Schnieder and Greene Get USA Olympic Snubbed

msweet

Green was top dman in terms of pts and all in 2010 yet he didnt crack the lineup and proved why in the playoffs later that year. Nothing wrong with wanting great 2 way players on your team. PK is not, not yet anyway. Might be a distraction for players too and i heard thats something Yzerman was worried about.

I'm not even talking about points, although he is top 5 among d in scoring. He is a much better all around defenseman than mike green can ever hope to be.

Subban is a much better defenseman than Mike Green.  He's a better defenseman than probably anyone who makes Team Canada.

of course he's better than Mike Green, he can certainly put up numbers and has a canon and can carry the puck and hit. But i dont agree with the 2nd part. Why was Therrien refusing to put him late in game to protect a leads this year ? It's to the point that many of my Habs fans buddies are saying themselves that he's making wayyyyyyyy too many costly mistakes defensively. 

Edited by SterioDesign

of course he's better than Mike Green. But i dont agree with the 2nd part. Why was Therrien refusing to put him late in game to protect a leads this year ? It's to the point that many of my Habs fans buddies are saying themselves that he's making wayyyyyyyy too many costly mistakes defensively. 

So you have guys you can trust in that situation. You might be overthinking it with him. Subban doesn't need to be the guy put on the ice late in a game to shutdown an opponent.

But if Canada is down late in the game, he's exactly the player you want to push the pace and make something happen. There is no one close to him out there in that regard. 

of course he's better than Mike Green, he can certainly put up numbers and has a canon and can carry the puck and hit. But i dont agree with the 2nd part. Why was Therrien refusing to put him late in game to protect a leads this year ? It's to the point that many of my Habs fans buddies are saying themselves that he's making wayyyyyyyy too many costly mistakes defensively. 

Because Therrien is an idiot.  He and Bergevin have turned a pretty good team into a mediocre one in one offseason.  Yeah, Subban will make the occasional mistake, but he will also have the occasional great play.  

Edited by Triumph

Coach on subbans defense.

"Big time," Therrien said when asked if Subban's defensive play is a reason why the Canadiens have been one of the NHL's best defensive teams of late, yielding two or fewer goals in 11 straight games. "I would say to you big time.

"He's still a threat offensively. He's still a threat on the power play. We give him different responsibilities defensively playing against good players around the League and he's shown a lot of leadership the way he's preparing himself and approaching the game. Definitely he's been really, really, really good."

Edited by CarterforPresident

Coach on subbans defense.

"Big time," Therrien said when asked if Subban's defensive play is a reason why the Canadiens have been one of the NHL's best defensive teams of late, yielding two or fewer goals in 11 straight games. "I would say to you big time.

"He's still a threat offensively. He's still a threat on the power play. We give him different responsibilities defensively playing against good players around the League and he's shown a lot of leadership the way he's preparing himself and approaching the game. Definitely he's been really, really, really good."

well he definitely changed his tone since the beginning of the season. But therrien is borderline bipolar too lol when things go well its all good but he'll throw his players under the bus when its bad.

well he definitely changed his tone since the beginning of the season. But therrien is borderline bipolar too lol when things go well its all good but he'll throw his players under the bus when its bad.

Which is why no one with a brain should judge a player based on Therrien, positively or negatively.

I just read the entire Burnside article, and I'm angry.

I seriously don't understand how someone like Burke is given the honor to take part in this selection process. It's clear how much of an overpowering personality he had in the talks, and honestly, if he's not at the table, I sincerely believe we're looking at a team with Ryan and Yandle. What pissed me off most was him criticizing Poile for giving the coaches (mainly Bylsma) too much of a voice. I'm sorry but I trust Bylsma's opinion more than these clowns like Burke and Holmgren.

You can tell just based on what they said that they hold Schneider in high regard. I think they all liked either Bishop and Schneider over Howard, and maybe even the injured Quick, but their gut said no; god knows why.

I think this was the most telling quote, Lombardi talking about Yandle: '"If this kid was playing in New York, would we be embarrassed not to take him?" Lombardi asks rhetorically, a query he will repeat several times during the meeting.'

^^^I think we now know why Stepan and Callahan were considered "locks"....

I honestly would've preferred a GM brain trust that was limited to Lou Lamoriello, Dean Lombardi, Ray Shero, and Dale Tallon. I don't know how some of these other clowns could be involved in such a big decision for American hockey. Cut guys like Holmgren, Burke, Waddell, and Poile, etc. out of the equation.

Edited by DJ Eco

Yeah, four years ago we had great Devils representation -- Langenbrunner as captain and Parise as an alternate. Today, nothing.

Still rooting for Team USA of course. Just bummed that there are no Devils.

I know, I know, the Stanley Cup is the ultimate goal and this way most of our guys will get a much-needed rest. But say what you will, I still get a little excited when our guys make All-Star teams, Olympic teams and whatnot.

Edited by 95Crash

Four years ago I was so energized and electrified watching Team USA hockey. I have no excitement whatsoever about this team.

hey I agree but believe me if they somehow click and make a run I'll be glued to my screen to watch and you'll get a bunch of stories about the "underdog/workhorse" team.

On a side note I liked Stan Fischer's take the other night on okposo and Greene not making the team. Basically called the management dumb and the Martin and orpik inclusions nepotism.

hey I agree but believe me if they somehow click and make a run I'll be glued to my screen to watch and you'll get a bunch of stories about the "underdog/workhorse" team.

On a side note I liked Stan Fischer's take the other night on okposo and Greene not making the team. Basically called the management dumb and the Martin and orpik inclusions nepotism.

Loved Stan for that brief moment

He basically said it was BS that Paul Martin made it over Greene, and that is was some blatant home cookin.

They even put their stats side by side on the screen to drive it home even more!