2013-2014 Attendance

Mike Brown

OK so here is the final report.  The Devils averaged 90.4% capacity this year at Prudential Center.  This is the first season since the building opened we averaged over 90%, not counting last year when we sold out 18 of 24 games in a shortened season.  Great year attendance wise for the Devils.

Seating Capacity: 16,592

Average Attendance: 15,012

Edited by Mike Brown

That's pretty great attendance for what I would classify as a pretty.. Well, boring team to watch.

What does that # look like not including the outdoor game Mike?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That is the number without the outdoor game.

Just for the record, both of these sites are wrong.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=nhl/teams/131/attendance.aspx?team=131

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

The SportsNetwork site for some reason didn't include the game against Phoenix.

ESPN's site is completely fubar.  I have no idea what they did.

Edited by Mike Brown

Including the Outdoor game, our average attendance was 15,868.

Not including the Outdoor game, our average attendance was 15,012.

Good stuff MB thanks for the stats all season.

Thanks.

I was intrigued by this year because of new ownership mostly.  That's mostly why I decided to keep track of it this year.  Considering we were coming off a year where we missed the playoffs, and we'll have to do the same thing next season as well.

Edited by Mike Brown
  • Like 1

Nebs why do you have to be all superior to everyone else? No crap you can find attendance statistics but its never a bad thing to go to this site and see someone's work.

And btw, espn is not a good source for attendance. They still probably think our capacity is 17625

Including the Outdoor game, our average attendance was 15,868

..and that's the number I'm going by.

I'm confident we'd have averaged at least 600 more, had we not been decimated by the worst winter New Jersey's seen in 18 years.

an average of nearly 16k in an arena that holds 16,592 :clap:

I hate to burst your guys' bubble but anyone can get attendance statistics from a multitude of websites. Here are the ones that I believe most people on the board use:

http://www.hockeyattendance.com/league/nhl/2013/?sort=avg_att

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

ESPN is wrong.

Nebs why do you have to be all superior to everyone else? No crap you can find attendance statistics but its never a bad thing to go to this site and see someone's work.

And btw, espn is not a good source for attendance. They still probably think our capacity is 17625

That is true.  ESPN still uses the 17,625 seating capacity for us.  Also their number for us is off by a couple hundred.  I have no idea where they got that number from.  HockeyAttendance.com also uses the 17,625 seating capacity as well.

Edited by Mike Brown

..and that's the number I'm going by.

I'm confident we'd have averaged at least 600 more, had we not been decimated by the worst winter New Jersey's seen in 18 years.

an average of nearly 16k in an arena that holds 16,592 :clap:

Yea it was an awful winter for sure.  I also think the 2010-2011 season was affected by the bad winter as well.

Why would you personally attack me? You all seemed amazed at the listed attendance and so I posted links that offered the information to all. I didn't say ESPN was right but that's not the only site I listed and there are a dozen more. I did nothing wrong. Did I say, "How dare you post about this!"??? No. I simply made a point that you can go around the web in a second and pull up the info MB has presented. The first site I listed has in-depth statistics on attendance too.

Holy hell you should be a lawyer, you spin everything in your direction. Not even worth replying back to you anymore unless its strictly hockey related.

Last thing I'll say about this is go read over your posts, maybe you will notice why I and I know for a fact others feel the same way. You put down many users, ideas, or threads and then get defensive when called out upon it. It's annoying and hypocritical. That's the last I will say on that.

Edited by Zubie#8
  • Like 5

Holy hell you should be a lawyer, you spin everything in your direction. Not even worth replying back to you anymore unless its strictly hockey related.

Last thing I'll say about this is go read over your posts, maybe you will notice why I and I know for a fact others feel the same way.

Listen, whatever. Don't use the links if you don't want - the point I made was made, you could have just ignored it if you didn't like what I had to say.

Last thing I'll say about this is go read over your posts, maybe you will notice why I and I know for a fact others feel the same way. You put down many users, ideas, or threads and then get defensive when called out upon it. It's annoying and hypocritical. That's the last I will say on that.

Thank you, Thank you. I am glad somebody else besides me had the guts to finally call this member out for what he really is. He's doing it again today in the Ryan Malone thread.

Edited by TheRedStorm
  • Like 4

Thank you, Thank you. I am glad somebody else besides me had the guts to finally call this member out for what he really is. He's doing it again today in the Ryan Malone thread.

I think Zubie had a misjudgment with the way he responded to me and honestly I was taken aback by it. Nonetheless, he's a good poster and that's why I led the charge for him getting a board award a few years ago. In your case you need to stop stalking my NJDevs profile and stop attacking me. I haven't said anything to you in weeks. It seems like most members on this board have a problem with you and you start fights with everyone. Ever since you signed up for this site a few months ago you have come in with an attitude and you operate with the goal of attacking the veteran members of the board. And then whenever someone calls you out you go on some sort of obsessive rant about post count and caste systems. You're the only one that even thinks about that stuff. You need to stop and start making quality posts which it seems you are indeed capable of.  

Also, I don't know who gave a +1 to your last post but I am really sad that someone would bump a post that only serves to attack me. I'd love for that member to let me know why he thinks I'm such a problem.

Edited by Neb00rs

I think Zubie had a misjudgment with the way he responded to me and honestly I was taken aback by it. Nonetheless, he's a good poster and that's why I led the charge for him getting a board award a few years ago. In your case you need to stop stalking my NJDevs profile and stop attacking me. I haven't said anything to you in weeks. It seems like most members on this board have a problem with you and you start fights with everyone. Ever since you signed up for this site a few months ago you have come in with an attitude and you operate with the goal of attacking the veteran members of the board. And then whenever someone calls you out you got on some sort of obsessive rant about post-count and caste systems. You're the only one that even thinks about that stuff. You need to stop and start making quality posts which it seems you are indeed capable of.  

Zubie hit it right on the head. You get ultra-defensive when called out. Your whole post was finger pointing at it's finest. You post anywhere from 20-40 times a day on here (but i'm sure you'll point to length of membership relative to overall post count while ignoring your post-a-thons and input in every thread for the last couple of months while ignoring the number of posts daily....you've tried this already and failed), so it's not surprising you forget what you say.

But, you're the one who influenced my caste system comment (from the many times you bring up member join dates, length of membership, etc....just like this post). Also, if you don't like what is said use ignore or mind your own business. It's your own personal choice, just like it's mine, to post and reply to topics and other people. 

Speaking of, you love to refer to this board in a capacity where it comes off like you have a deep, personal involvement or investment to total strangers. What goes on effects you just a little bit too much, you know? Being as it is, please get off the high horse and stop playing board hall monitor and guidance counselor to others. Enough. 

Edited by TheRedStorm
  • Like 2

Zubie hit it right on the head. You get ultra-defensive when called out. Your whole post was finger pointing at it's finest. You post anywhere from 20-40 times a day on here (but i'm sure you'll point to length of membership relative to overall post count while ignoring your post-a-thons and input in every thread for the last couple of months while ignoring the number of posts daily....you've tried this already and failed), so it's not surprising you forget what you say.

But, you're the one who influenced my caste system comment (from the many times you bring up member join dates, length of membership, etc....just like this post). Also, if you don't like what i say, or anyone else says or says to others....use ignore or mind your own business. It's your personal choice, just like it's mine, to post and reply to topics and other people. 

Speaking of, you love to refer to this board in a capacity where it comes off like you have a deep, personal involvement like you know everyone here personally and you feel like you can get up on the high horse and play board hall monitor and guidance counselor to others. Enough.

Ugh. Trolls will be trolls.

Secondly, I do have a deep personal involvement with this board, and I do care about the members. I guess that's not something you can understand. This is the last post you're getting from me today.

:e-drama:

Anyway, there were stretches this year where attendance just looked awful and the place was dead, but I generally like the way we're going. There needs to be more people sitting in those seats within view of the camera. I know there's something specific going on there, some of you have mentioned it in the past, but it's just embarrassing sometimes during telecasts.

Edited by thecoffeecake

:e-drama:

Anyway, there were stretches this year where attendance just looked awful and the place was dead, but I generally like the way we're going. There needs to be more people sitting in those seats within view of the camera. I know there's something specific going on there, some of you have mentioned it in the past, but it's just embarrassing sometimes during telecasts.

I'm not sure if I was drunk and heard incorrectly or if this is the truth, BUT, I think my ticket rep said they're getting rid of the exclusivity to the Fire and Ice lounges to the center ice seats, a.k.a. no more free food or drinks or what have you.

She said they wanted to open those lounges up to everyone, similar to the goal bar. I would imagine this would lead to a drop in the prices for center ice??...

I think it's a great idea. I would imagine more people will buy center ice tickets now that they're cheaper (so, more people sitting there), and I can't imagine the average Devils fan spending as much time in the lounges as people do when the food was free. Like the goal bar, I think it'll be a nice destination during pregame and intermission. If they're in fact doing this, I think it's a great idea.

I'm not sure if I was drunk and heard incorrectly or if this is the truth, BUT, I think my ticket rep said they're getting rid of the exclusivity to the Fire and Ice lounges to the center ice seats, a.k.a. no more free food or drinks or what have you.

She said they wanted to open those lounges up to everyone, similar to the goal bar. I would imagine this would lead to a drop in the prices for center ice??...

I think it's a great idea. I would imagine more people will buy center ice tickets now that they're cheaper (so, more people sitting there), and I can't imagine the average Devils fan spending as much time in the lounges as people do when the food was free. Like the goal bar, I think it'll be a nice destination during pregame and intermission. If they're in fact doing this, I think it's a great idea.

Problem is those lounges can only hold so much and I can imagine every Tom, Dick and Harry will want to be in one of those lounges whether they got seats or not.  It's nice that now anyone can go in, but don't expect either of them to have any feeling of a "lounge" left in them when the masses arrive.

Problem is those lounges can only hold so much and I can imagine every Tom, Dick and Harry will want to be in one of those lounges whether they got seats or not. It's nice that now anyone can go in, but don't expect either of them to have any feeling of a "lounge" left in them when the masses arrive.

I have to agree with this. The problem with the clubs was the price of the tickets, not the concept itself. Now they are going to be filled with even more people pre-game than they can capacitate, and you are likely to have a bunch of people with tickets in other sections try to hang around and stand at the ledge behind the last row of seats to get a better view.

I have to agree with this. The problem with the clubs was the price of the tickets, not the concept itself. Now they are going to be filled with even more people pre-game than they can capacitate, and you are likely to have a bunch of people with tickets in other sections try to hang around and stand at the ledge behind the last row of seats to get a better view.

Curtains to block the view coming?