2008 Summer Olympics

Satans Hockey

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go team GB!!!!!!

Beating Miss hoff and ruining her chances of getting even 4 golds :dance:

Hopefully we will see some nore gold coming back to GB.

traitor

The US owns everyone at swimming, 7 medals out of 8 swimmers (3 gold, 2 silver, 2 bronze i think)

fvck YEAH

Edited by DEVILS>Rangers

Michael Phelps = a beast.

i love how al trautwig does the gymnastics in beijing

i cant keep a straight face

i hope he signs a deal with them and then ill never have to hear his gay biased ranger loving voice

haha I was thinking the same thing last night. Al Tw@twig. What a useless d-bag. And I'm not sure who the other dude in the booth with him is, but he keeps saying the most borderline homoerotic stuff. I mean, it was mens gymnastics, so I guess it's par for the course, but it did have me and my friends giggling like Beavis and Butthead.

ok ok ok ok I actually admit I did gloat SOME about the US Pounding Argentina in Volleyball, but it's a sport neither one of us has a mass rooting interest in :evil:

(I still ain't rooting for them in basketball and soccer though .... she likes said sports, I don't... might as well see her happy before a NorthEast winter whips her ass :P)

fvck you Orozco. The stupid sh!t got a red card in the fvcking 4th minute of a game for throwing an elbow. Bloody hell. I'm going to go slam my head against the wall now.

The US Men need a win or tie to advance. They can still advance othr ways but I'd rather not rely on Japan beating or tying the Netherlands.

Anyone else see this China/Cuba women's volleyball game?

China up two sets to none and dominating the third game.... and before ya know it... Cuba comes all the way back and looking like they will win in a tie breaking 5th set :blink:.... crazy stuff... and good back and forth play!!

This volleyball ain't so bad!!!

What a selfish elbow by Orozco. Usually I'm defending my team and complaining (!), but that was a well earned Red.

I have the game on tape, but it's tough to win against a speedy team like Nigeria down a man.

On another note, what a weak ass penalty call against the Japanese, giving the Dutch a freebie and advancement.

One more thing..............I like the major sports, but love the odd ones. Seems USA network 2 am to 9 am is the one to watch for that stuff.

Edited by Jimmy Leeds

One more thing..............I like the major sports, but love the odd ones. Seems USA network 2 am to 9 am is the one to watch for that stuff.

what i do is wake up at like 8, watch to like 10 or whenever the live sh!t ends

and then at night i watch the prime time from 8-1230

and if theres like a soccer game or basket ball ill tune my alarm clock to watch it

What a selfish elbow by Orozco. Usually I'm defending my team and complaining (!), but that was a well earned Red.

I have the game on tape, but it's tough to win against a speedy team like Nigeria down a man.

On another note, what a weak ass penalty call against the Japanese, giving the Dutch a freebie and advancement.

We should have known after we blew the game against the Dutch that it was all over.

I just saw the PK that the Dutch got. If the Japanese guy didn't grab his shirt that call wouldn't have been made.

I can't express how disappointed I am right now. Hopefully the women can make up for it and get the gold.

Edited by Satans Hockey

We should have known after we blew the game against the Dutch that it was all over.

I just saw the PK that the Dutch got. If the Japanese guy didn't grab his shirt that call wouldn't have been made.

I can't express how disappointed I am right now. Hopefully the women can make up for it and get the gold.

Yeah me 2. My uncle is the assistant coach for the US Mens Soccer team and they thought they should've won the game. They did better than anyone thought and compared to athens in 2004 where they didn't even qualify they did really good. This is the best they've done in 50 years. Also my uncle told me that the US is preparing more for the 2012 olympics. Their facilities in Florida are now helping them a lot.

Yeah me 2. My uncle is the assistant coach for the US Mens Soccer team and they thought they should've won the game. They did better than anyone thought and compared to athens in 2004 where they didn't even qualify they did really good. This is the best they've done in 50 years. Also my uncle told me that the US is preparing more for the 2012 olympics. Their facilities in Florida are now helping them a lot.

If by 50 years you mean eight years. In 2000 we lost the Bronze medal game. I would say that is significantly better than not getting out of the group stage.

ETA: Yeah, I had gotten used to staying up and watching Phelps kick everyone's ass. It feels weird tonight to not have that.

Edited by PeteyNice

If by 50 years you mean eight years. In 2000 we lost the Bronze medal game. I would say that is significantly better than not getting out of the group stage.

ETA: Yeah, I had gotten used to staying up and watching Phelps kick everyone's ass. It feels weird tonight to not have that.

That was different. In these olympics the US used the U23 team and thats the best they did in 50 years.

i cant remember but last night at the 11 oclock sportscenter some ignorant black man said that phelps was over rated and he had some buddies back home who could beat him. i cant watch espn now, but does anyone know who it was , i forgot

Wow I don't get how you can say Phelps is overrated considering he has the MOST Gold Medals in history.

Wow I don't get how you can say Phelps is overrated considering he has the MOST Gold Medals in history.

To be fair to Spitz, there were only 7 events during his time instead of the 8 that Phelps has now, and Spitz retired at 22 or 23 because back then being a swimmer wasn't a profession that you could support yourself in whereas now Phelps is making $5 million a year and is getting another million for breaking Spitz's record.