GDT 7: Devils @ Senators aka first win of the season 730pm MSG+

ZeroGravityFat

2 bad goals both on Marty.

Yup.... Here we go again

I'll never go the mean-spirited route with Marty, but for the love of God, give the guy who stops pucks a chance to run with fvcking job already.  This is getting to be sad. 

I'll never go the mean-spirited route with Marty, but for the love of God, give the guy who stops pucks a chance to run with fvcking job already. This is getting to be sad.

This. Marty has meant too much to the franchise for me to be mean-spirited towards him... But this IS sad. Schneider needs to get the bulk of the starts and Marty needs to live with it. Period.

This. Marty has meant too much to the franchise for me to be mean-spirited towards him... But this IS sad. Schneider needs to get the bulk of the starts and Marty needs to live with it. Period.

It needs to start Saturday...no Marty has to start against the Rangers in perpituity card anymore.  Just give him back-to-backs, at Montreal and a handful of other games.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I can't wait to get our first win vs the Rangers tho. Cause THATS gonna happen.

Absolutely embarrassed as a fan right now knowing this team won't win more than 15-20 games all season. It's honestly scary because that's even wishful thinking.

How often does it end pretty for the legends?  Sadly, not often at all.  Regardless of how this season turns out for Marty, I really hope he calls it a career.  I feel like I'm holding my breath every time a puck comes his way.  I hate feeling that way about him.

Looks like this is the season the media is finally right.

Brodeur will never voluntarily step aside. It's going to be on Lou and whomever the next coach is. It's over and only he doesn't know it.

Edited by TheRedStorm

How often does it end pretty for the legends? Sadly, not often at all. Regardless of how this season turns out for Marty, I really hope he calls it a career. I feel like I'm holding my breath every time a puck comes his way. I hate feeling that way about him.

Yeah its becoming clear that Marty has stuck around a year too long... Probably two years too long. It'll be sad when he retires just because of who he is and what he's meant to the Devils for 20 years. But its time. Its past time. You're right about holding your breath whenever the other team takes a shot, because I do the same thing. I just don't have any confidence that he isn't going to let in at least 2 softies a night at this point, probably more most nights. This needs to be Cory Schneider's team starting Saturday. And if DeBoer wants any chance of keeping his job, he has to know this.

I'm still kinda of the opinion that Marty should've retired after the cup run..but of course, then the Devils don't probably get Schneider so...

But I think that playoff run was the last 'great-ish' goaltending we'll ever see from Marty.  Sad, but father time doesn't wait for anyone..