GDT: Stars. Devils. Thank you, Chico.

dmann422

Dallas Stars (3-2-1) @ New Jersey Devils (3-2-1)

7:00 PM ET

TV: MSG PLUS

Radio: WFAN

A big thankyou to the cuddly teddy bear that is Chico Resch.

Glenn-Chico-Resch.jpg

An 18 year broadcasting career is being celebrated tonight when Chico is honored with a pre-game ceremony. I don't know about most here but I find it hard to think of some of the great Devils moments over the past 2 decades without hearing Chico's voice.

chicoNJ.jpg

Some are fortunate enough to remember his playing days... 5 seasons on some pretty bad Devils teams and yet all reports are that he was a model citizen and always kept a positive attitude. It's hard to image someone who personifies the Devils more than this merry mustached maestro. I know many of you have some fond Chico stories, so lets hear them!

glenn-chico-resch-retirement.jpg

Oh yeah, there's also a game tonight. The Stars are coming in off a 6-3 drubbing of the Canucks. They're another high-powered offense with some quality young talent up front.

Jamie Benn-Tyler Seguin-Colton Sceviour

Erik Cole-Jason Spezza-Aleš Hemský

Antoine Roussel-Cody Eakin-Ryan Garbutt

Shawn Horcoff-Vern Fiddler-Patrick Eaves

Alexander Goligoski-Trevor Daley

Jordie Benn-Brenden Dillon

Kevin Connauton-Jamie Oleksiak

Kari Lehtonen

The Devils come in admittidely struggling. They had a breeze against weaker competition early but have hit a rut against nhl-quality teams as of late. Surprisingly, scoring goals has not been the problem, it's been shaky defense (especially on the PK) that has been our achilles heel. Lets hope Schneider's at the top of his game and Zdilicky is in the mood to not make brutal turnovers in his own zone.

461586833.jpg?w=594&h=349&crop=1

Tootoo is out with an injury and Havlat is questionable despite playing on Monday. That means Brunner, who looked good on the PP against the Rags, could bump up to the Elias line and Josefson could see his first action of the season. It also means that Stephen Gionta could be pushed to the wing (hooray!). Word is that gelinas is back in for larsson... Let the hysteria continue!

Zubrus-Zajac-Jagr

Cammalleri-Elias-Brunner

Clowe-Henrique-Ryder

Ruutu-Josefson-Gionta

Greene-Severson

Gelinas-Merrill

Salvador-Zidlicky

Cory Schneider

7VyRYba.gif

It's a big game, need to stop the bleeding here before heading out on the road trip. Lets see a fast start and a Schneider shutout. Both Chico and Doc are in the building, they're bringing the good vibes and I feel a win coming... Chico is certainly excited!

tumblr_ljmobzJtod1qb07we.gif

LGD!

Edited by dmann422

The Devils should win this game.  The Stars were projected to be a good team this year but they started off a little slow.  Add to that the Devils should be eating lightning and sh!tting thunder after the last 3 games, especially after the last game getting embarassed by the Rangers by losing the 3-1 lead in the 3rd.

Plus they should do it for Chico.  He deserves it.

Edit: Also did anyone catch what the new owners/team gave to Chico last night?  They gave him a boat and you can see he looks thrilled in the pics.  He def deserves it too and much bigger than a painting, something from Tiffany's and some trip.

Edited by DevsMan84

Edit: Also did anyone catch what the new owners/team gave to Chico last night?  They gave him a boat and you can see he looks thrilled in the pics.  He def deserves it too and much bigger than a painting, something from Tiffany's and some trip.

That's awesome and a very class move.  Chico deserves it.  He was a homer, but he was our homer. 

Let's go Devils!!!

He def deserves it too and much bigger than a painting, something from Tiffany's and some trip.

Pfft, i know! I mean, cmon really, JVB may as well have just picked up There's Something About Mary from the $5 DVD bin at Walmart! Tiffany's? I mean, hello?? So 1990's! 

Anything to squeeze in a shot at JVB and comment on the fine aroma of the new owner's farts by you. 

Pfft, i know! I mean, cmon really, JVB may as well have just picked up There's Something About Mary from the $5 DVD bin at Walmart! Tiffany's? I mean, hello?? So 1990's! 

Anything to squeeze in a shot at JVB and comment on the fine aroma of the new owner's farts by you. 

You are reaching and you know it.  Which part of what I wrote was not true?  JVB AND McMullen used to always give out the same stuff over and over again. 

You really need to stop making a fool of yourself, especially on a thread for a game honoring one of the most beloved Devils ever just so you can read way too much into everything I write to start something with me.

Yet I am the obsessed one :rolleyes:

Edited by DevsMan84

Ugh Deboer WHY IS LARSSON SITTING AGAIN!?

Oh Go Devils...228 tonight, thanks Chico!

My thoughts exactly, maybe to boost the offense, but I thought Larsson had a pretty solid game vs the rags.. Pretty mind boggling. Ohh well, GO DEVILS!!

EDIT : GO CHICOOO!!

Edited by Devs3cups

Ugh Deboer WHY IS LARSSON SITTING AGAIN!?

I give up, honestly.  I'm done bitching about Larsson because it's just stupid for me to repeat myself over, and over again when it's clearly never going to change.

Can't wait until Pete's finally canned.

Edited by Devilsfan118

nice gdt! but id rather have gelinas in over larsson anyway so im cool with that.. just trade the kid and lets move on already, hopefully they dont lose tonight and we dont start to fall behind early ..please lets see a nice strong game and strong goaltending!