Argentiiiiiina !

moustic

They've just BREAK Serbia 6-0 (first set :P )

As I say before the Cup...

THEY WILL WIN :boogie::clap::boogie::clap::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Didn't se it but seems like they beat up on 1 of the weak sisters of the CUP..

I'm sticking w/ Brazil... they are just so damn talented!!!

Edited by redruM

Euh... I believe you're wrong with this Red'

They can finish first of this "group of Death"

Serbia just can't do anything against this squad...

Brazil maybe have better player, but they play with no heart... just like they already have won the cup...

"the best Brazilian team since '70 "

I so wanna see them elimate the soon as possible...

Euh... I believe you're wrong with this Red'

They can finish first of this "group of Death"

Serbia just can't do anything against this squad...

Brazil maybe have better player, but they play with no heart... just like they already have won the cup...

"the best Brazilian team since '70 "

I so wanna see them elimate the soon as possible...

I thought US group was group of death..

OK so only Death to the US...

looking foward to Netherlands and Ivory coast this afternoon!!

What are you talking about ? I don't care about French national team...

Since i'm 8... i'm a hardcore Argentine Fan (maaaaraaadonnnnaaaa maaaaraaadooonnnaaaaa)

in 1998 I was only happy of the french victory because is against Brazil :P

(and Zidane was a real incredible player)

And Red, US group was never a Group of Death... Never

There is only two good team in this group (czech & Italia)... a group of death is with 3 good teams :evil:

Since i'm 8... i'm a hardcore Argentine Fan (maaaaraaadonnnnaaaa maaaaraaadooonnnaaaaa)

There is only two good team in this group (czech & Italia)... a group of death is with 3 good teams :evil:

My kids have been watching the World Cup and France was shutout in their first game and a commentator said that France hadn't scored a goal in the WC since game 4 in 1998. :noclue:

I didn't say it's false... it's true

The last goal during a world cup for a french was the third goal during the 1998 final against Brazil (Emmanuel Petit)

France was ridiculous in 2002 (with the best scorer in italia, Trezeguet, the Best scorer in England, Henry, Zidane & co ! )

ZERO goal...

(but 2002 was a bad year for argentina too)

Oh Mous - you and your Argen ... they looked good today but Serbia set them up .. I want to see them play a tough team, something that the "lottery" didnt allow in this round :rolleyes:

They did play a tough team - in just about any other group Ivory Coast would be going to the second round but with having to play two of the top ten teams in the world - Argentina and Holland - they were condemned to two hard-luck losses. The Dutch (who are usually my second favorite team) were damn fortunate to win that game today, which was the game of the tournament so far. At least you could watch those three teams in any case since they all attack, most of these other teams have been playing for 1-0 wins and 0-0 ties which have been a total snorefest - yes England this means you, among others :P

I was never sure about the US group being a group of death because there were questions about Italy and how they'd respond to the betting scandals, the Czechs were good but banged up and could have been this year's Portugal (circa '02). I wasn't sure that Ghana was as good as some of the other African teams, and I also wasn't sure how the US would respond to having expectations - in '98 they had expectations and fell flat, '02 they didn't and went to the final eight. Now they've regressed again with high expectations, go figure :rolleyes: They have to have a good showing against Italy otherwise you can flush the last four years, that bogus fifth place ranking, and all the gains they've made out the window especially after that gutless performance in the first game.

Edited by Hasan4978

Has - Geez 3 powder puffs in the group - Serbia - Ivory Coast and Holland -- get real about IC going to second round :rolleyes: I saw Serbia about 4 weeks ago in LA - not impressed ... and Holland hasnt been good since '78

Thats not taking away what they did today... :clap2:

No goal since 1998 is a stupid statement.

It just means FOUR games... lol

Argentina was impressive. Don't forget Serbia was one of the best teams during the qualifying round with the best attack in Europe... So this 6-0 win is far from an easy performance. Argentina was less impressive vs Ivory Coast, which was robbed by Netherlands yesterday. So many fouls in the box... :(

Has - Geez 3 powder puffs in the group - Serbia - Ivory Coast and Holland -- get real about IC going to second round :rolleyes: I saw Serbia about 4 weeks ago in LA - not impressed ... and Holland hasnt been good since '78

Thats not taking away what they did today... :clap2:

Well Holland did make the semis in '98 and lost only on penalties to Brazil :P Ivory Coast would at the very least make it out of half the groups (B, D, G, probably H and maybe A), a lot of these other teams have not really impressed me at all.

Germany's good but they wouldn't have a shot this year if the WC was anywhere else. England's been hurt by injuries but even at their best would probably be a dull team because historically that's what they are. Brazil wasn't that impressive in their one game but they'll pick it up. Italy's likely back in form but we'll see today I guess. The Czechs will be hurt by losing their big striker, though not in this round. Mexico's probably better than they showed yesterday but they were playing without their top scorer as well. Argentina's got as good a shot as anyone, especially with a probable layup in their first knockout game against Group D's second place.

Belizarus is right about Serbia's qualifying performance but sometimes that's misleading going into a World Cup since qualifying often finishes a year beforehand, and evidently they were missing their best defender as well. Ukraine was just as impressive in qualifying (beat Turkey, Greece and Denmark to win their group) and looked like they didn't belong against Spain.

Edited by Hasan4978

I thought US group was group of death..

OK so only Death to the US...

looking foward to Netherlands and Ivory coast this afternoon!!

I call it the alledged random group....me thinks the random word when picking teams in groups is sometimes an illusion.

I call it the alledged random group....me thinks the random word when picking teams in groups is sometimes an illusion.

Well it's never entirely random, teams get seeded and are picked at different points ostensibly to balance out the groups though it never works out that way. As one of the US players pointed out it's ironic that we always get a European power, a communist country and a darkhorse team in our group. It is funny how the US basically has the exact same group that they did in 1990, playing in the same order (only substituting Ghana for Austria this time)...that US team lost 5-1 to the Czechs, we lost 3-0 this year, guess we've come a long way in 16 years :rolleyes:

Moustic, I was going to say, I bet you are only cheering for Argentina because of the "Hand of God" goal that beat England, or, as a British friend of mine likes to say, "Hand of God, my *ss, it was the bloody hand of f*cking Maradona". But, then I though, no, it couldn't be, it's too sterotypical. And, yet, here you are, pretty much admitting it. I guess a thousand plus years of history just doesn't go away. I told my friend Nick (not the one who made the Maradona comment), who was the only one rooting for France in the pub in London in 1998 against Brazil that he was obviously losing touch with his roots when he was yelling, "Come on France, for EUROPE!!!"

Well it's never entirely random, teams get seeded and are picked at different points ostensibly to balance out the groups though it never works out that way. As one of the US players pointed out it's ironic that we always get a European power, a communist country and a darkhorse team in our group. It is funny how the US basically has the exact same group that they did in 1990, playing in the same order (only substituting Ghana for Austria this time)...that US team lost 5-1 to the Czechs, we lost 3-0 this year, guess we've come a long way in 16 years :rolleyes:

Ive always felt a decent system would be to rank the teams and take the 1-8 teams and put each team in one group and then make the rest random...so teams can be motivated to finish Top 8 and avoid having a stacked group which again Ill say is "random" :rolleyes:

I hate the anthems. Even for a NHL game.

I'm always going to the... hum, during that! :D

While I don't hate or love the anthem before a game as a concept, I am always interested to see if whoever they have can actually sing the US Anthem. It's not an easy song and not that many people sing it well. There have been so many disasters, even among people who were actually trying.

Argentina/Mexique

Portugal/Netherland

Argentina is favorite against maybe the weakest team in this round (with ecuador)

Nice game between Portugal & Netherland... two teams who show "nothing" but find a way to win without a lot of trouble

I say Argentina & Netherland in quarterfinal...

AAAAARGENTIIIIIIIINA :clap::boogie::dance: