JP Parise should really shut up

SterioDesign

And Zach already told JP to keep his mouth shut about this stuff once this year too. JP is obviously a bit of an attention whore. It's not hard to say 'no comment'.

That. I don't think he's playing any evil mind games, trying to field more offers for Zach etc. He just can't keep his mouth shut, that's all.

JP Parise is better know as a Ranger Killer. Why isn't he just pitching for Zach on Long Island?

I can understand him not wanting Zach to go to the Isles (who would?), but when people brought up the possibility of Zach signing with the Rangers in the past, I always thought it would be a real shame if a guy who has fighting the Rangers in his genes and now in his own experience forget about all of that and go play for them. I know, we fans take it too seriously most of the times and I doubt the Parises are having rants about how the Rangers suck during dinner, but still. ;)

Our 30-year beat writer will go national radio and lie, telling everyone that the Rock is 3/4 Rangers fans when we play them. It's unreal.

What happened? I didn't hear that.

I believe Chere said (on XM) the crowds are usually 50-50 and can be as much as 3/4 Ranger fans, which is ludicrous. The only two times it even approached 50-50 were for Game 5 and the first Devil-Ranger game at the Rock, and I'm usually one of the lower estimators of Devil fan-Ranger fan ratio in the building.

People bag on TG but the worst thing he ever said about the Devils was true (about the Mickey Mouse handling of 'lightgate'), and he's developed a sense of humor almost as biting as the LA Kings twitter guy. Chere's just a robotic sourpuss.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I believe Chere said (on XM) the crowds are usually 50-50 and can be as much as 3/4 Ranger fans, which is ludicrous. The only two times it even approached 50-50 were for Game 5 and the first Devil-Ranger game at the Rock, and I'm usually one of the lower counters of Devil fans compared to Ranger fans.

People bag on TG but the worst thing he ever said about the Devils was true (about the Mickey Mouse handling of 'lightgate'), and he's developed a sense of humor almost as biting as the LA Kings twitter guy. Chere's just a robotic sourpuss.

Really disappointed in Chere for saying that. He knows it's not true - AND IT HAS NEVER BEEN TRUE. The question is why he said it. Anyone have the exact quote?

I honestly think there's a Devils Fan Harrassment Squad that is ready at all times to piss in our Cheerios when things are going well. Everyone is in on it, and everyone is a part of it. Devils get momentum in a game? Bogus penalty call. Devils beat Rangers to even ECF? Captain's dad talks about Captain playing for the Rangers. Finally get good, loud, sell-out crowds with something to cheer for at the Rock? Our 30-year beat writer will go on national radio and lie, telling everyone that the Rock is 3/4 Rangers fans when we play them, when we all know it isn't. It's unreal.

Pretty much have to agree with this, although if you saw the Coyotes game last night, I don't think they got a single call in their favor (all bs calls went the Kings way) and I'm pretty sure the announcers didn't give them a single compliment.. It was almost comical how even when Smith made a huge save, the announcers had to analyze the replays to exclaim "It's technically a save, but it would have went wide"

I believe Chere said (on XM) the crowds are usually 50-50 and can be as much as 3/4 Ranger fans, which is ludicrous. The only two times it even approached 50-50 were for Game 5 and the first Devil-Ranger game at the Rock, and I'm usually one of the lower estimators of Devil fan-Ranger fan ratio in the building.

Yeah, this is exactly what happened. And someone tweeted at Chere and called him out, and he said that from where he sits, "it looks 50/50" or some sh!t. It's a flat lie.

Edited by MadDog2020

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

J.P Parise issued a statement to Devils' beat writers this evening about his comments in a Newsday article today.

J.P. Parise: "I was extremely disappointed in how my comments were portrayed in today’s newspaper article. .."

JP: "I would never speak for Zach under any circumstance. He has not talked to me about anything other than the playoffs ..."

JP cont: "and we have not discussed anything but the playoffs and that is 100 percent where his focus is right now..."

JP cont: "... and I have absolutely no intentions to distract and get things away from his focus right now.”

Well hopefully that, and Zach's no-comment put an end to this potentially divisive story.

J.P Parise issued a statement to Devils' beat writers this evening about his comments in a Newsday article today.

J.P. Parise: "I was extremely disappointed in how my comments were portrayed in today’s newspaper article. .."

JP: "I would never speak for Zach under any circumstance. He has not talked to me about anything other than the playoffs ..."

JP cont: "and we have not discussed anything but the playoffs and that is 100 percent where his focus is right now..."

JP cont: "... and I have absolutely no intentions to distract and get things away from his focus right now.”

Well hopefully that, and Zach's no-comment put an end to this potentially divisive story.

*ring ring

JP: Hello

Zach: Dad I told you to shut the fvck up -

JP: I was just....

Zach: Speak again and I'll kick ur ass...now call the media and apologize dumbass.

I imagine that's how that response came about.

Can we return this mountain to the molehill that it is?

I can't believe that guy... seriously... Zach warned him last time not to say anything and he had to apologize for his comments... and now he's going and saying that Zach would be the right fit on the RANGERS??? NOW !?!?!

pretty obvious that he want Zach out of NJ if you ask me, i dont like it

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/18/parises-dad-says-son-would-fit-right-in-with-rangers/

Sounds like a strategy to get the Devils to shell out more money for a contract

I dont believe anything anymore online until I see it for real

• 2 weeks later...

NEWARK, N.J. -- The Rangers have been known to throw cash out the window like confetti, looking for a quick fix. The Devils upset the top-seeded Blueshirts to seize the Stanley Cup finals berth that was supposed to be the Rangers' destiny after they led the Eastern Conference in points, in part because of forward Zach Parise, who will be the best unrestricted free agent on the market this year. So if the hated Rangers came calling -- and of course, they should at least kick the tires, archrivalry or not -- could Parise pull the trigger? Would he?

"Not in a hun-dred thou-sand years is he going there -- I guar-an-tee you, I guarantee it," boomed Ken Daneyko, the former Devils star turned television analyst, biting off each syllable for emphasis.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/7985064/2012-stanley-cup-playoffs-new-jersey-devils-zach-parise-new-york-rangers

NEWARK, N.J. -- The Rangers have been known to throw cash out the window like confetti, looking for a quick fix. The Devils upset the top-seeded Blueshirts to seize the Stanley Cup finals berth that was supposed to be the Rangers' destiny after they led the Eastern Conference in points, in part because of forward Zach Parise, who will be the best unrestricted free agent on the market this year. So if the hated Rangers came calling -- and of course, they should at least kick the tires, archrivalry or not -- could Parise pull the trigger? Would he?

"Not in a hun-dred thou-sand years is he going there -- I guar-an-tee you, I guarantee it," boomed Ken Daneyko, the former Devils star turned television analyst, biting off each syllable for emphasis.

http://espn.go.com/n...ew-york-rangers

You think Kenny Spoke to Zach about it? It sure sounds like it.

If anything, he's spoken to Devils management, and was told something to the effect that the Devils would do everything in their power to match any offer the Rangers threw Zach's way.

Zach isn't talking about with anyone at this point.

Kenny's an old school guy and is probably projecting his hatred of the Rangers on the situation. I'm sure he is just stating his emphatic opinion, not trying to imply that he has any inside knowledge to back it up.

Kenny's an old school guy and is probably projecting his hatred of the Rangers on the situation. I'm sure he is just stating his emphatic opinion, not trying to imply that he has any inside knowledge to back it up.

^ this.

While I want to believe it, who knows. Deal with Kings first. Nothing will be decided definitively right now. Even if Zach lays an egg in the finals, he'd still be wanted back. The rangers, their fans and the writers can talk about this all they want because they have the time since the rangers are playing golf now.

I agree with Daniel, the innocence that led Daneyko to make the comment was rooted in the fact that he wasn't hiding any secrets. He was stating what he did, as a Devils fan first and foremost, perhaps at the very most, knowing how much Lou loves Zach.