DEVIL INSIDE

El Diablo

Well from reading his post I just figured the Whalers were the second easiest logo to draw for him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You would be correct... Don's story is much better told in Don Cherry's while i'm cursing at Parcells in the background :D

Not enough to retire on - but better $450 in my pocket then theirs.  Bumped it to $600 the next year and who knows this year - want in?

:boogie:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shame you didn't join the board a few weeks ago... we coulda searched you out when I was up there... you coulda scored some free Molsons too !! B )

Well from reading his post I just figured the Whalers were the second easiest logo to draw for him.

Exactly. :)

Obviously, that's a reason why you pick a team when you are 13. Sorta like I hoped for the Blue Jays and the Dolphins because sky blue is my favorite colour. The reasons I stayed a Devils fan were due to the other factors others have mentioned - heart, a belief in team over individuality, shown they can win against all odds (TWICE no less - 1995 vs Detroit, 2003 vs Ottawa).

Now I have no choice to stay a Devils fan purely out of financial reasons. I have $1,000 worth of Devils gear around the house and it would just be way too expensive to switch allegiences now. :P:D

Edited by Don

Now I have no choice to stay a Devils fan purely out of financial reasons. I have $1,000 worth of Devils gear around the house and it would just way too expensive to switch allegiences now. :P:D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL, me too. Two summers ago I convinced my parents to let me re-decorate my bedroom to a Devils theme, so after that I don't think it would go over well with my parents if my interest in the Devils waned even the slightest bit. :D

• 3 weeks later...

When I was like 5 years old in 1994/95, I somehow came into the possession of a Jeff Beukeboom hockey card. He was on the Rangers, so I showed it to my best friend, and asked him who his favorite hockey team was. He said the one with the N in their logo. I then became a Devils fan.

It was January of 1988 and I was 10 years old. My dad came home from work and said he was taking me to a Devils game. I never watched a hockey game in my life (we didn't have cable) and didn't know anything about the sport but I was excited to just be going to a game. They were playing the Leafs that night. We ended up sitting in 216, which was an incredibly lively section. We went back and forth with 217 doing a "tastes great!" "less filling" type chant as well as a "Last place Rangers!" chant, heckling two Rangers fans that were in the next section. (I guess the Rangers also made a run for the playoffs that year since they were neck-and-neck with us in the end). Anyway, Johnny Mac got a hat trick and the Devils won 7-3. I was hooked for life and remember the huge buzz the team got in the playoffs that year. Since I was still young and not driving, we went to a game or two a year for the next few seasons, but in 93-94 my dad got the six pack plan and I would also go with to games with a family friend who was a season ticket holder and I'd buy the half price $14 ticket and just move down with him in 223. I probably went to 30 games that year and the only playoff game I've missed since was for my senior prom in 1995. If I wasn't so damn lazy I could have submitted a ton of stories for that book....

The 1995 Cup run, when I was 5, my dad had been a fan since the team came from Colorado, and he got my interested by buying what was then called SportsChannel (and became FSNY). I was hooked from the first game I saw on TV, and I was a diehard by the time I went to my first game (vs. Buffalo in '96).

The 1st game I saw on TV was against the Islanders. All I remember was that Tommy Soderstrom fought Corey Schwab. But I've been a diehard since, and I get to 3 or 4 games each year and watch every game with my dad.

The 1st game I saw on TV was against the Islanders.  All I remember was that Tommy Soderstrom fought Corey Schwab.  But I've been a diehard since, and I get to 3 or 4 games each year and watch every game with my dad.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was at that game :) Schwabby beat the crap out of Soderstrom. If I remember correctly, Kasparitis got his hand skated on during that fight and cut pretty severely.

• 3 weeks later...
I was at that game :) Schwabby beat the crap out of Soderstrom. If I remember correctly, Kasparitis got his hand skated on during that fight and cut pretty severely.

It was some dude with the number 3... I keep wanting to call him pylon :P... I can't remember it... but I remember what happened... Guerin PLOWED him behind the boards... a fracas ensued... in that fracas said number 3 was on the ice and got his hand skated on (ouch)... and then Soderstrum sees this and gets in there to get him OUT... Corey sees this and from 200 feet away is doing the Slapshot strip routine so he has all his stuff off as he barrells down the ice and opens a king-size can o'whip-ass on poor Soderstrum who NEVER saw it coming

the true tradegy in this game was the fact that Schwabby was pitching a shutout at the time too :P

It was some dude with the number 3... I keep wanting to call him pylon :P... I can't remember it... but I remember what happened... Guerin PLOWED him behind the boards... a fracas ensued... in that fracas said number 3 was on the ice and got his hand skated on (ouch)... and then Soderstrum sees this and gets in there to get him OUT... Corey sees this and from 200 feet away is doing the Slapshot strip routine so he has all his stuff off as he barrells down the ice and opens a king-size can o'whip-ass on poor Soderstrum who NEVER saw it coming

the true tradegy in this game was the fact that Schwabby was pitching a shutout at the time too :P

If I remember correctly .. that was a Saturday afternoon game... and he (Corey) got traded that Mon .. :o

LOU.

He never mixes words and isn't a tool like Clarke.

His no one is bigger than the team attitude.

I was born in NJ lived there for 14yrs. Moved to Pa and have had to follow the Devs thru the eyes of Philthy papers. Until I got the internet in 99 and then centre ice in 01.

It would be great it we could get the video of that. I remember seeing it, but i cant find it anywhere online.

LOU.

He never mixes words and isn't a tool like Clarke.

His no one is bigger than the team attitude.

I was born in NJ lived there for 14yrs. Moved to Pa and have had to follow the Devs thru the eyes of Philthy papers. Until I got the internet in 99 and then centre ice in 01.

Totally unimportant but it's never minces words...

Totally unimportant but it's never minces words...

mix mince :blahblah:

you're not my 9th grade english teacher Mr Corbit are you?

:D

PK: Yeah, you're right.

El D: You mean you like the sign or you just realized I'm an admin? :evil:

That figging ADMIN sign is huge needs to blink.

If I remember correctly .. that was a Saturday afternoon game... and he (Corey) got traded that Mon .. :o

Nope cause Schwabbie was at the Tip a Devil Dinner that month, and I asked him what he was thinking and he got kinda pissed at me :lol: