With picks like Gavrus that's what they're trying to do, it just hasn't worked out for us for a while. And Boucher would be that guy for us who knows

Every team's *Trying* to do that but not every team gets Jamie Benn in the 5th round just because they want to. With picks like Gavrus that's what they're trying to do, it just hasn't worked out for us for a while. And Boucher would be that guy for us who knows

lol well obviously i know that. Id even consider Henrique a steal. But that's my point, we have too many dmen its pretty obvious so instead of just trading them for pieces we already have plenty of, might as well go for it with a little gambling. It simply cannot hurt to buff our farm a little.

but yeah im really high on Boucher i was as soon as he got drafted but i kept on reading bad stuff about it from people here, but if his game can translate he could be something, he's a pure pure scorer and we havent seen that in awhile in our system.

(LW/Parise)-Zajac-Kovalchuk

Elias-Henrique-Zubrus

(LW/Poni)-Josefson-Clarkson

Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Scratch: Darche

We are missing two left wings from last year. Darche should be a scratch unless we have a need for a goon against Rangers/Flyers or Bruins. Clarkson can fill in on other nights. Weiss is a name being thrown around, but he is a center. Butler is a RW, if he is called up, move Kovy or Zubrus to left?? Will Butler fit is the big ??? Strange how things go, a little while ago we had too many LWs.

Volchenkov (he bring something different in the playoff)

[...]

My choice would be Stephen weiss. Florida is horrible this year and he became a UFA.... the price should not be that high.... and Pete Deboer already coach him...

Something different = sucking.

As for Weiss, pretty sure he was part of the group in that room that didn't like PDB one bit.

Looking at the fact that whoever is traded will be replaced by Larsson, a puck moving defenseman without a lot of grit and toughness at this point in his career, I think it's a good bet that Greene or Tallinder is the one to be traded if anyone is going to go. I doubt that they would trade Fayne (he's a very good young d-man with a cheap contract), and Volchenkov won't draw a lot of suitors around the league, if any at all. Zids and Sal aren't going anywhere.

I personally think you won't see any of them traded this season, and Lou will make his usual trade for a role player at the deadline to bolster the 3rd line. I would take a shot at Zach Boychuk. Very little risk since his deal expires at the end of this season and its only for $625,000.00 pro rated. Worth a shot IMO.

I think Zidlicky would actually get us the best return. I think a Tallinder or Greene could be good pieces, but there'd have to be more to it if anything of merit is coming back.

If I could choose, I would try to force Volchenkov off on someone.

Edited by ghdi

I think Zidlicky would actually get us the best return. I think a Tallinder or Greene could be good pieces, but there'd have to be more to it if anything of merit is coming back.

If I could choose, I would try to force Volchenkov off on someone.

Zids has like 4 assists and is an asset to our powerplay. Volchenkov goes.

Like I've said before, Volch's forte was the shot block. Marty apparently isn't high on shot blocks so I never really knew why we got him.

I think Sal does a much better job of doing what Volchenkov does and that's shut down D.

Sal also has a decent shot for a shut down D Man. Volch's shot always seemed pretty weak.

None of our starting D is going to fetch anything other than a depth player which is not enough. To get anything one of them will have to be packaged with some of our prospects. I don't know if Lou is ready to mortgage anything at this point. Plus, the team as contructed is hanging tight in every game so there is no rush to make a move. However, if we want any playoff success again this year something will have to be done.

None of our starting D is going to fetch anything other than a depth player which is not enough. To get anything one of them will have to be packaged with some of our prospects. I don't know if Lou is ready to mortgage anything at this point. Plus, the team as contructed is hanging tight in every game so there is no rush to make a move. However, if we want any playoff success again this year something will have to be done.

I think we could get a third liner. If you're saying a third liner is only a depth player, I guess you're right, but I don't buy that a third liner isn't enough. When Henrique comes back, our top 6 will be very good. We have Josefson, who should be a fine anchor for the third line. If we keep Matteau (doubtful), he's already good enough to play some third line minutes. If a guy like Butler pans out, we need one more guy to fill the line out. I think the trade absolutely solves that problem. If the team stays healthy, they can come close to replacing Zach's production (Zajac full season, Henrique developing, Josefson full season, Zid improving the PP). We need to replace Poni's production on the third line.

Perreault is being healthy scratched in Washington. Relatively young, had 30 points in 64 games last year on a two year contract at one million dollar cap hit. He would be a nice player to have and I wouldnt be surprised if they make some moves early if they keep losing.