If a trade is made (a d for a forward) which D would you trade and whi

caron14

No offense to you but if you think our current lines are going to be the lines we roll with throughout the entire season you are delusional. A trade will be made it's just a matter of when. If not before trade deadline day then for sure I would expect Lou to be active then.

What if the Butler experiment doesn't work? Even if it does this team needs a top six forward.

I'm sorry I just think you are wrong in assuming no trade will be made for a forward. (especially in trading one of our many d-men)

I'm not assuming it won't be done. I am assuming it can't be right now. I do like your suggestion even of I dont watch the Jets. I'm just sick of coming here every day to read the same old thing. Why dont fans change up their thinking. They can't change the team so change their mindset.

Why not say what's wrong with what we have to better identify what we need? I'd like something NEW besides new bodies to acquire - swap out spare parts for spare parts, You know? It's so stale here. Your's was the only novel plausible suggestion.

The only other responses are "duh we have to make a trade" my how original, nice thinking outside of the box.

IF THERE HAS TO BE A TRADE MADE THEN THIS THREAD IS DONE! IT"S BEEN SAID!!! ENOUGH ALL FECKIN READY. It's so pukey boring and mindless otherwise. Your post aside. Sorry I ignored it until now - I did read and agree in principal.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Urbom, Merill, Gelinas, and Sverson are all defensemen that will be trying to get a spot within the next 1-2 years. We got way to much D to not trade a player for a forward.

yeah it seems to me that every prospect we have on D have bigger upsides that all our current NHL other than Larsson

yeah it seems to me that every prospect we have on D have bigger upsides that all our current NHL other than Larsson

I really liked a lot of what I saw from Urbom in the few games we've seen(in the NHL). He looked not lost and even had a pretty goal against the Caps, was it last year or the year before? Had the puck all alone in front, maybe a backhand-forehand move and had the whole net to shoot at after that. He's also a big guy if I recall, like 6'2''-6'3'', so that's always a positive. I think between Urbom and Gelinas, we could break someone in this year, though it's tough to put two youngin's into the D-corps at once without taking a decent risk. Definitely would like to see them get some games up here this year.

They could easily end up like the Cody Fransons and Luke Schenns of the world so I wouldn't exactly be clearing all the room I can to have 3 of them within the next two years

They could easily end up like the Cody Fransons and Luke Schenns of the world so I wouldn't exactly be clearing all the room I can to have 3 of them within the next two years

Oh well thats not what i meant either i just meant that there could something promising coming our way. We need production from the blue line thats the NHL, you dont get too far with 6 stay home dmen haha not that its what we have but were certainly not scary from the back end

The best trade the team can make is practicing the powerplay to the point it is at least in the top 10.

i mean what happened to the high shooting powerplay we heard about ? i don't see it at all

they wait to have a "perfect shooting occasion" to take a shot but the point is to get puck to the net for a deflection and to create a panic in the defensive zone and make them move

i mean what happened to the high shooting powerplay we heard about ? i don't see it at all

they wait to have a "perfect shooting occasion" to take a shot but the point is to get puck to the net for a deflection and to create a panic in the defensive zone and make them move

And they also aren't using kovy's one timer that much. Half the time on the powerplay they have zidlicky on the left side instead of Ilya. It's kind of strange.

And they also aren't using kovy's one timer that much. Half the time on the powerplay they have zidlicky on the left side instead of Ilya. It's kind of strange.

i know but i mean... the whole world knows they'd pass it to Kovy for a one timer... but on the other hand, it still worked pretty well in the past lol

i know but i mean... the whole world knows they'd pass it to Kovy for a one timer... but on the other hand, it still worked pretty well in the past lol

I think Kovy's one-timer is most dangerous when he moves to just above the hash marks or lower. He seems to catch defenders and goalie's a bit off guard when he gets down that low. I'd like to see more chaos out there on the PP rather than the bland game of hot potato we're oh so used to. Just shoot it and scramble if that's the plan, if not, move around more.

Teams expect it, but that one timer is so dangerous that you kind of have to use it. I've seen times this year where the defense leaves him wide open above the circle and they either don't get it to him or when they do he doesn't shoot it

Teams expect it, but that one timer is so dangerous that you kind of have to use it. I've seen times this year where the defense leaves him wide open above the circle and they either don't get it to him or when they do he doesn't shoot it

that the thing.... They know Ilya one timer but it still tough to watch him because if you overwatched him the defensive box is open and another guy will be wide open high slot... Use him more 2 thing will happen (he will score some and he will open some space)

Look a number 91 in the next game and youll see the same thing (we have know they want to feed him and they will)

Edited by caron14