Food around the Rock

Reverend_Hellh0und

• 1 month later...

Hey guys.. Went to lunch at this cool place down Halsey St. called 27 Mix.. It's not like any restaurant I've been to in Newark.. Feels more like you're in some nice little place in NYC.. They have a courtyard in the back which is great for sitting outside and enjoying lunch.. The food is also really awesome.. I got the steak fajitas and loved it.. Everyone else enjoyed their meals as well

Just thought I'd post this as I hadn't heard of it before, but I certainly hope we see more places like this in Newark

http://27mix.com/default.aspx

1-copy_edited.jpg

17.jpg

Hey guys.. Went to lunch at this cool place down Halsey St. called 27 Mix.. It's not like any restaurant I've been to in Newark.. Feels more like you're in some nice little place in NYC.. They have a courtyard in the back which is great for sitting outside and enjoying lunch.. The food is also really awesome.. I got the steak fajitas and loved it.. Everyone else enjoyed their meals as well

Just thought I'd post this as I hadn't heard of it before, but I certainly hope we see more places like this in Newark

Cool place just a bit of a hike from the rock to really be a destination for me and a lot of other fans. However, like you said I hope more places like these spring up in Newark but closer to the rock.

Cool place just a bit of a hike from the rock to really be a destination for me and a lot of other fans. However, like you said I hope more places like these spring up in Newark but closer to the rock.

Yeah definitely not the most convenient place to pregame, but it is a great restaurant to hit up this summer with the outdoor seating and quality beer/liquor selection

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just saw this from the comments section on TG's latest post on his blog:

Monday, July 11th at 11:30 a.m. Mayor Booker, Devils Arena Entertainment Chairman Jeff Vanderbeek, and Newark Downtown District Executive Director Anthony McMillan will cut the ribbon to open the new outdoor café at the Prudential Center’s Championship Plaza.

Anyone seen or know anything about this? I can imagine a few cheap tables with a food cart selling over-priced finger food.

Here's a link to pics from the event.. Seems like it will be a good way for local businesses to get more recognition from the numerous workers in the area.. I know my mom is always looking for a new place to try since she works in that area.. Seems like it's worth checking out

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150236129431687.322496.53184441686

Anyone seen or know anything about this? I can imagine a few cheap tables with a food cart selling over-priced finger food.

For someone who knows nothing about it and is acting on the smallest of first impressions, you seem so optimistic :P

Edited by Colin226

Name me a cool thing that is touched in the slightest bit by the devils that meet expectations? Do you really want to go into the devils alley pub?

You make a great point with that, because I'm with you on the pub thing.. But this is more of a "growing the Downtown Newark local business community" than a Devils project.. They're just using Championship Plaza because it looks nice, represents a team that is committed to the future of Newark, and helps local eateries get some exposure to the numerous people who work in that area and maybe don't get out much..

*And yes I do believe I had one or two run on sentences in that paragraph i apologize :giggle:

Edited by Colin226

You make a great point with that, because I'm with you on the pub thing.. But this is more of a "growing the Downtown Newark local business community" than a Devils project.. They're just using Championship Plaza because it looks nice, represents a team that is committed to the future of Newark, and helps local eateries get some exposure to the numerous people who work in that area and maybe don't get out much..

*And yes I do believe I had one or two run on sentences in that paragraph i apologize :giggle:

Well until I actually go to the outdoor cafe, I am still reserved in my preliminary judgement based on past experiences.

• 2 weeks later...