GDT: 2012 NHL Draft discussion (Rumors and trades)

Derlique

ROTFL. :D

I say it actually helps putting 94 to bed. We have Matteau's son now, imagine how ironic it must be for HIM. Plus, if he turns out to be some sort of Rangers killer... Epic! :D

Plus, the guy slipped a few numbers and he was the highest ranked forward in the TSN ranking at the moment of our pick. He should be OK.

Well the same year we slay the Dragon we draft his kid!

Oh and by the way he was born in 1994. Full circle indeed! :koolaid::evil::koolaid:

Exactly. If we don't stop being defensive about 94 after everything that happened during this last month, I don't know when we will.

cool. this should piss off ranger fans. not familiar with anyone being drafted (im oneof those devil fans that know nothing but watch the games, thats why i come here , to get intelligent pointsof view.) but i saw a pic on facebook and said, "whose the ranger" it was his uniform for whatever, then i said "i know that name, its rangerish". took a second but i figured it out quick. hope he becomes a ranger killer. philly and pitt. killer too.

Man, I must be really intoxicated, I didn't realize PIT drafted Shea Weber and Nick Lidstrom tonight!

These guys haven't even played a game yet.

Meanwhile we've been drafting D for years and our prospect pool is still rated as poor by many.

Unbelievable Ray Shero takes a piss and its a brilliant move to add depth to the team. :blahblah:

Well i am watching a live TSN feed , and for some reason we never went to adverts, and i got to watch all the pannelists talk candidly about tonights draft.

Interesting things i heard, someone said that the switch off after the 12th pick.

James Dutihie had some pretty, shall we say, "interesting" things to say, the best was when said the Jordan Staal trade saved the whole evening, otherwise it would have been terrible.

And I heard Pierre say he spoke to Ray Shero and he said that the yandel deal was "complete Bull $hit".

It was pretty funny, watching them prep for the show to restart. It was like

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

you have to also consider the development of our goalies. majority of goalie development is anti-headcase training. you don't want to be drafting goalies and sending them a message.

Im with you. I didnt want us drafting a goalie this year unless it was Vasilevski.

i only got draft coverage til 9 pm so i thought it was over. surprised to see devilspick on my facebook. comments suggested he didnt seem thrilled being picked by the devils. is this a problem? you guys are smart, just curious.

I dont think it matters yet. His dad knows we're a high class organization. I guess he could pull a Wheeler or Schultz in the future, but cant think that way now. Hes not gonna be here for a while.

TG Just tweeted this:

@TGfireandice

Stefan Matteau said "the plan" is to make the Devils think of something good when they hear his name.

Edited by ghdi

I dont think it matters yet. His dad knows we're a high class organization. I guess he could pull a Wheeler or Schultz in the future, but cant think that way now. Hes not gonna be here for a while.

TG Just tweeted this:

@TGfireandice

Stefan Matteau said "the plan" is to make the Devils think of something good when they hear his name.

I like this kid already. That is a good attitude to have, hope he sticks with it.

sorry just saw a thread based on this signing. its a draft.. like football drafts, lots ofpeople bitch its a bad pick, some like it, more so the former. I see lots of people who root for the team oppisite of their parents. it differs them from them. alcoholics have druggie kids who hate booze who have alcoholic kids who hate drugs. the circle goes on. im not worried, somewhat but im an optimist.

Love that we had to pay folks to take our unwanted "D" goods in Colin White - yet PIT actually gets assets for theirs.

Some of you seem to think Zach Parise is Gretzky reincarnated in a smaller body.

If he goes, he goes, if he wants to be #3 on the priority list in PIT who cares?

Love that we had to pay folks to take our unwanted "D" goods in Colin White - yet PIT actually gets assets for theirs.

Some of you seem to think Zach Parise is Gretzky reincarnated in a smaller body.

If he goes, he goes, if he wants to be #3 on the priority list in PIT who cares?

Colin White hasnt done anything since he left. I dont think theres correlation there. We got him off the salary cap and that was a win I believe.

I agree about Zach. Ive prepped for him to leave all year and I dont think hes worth 8 million a year. Kovy is a better player and we have Henrique.

Colin White was 33 when he was released, Zbynek Michalek was 29 when he got traded. There's your difference.

Colin White hasnt done anything since he left. I dont think theres correlation there. We got him off the salary cap and that was a win I believe.

I agree about Zach. Ive prepped for him to leave all year and I dont think hes worth 8 million a year. Kovy is a better player and we have Henrique.

We are STILL paying Colin White this year - he didn't come off the cap.

That's my point.

Edited by DevilinLA

Its not small potatoes when you are in debt. The checks are still being cashed.

Would you rather be sittign here with Colin White on the roster and being owed 3 million? We lopped off 2 million and got him off the team. I dont see what you're complaining about. Its small potatoes. If we were still paying him 3, Id agree.