Winter Classic

NJDEVS1730

Hey, cool. How was the view? Didja get to take any pics?

Awesome! Thanks for posting those.

Looks like you had pretty decent seats. Still... these pics kinda support my intuition that it'd be difficult to actually see the game.

It's funny...as cool as that event looks, everyone seems so damned far away...but if the Devils were ever given a chance to participare in a WC (fat chance), I'd want to go...but I think once would do it for me.

Nice pics! I watched the game on TV, made some appetizers for the kids and made an afternoon out of it. One of my daughters asked me why hockey wasn't more popular after watching the game LOL.

But I was mostly hoping that the Flyers would lose rather than the Rags would win. I thought the penalty shot at the end was a good call too; defenseman aren't allowed to fall down in the crease and grab the puck in their hands or it's a penalty shot. Not sure if Torts saw the replay on that one before he made his comments, but that's exactly what McDonagh did. The call right before that on Callahan was just a classic ridiculously bad call though. I wouldn't mind going to one of these games in the future, maybe when they eventually do one at Yankee Stadium.

No problem guys, I have some more that I can post later but I'm on my iPad right now.

The view was actually a lot better than it looks like in the picture, couldn't really see the players faces or anything, had to look at the jumbotron to see some plays. But you could see most of the action from the seats.

I payed $550 for 2 tickets.

Unless there is another WC in the NJ/NY area, this is probably a one time thing for me as well. Nothing more they could do to make me want to go again, it's a good experience, but not something to get overworked about not going to.

Also if anyone didn't know, there was a seat cushion giveaway. There was a WC seat cushion on all of the seats with the WC logo on it, pretty cool. There was a Bridgestone coupon and a pack of hockey cards in there.

Edited by NJDEVS1730

So apparently a bunch of Flyers fans ganged up on a Rangers fan outside Geno's Steaks and beat the living hell out of him. Turns out he's a cop and veteran of the war in Iraq. It's all over teh yootoobs.

Keep it classy, Philly.

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2012/1/4/2682057/philadelphia-flyers-fan-fight-rangers-winter-classic-genos-steaks

vid of it...pretty nasty

So apparently a bunch of Flyers fans ganged up on a Rangers fan outside Geno's Steaks and beat the living hell out of him. Turns out he's a cop and veteran of the war in Iraq. It's all over teh yootoobs.

Keep it classy, Philly.

Jesus...that is downright awful.

[slight pause]

I mean, why would anybody eat at Geno's when Pat's is so much better?

Jesus...that is downright awful.

[slight pause]

I mean, why would anybody eat at Geno's when Pat's is so much better?

Seriously the best cheesteak ever was at Jefferson Hospital's Cafeteria when my Grandfather was in the hospital. I am not joking.

Otherwise I much prefer Jim's. Pat's I could do without their soup-nazi ordering process. Plus I find the "Speak English" thing ironic when they want you to order in their own made up language.

I was at the Penn State game on that ice last night. Going into it, I was totally expecting not to be able to see a thing, but that wasn't the case at all.

Pat's I could do without their soup-nazi ordering process. Plus I find the "Speak English" thing ironic when they want you to order in their own made up language.

I thought Geno's was the place that got in trouble for the "speak english" thing (?). But, yes, Pat's wants you to order correctly with their whiz and their wits and what-nots.

I was at the Penn State game on that ice last night. Going into it, I was totally expecting not to be able to see a thing, but that wasn't the case at all.

I'm glad to hear this. I'm going to the Hershey-Adirondack game tomorrow at Citizens Bank Park, and I was curious about how much I'd actually be able to see from our seats.

I thought Geno's was the place that got in trouble for the "speak english" thing (?). But, yes, Pat's wants you to order correctly with their whiz and their wits and what-nots.

It could be both, it stems from the fact that a significat spanish speaking population has moved into the "italian market" area. I have been in the area with some frequency as I have family several blocks away, but honesly I also have not been at either establishment in a couple years.

I'm glad to hear this. I'm going to the Hershey-Adirondack game tomorrow at Citizens Bank Park, and I was curious about how much I'd actually be able to see from our seats.

Basically only the middle tier (club level I guess) was open for this. The view was fine, even if you were closer to home plate. I defintely think though that if you were way downstairs you could have a harder time seeing. There did have tv-sceens stratigically placed on the field to make up for this though.