We signed Krys Barch for 2 years

grcenter47

I want to think that its wrong info, but TG has reported it and Id imagine the Devils saying something if it was not true.

it's probably true...i just don't know why you're telling me...clearly my post was a joke - i guess not a good one.

I don't want this racist a$hole on our team.

I never did buy into that being a racial slur. The dude was fighting and fell down and he mockingly laid into him with a "what'd ya do, slip on a banana peel" He was making fun of the guys fighting prowess, not busting on him for anything else.

it is amusing that he and Cam are on the same team now, Wonder how morning skates are gonna go! fight.gifrofl.gif

I don't want this racist a$$hole on our team. Why did we sign this idiot?

his comments we're not racist at all, he just asked Subban if he slipped on a banana peel (cause Subban is always diving and the dove right before that) so it was blown out of proportion to call it racist and even report it...

that being said i also want to know why we signed him...

did Lou said anything about it yet? i'd guess he'd come up with the... we need size and i like what he brings to the table in term of energy bla bla bla bla... but WHY do we sign 2 of those clowns... then buy one out... Re-sign the other and sign a BRAND NEW ONE just like them... it doesnt make sense at all

but WHY do we sign 2 of those clowns... then buy one out... Re-sign the other and sign a BRAND NEW ONE just like them... it doesnt make sense at all

Because Boulton sucks. It's also not out of the question that Boulton asked for this so he could go somewhere else he could play more. He was picked up and signed by the Isles very quickly. We don't know the reasons and can only speculate. We re-signed Cam to a two-way deal. I'd be willing to bet he's sent down to Albany at some point.

We've carried two "goons" on this squad in the past. Its also not a bad thing to have a guy like Barch (who is a better hockey player than both Boulton and Cam) that can do the dirty work/scrap so Clarkson doesnt have to. Clarky's become a much more important player on this team in DeBoer's system and we can't have him doing stupid stuff in division games, which are always tough contests. The Rags, Isles, and Flyers all have an element of nasty on their team when it concerns goonery. I'd much rather have Barch in that role than Boulton or let it fall on Clarkson who is too skilled to be doing that stuff. Barch can actually skate.

It didn't break the bank, it doesnt kill our cap, and neither of them will play in the playoffs. Its a necessary evil in the Atlantic Division regular season.

• Like 1

http://devils.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

He's on the roster now. Guess its finally official.

No word on terms though.

One thing of note is the link to his Twitter is on his player page. And apparently Salvador's got a Twitter now too, but its not confirmed afaik and not linked on his page.

Capgeek has it up now.

1 way deal, 750k per year.

Or put another way, 0.3% more than any warm body would have to earn, minimum.

Yeah, I'm not getting the huge back lash. Not the best signing in the world but it's just a touch about minimum salary and, as ghdi mentioned, you need these guys at some point over the course of a season in the Atlantic division.