'He Makes Other Players Better'

Triumph

Sorry for the delayed response everyone...busy time of the year

He said players have little or no contact with the front office. There is no frustration with the coach but the team has turned very negative. He said DeBoer is super smart and approachable. (I won't repeat what I said about Sutter and he agreed)

With that being said, he said there needs to be a fresh start... trades, coach, etc.. all in play

Pretty much what a lot of us think and how we feel.

He said players have little or no contact with the front office. There is no frustration with the coach but the team has turned very negative. He said DeBoer is super smart and approachable. (I won't repeat what I said about Sutter and he agreed)

With that being said, he said there needs to be a fresh start... trades, coach, etc.. all in play

Bolded is absolutely something that was always alluded to. "Lou is the mafia. You never talk to him."

As for Elias' dislike of Sutter - well we all knew that. And Elias was right to be upset at him the way he was treated vis a vis taking away the C from him.

I know this wasn't the original point of the thread but it's worth continuing the conversation. This isn't a "bash Lou" comment - but I do think that a fresh attitude from the GM - one of some inclusion might be a welcome change. Maybe I'm naive, but get the sense that other GM's are more present with their players. Then again, it's possible it's an age thing.

Bolded is absolutely something that was always alluded to. "Lou is the mafia. You never talk to him."

As for Elias' dislike of Sutter - well we all knew that. And Elias was right to be upset at him the way he was treated vis a vis taking away the C from him.

I know this wasn't the original point of the thread but it's worth continuing the conversation. This isn't a "bash Lou" comment - but I do think that a fresh attitude from the GM - one of some inclusion might be a welcome change. Maybe I'm naive, but get the sense that other GM's are more present with their players. Then again, it's possible it's an age thing.

I dont know about other GMs but that reminds me of when Eller got nailed hard by Gryba. He got off the ice on a stretcher and all. As soon it happened Bergevin literally RAN to the wife's suite to see Eller's gf, he was in tears apparently (he's crying really easily though lol) and then RAN down to make sure he could see Eller before he left in the ambulance.

From comments i've seen from the players they like Bergevin a lot for stuff like this compared to the other GMs they had before where there was no exchange almost.

To be fair i think Lou can't run at all lol but anyway... just gave a little story to add to what you were saying.

Like I said many years ago Sutter is a xenophobe.

I dont know about other GMs but that reminds me of when Eller got nailed hard by Gryba. He got off the ice on a stretcher and all. As soon it happened Bergevin literally RAN to the wife's suite to see Eller's gf, he was in tears apparently (he's crying really easily though lol) and then RAN down to make sure he could see Eller before he left in the ambulance.

From comments i've seen from the players they like Bergevin a lot for stuff like this compared to the other GMs they had before where there was no exchange almost.

To be fair i think Lou can't run at all lol but anyway... just gave a little story to add to what you were saying.

To be fair, Lou rode in the ambulance with Elias when he got the concussion in Colorado.

He is a really nice guy.  Back when I was in constant bone surgery mode, he kept in contact with a  mutual friend and would ask for updates and sent well wishes.

Nice printer.  I just got a Pixma MX722. I don't think they make them anymore but it was dirt cheap on Black Friday. LOL

What really struck me about Patrik, was how humble, soft spoken, thoughtful and honest he was.

I could not be more impressed with him and he is truly what Lou means by having players with real character

And BTW, I didn't ask him to sign anything (I have a good collection of his stuff already) but he insisted and handed me a few posters which he signed.

And for those of you that have Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204700825673009&set=a.4516587805250.2168982.1607395833&type=1&theater

Edited by StarDew

Everything about this was great, until the very end when you said free agency and trades aren't options to turn the team around. That makes absolutely no sense. Besides that a really good post

Who is available via free agency that would improve this team? What excess assets can we trade without hurting this team more than helping it? If you can answer those questions with legitimate possibilities then you can say that he makes no sense.

Everything about this was great, until the very end when you said free agency and trades aren't options to turn the team around. That makes absolutely no sense. Besides that a really good post

There is not a player available this off-season in free agency who will change this team.  There are no 1st line players available this off-season.

The Devils don't have significant trading chips except for their 1st round pick this year.  There's not someone in the Devils' organization who isn't in the NHL who is worth a lot on the trade market.   So any trade NJ makes will have to use players already on the roster.  That sort of deal, absent a Schenn-for-JVR or Erat-for-Forsberg kind of trade that only happens in the NHL a few times a decade, isn't going to massively improve the team.

The draft is really their only salvation.

Edited by Triumph

• 3 weeks later...