BuffaLOL @ The Rock

lazer

with the back to backs literally every friday saturday this month, i expect them to split all of them barring injury.

tough to bet on these things, but i'd guess:

away mtl: marty

home mtl: cory

home det: marty

away nyr: cory

away clb cory

away pit: marty

home tb: cory

home ott: cory

home ducks: marty

away caps: cory

away hawks: cory

home clb: marty

away isles: cory

home pit: marty

that's 8-6 cory

Sounds about right, as much as one can predict these things.  If it works out this way, it means that Marty played well, which is obviously good for everyone but Schneider, and if the team is winning, he can probably deal with it. 

Lol typical diablo response.

I hope they realize more people dislike them than actually like them.

Many times I've actually passed up cheaper seats at the rock in favor of more expensive ones just to sit a far away possible from the diablos.

I don't know any diablos personally, but they just seem kind of corny as a whole to me...like they're trying too hard to make it happen.  I'm all for crowd noise, atmosphere, the Devils' building being distinctive and a tough place to play for opponents...but they come off as a corporate-manufactured interpretation of what "loud, enthusiastic, raucous" means.  They just have a very scripted, hired-hand, non-genuine feel to them. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Wasn't the whole Diablo concept started on here?

It was, I am not one of the Diablo fans, but there seems to be a lot of bashing of the Diablo fans.  I am not a fan of that.  These guys are just trying to raise the atmosphere in the arena. 

I think the issue tho is when corporate tried to embrace it.  It would be better if they just let the fans themselves govern it. 

Is Mazz one of the Diablos?

No. I'm just a fan, who sits the next section over (121) and wonders why fellow fans want our building to have the same noise equaliant of a funeral. (Not directly talking about you. Just a generalization.) Like if some fans are too embarassed to cheer, make noise or hear others make noise...stay home. That's my view about it.

I did however ask to move to the Diablo section next season. The only thing I might have a hard time doing is stand for every game. But constant cheering, noise making and having fun without being a bunch of drunk asshats the whole game? For 100 dollars a season ticket? That sounds like a great deal to me.

I really wish that the Crazies got as much hype as the Diablos. They seemed to be the whole "Diablo concept" before the Diablos ever existed. Why not just build off of them? The Diablos could have just been in 231 and we would have had two super loud sections. Unless the plan is to have a fan section in each area. (Upper, Mezz, lower)

However I very much doubt we see a "supporters section" in the lower bowl. Stiff city down there.

Edited by TheMazz

No. I'm just a fan, who sits the next section over (121) and wonders why fellow fans want our building to have the same noise equaliant of a funeral. (Not directly talking about you. Just a generalization.) Like if some fans are too embarassed to cheer, make noise or hear others make noise...stay home. That's my view about it.

I did however ask to move to the Diablo section next season. The only thing I might have a hard time doing is stand for every game. But constant cheering, noise making and having fun without being a bunch of drunk asshats the whole game? For 100 dollars a season ticket? That sounds like a great deal to me.

I really wish that the Crazies got as much hype as the Diablos. They seemed to be the whole "Diablo concept" before the Diablos ever existed. Why not just build off of them? The Diablos could have just been in 231 and we would have had two super loud sections. Unless the plan is to have a fan section in each area. (Upper, Mezz, lower)

However I very much doubt we see a "supporters section" in the lower bowl. Stiff city down there.

The vuvuzela is worse than a drunk asshat though. I get the whole bring some energy in, but please, appropriate timing is necessary. Do we need the same chant 5 times in 30 mins? No. Does that mean I'm opposed to noise? No. They would be fine if they were actually creative. Maybe they are, but the chants that weren't the Baumann chant or the Kill chant or LGD were incomprehensible even where I was a couple sections away.

And a supporter's section in the lower bowl would make those seats less valuable. I'd MUCH rather sit downstairs than in the upper level. Upstairs, there's a 50/50 chance I have to put up with a drunk a$$hole screaming all night.....at the LA game I went to, some guy in 208 did the Rangers suck whistle about 50 times.....to the point where my friend(a very casual fan) began to mock him for acting like a 4 year old all night. I'll admit my buddy was pretty drunk, which was likely why he even said anything, but that guy was ANNOYING.

At Wednesday's game, there was a guy with his kid in the goal bar section where my friend and I sat. The guy yelled all night at EVERYTHING. MARTTTTY WHATTTYA DOIN!!!!! MARRRRTTY GREAT SAVE!!!! GETTTTITTT OUTTA THE ZONEEEE!!!! SHOOOOOOOTTTTTT!!!!!!! All fvcking night. His kid was quiet, well behaved, fine. The Father...would not stfu. This is the same kind of level of annoying that the vuvuzelas and the diablos are.

The lower bowl is better in every way basically. More legroom, cupholders, better view Are there less people yelling randomly? Yes, but that doesn't=Not caring. In reality, it's that more families are downstairs so there's less incentive to yell like an idiot all night when your kids might just do the same to you on the ride home.

Personally, I'd LOVE to see you a member of the Diablos. Why? Just to read your online comments when you're monitored for your behavior, having to stand the entire game and told what chants to do EVERY GAME by the people you love to hate. It'll make your grudge against families and children, the owners and the anti-YS/RR2 crowd pale in comparison. 

Edited by TheRedStorm

The vuvuzela is worse than a drunk asshat though. I get the whole bring some energy in, but please, appropriate timing is necessary. Do we need the same chant 5 times in 30 mins? No. Does that mean I'm opposed to noise? No. They would be fine if they were actually creative. Maybe they are, but the chants that weren't the Baumann chant or the Kill chant or LGD were incomprehensible even where I was a couple sections away.

And a supporter's section in the lower bowl would make those seats less valuable. I'd MUCH rather sit downstairs than in the upper level. Upstairs, there's a 50/50 chance I have to put up with a drunk a$$hole screaming all night.....at the LA game I went to, some guy in 208 did the Rangers suck whistle about 50 times.....to the point where my friend(a very casual fan) began to mock him for acting like a 4 year old all night. I'll admit my buddy was pretty drunk, which was likely why he even said anything, but that guy was ANNOYING.

At Wednesday's game, there was a guy with his kid in the goal bar section where my friend and I sat. The guy yelled all night at EVERYTHING. MARTTTTY WHATTTYA DOIN!!!!! MARRRRTTY GREAT SAVE!!!! GETTTTITTT OUTTA THE ZONEEEE!!!! SHOOOOOOOTTTTTT!!!!!!! All fvcking night. His kid was quiet, well behaved, fine. The Father...would not stfu. This is the same kind of level of annoying that the vuvuzelas and the diablos are.

..I've gotta be honest..the only thought in my head after reading this is as follows:  Deal with it.

I'm sorry, I've got nothing against you personally, and sure, I bet those things would annoy me too, but they paid to be there, just like you did.  So long as they're not physically harming anyone or permanently scarring any innocent children by using the word "sucks", they're entitled to do whatever the hell they please.  No one needs to cater to anyone else's interests.

At this point, I'll take any noise during the games over the deadzone the CAA was during the majority of the regular season.

Hey man, agree to disagree but I know that if I had kids and were at the game with my kid I'd do all I can to keep them into it and NOT quiet. (Again, not towards you. Just a generalization.)

However. Cue the following response(s) that I'm sure will follow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoJVlyCGG2c

No one is against energy, it's the unnecessary noise just for the sake of being loud that no one likes. Do I like that the Rock plays music? Yes. Do I like that it's so loud it rattles my brain? No.

Personally, I'd LOVE to see you a member of the Diablos. Why? Just to read your online comments when you're monitored for your behavior, having to stand the entire game and told what chants to do EVERY GAME by the people you love to hate. It'll make your grudge against families and children, the owners and the anti-YS/RR2 crowd pale in comparison. 

Is this really all that gets you through your day? The hope of being able to go "HA! GOTCHA!" to someone on the internet?

..I've gotta be honest..the only thought in my head after reading this is as follows:  Deal with it.

I'm sorry, I've got nothing against you personally, and sure, I bet those things would annoy me too, but they paid to be there, just like you did.  So long as they're not physically harming anyone or permanently scarring any innocent children by using the word "sucks", they're entitled to do whatever the hell they please.  No one needs to cater to anyone else's interests.

At this point, I'll take any noise during the games over the deadzone the CAA was during the majority of the regular season.

And I did. My point was to show what happens in the cheap seats. That wasn't really a cheap seat, but I'd put about $5000 on that guy having gotten those seats for free like I did. That's why the lower bowl is nicer: There's less unreasonably drunk people who spent 2X what they did on a ticket, on beer because these people actually paid money to watch the game, not just to have an excuse to get drunk.

I have no grudge against anyone. This is a message board to express opinion. How is I can have a regular, thought out discussion with every other member on here besides you. Why do you just pick fights? If reading online comments and judging people gets you through your day then you REALLY need a life. No offense to you but you've been the complete stereotype of people I'm not satisfied with when I go to games. The "holier then thou" mentality of some people gets old and quite annoying after awhile.

I might have my side but that doesn't mean I'm not open to hearing other people's. I would expect most people to be similar. You know? Open-minded. Instead of being twats.

Edited by TheMazz

No one is against energy, it's the unnecessary noise just for the sake of being loud that no one likes. Do I like that the Rock plays music? Yes. Do I like that it's so loud it rattles my brain? No.

Is this really all that gets you through your day? The hope of being able to go "HA! GOTCHA!" to someone on the internet?

And I did. My point was to show what happens in the cheap seats. That wasn't really a cheap seat, but I'd put about $5000 on that guy having gotten those seats for free like I did. That's why the lower bowl is nicer: There's less unreasonably drunk people who spent 2X what they did on a ticket, on beer because these people actually paid money to watch the game, not just to have an excuse to get drunk.

The lower bowl is 100 times nicer than the upper.  Honestly the only place in the middle/uppers that is reasonable is the balcony side where the Devils shoot twice.

The lower bowl is 100 times nicer than the upper.  Honestly the only place in the middle/uppers that is reasonable is the balcony side where the Devils shoot twice.

Oh no doubt the lower bowl (while priced out the ass) is nicer. The best deal you can get is every pre-season on Stubhub, snag club seats for like 40-60 bucks.

But in my opinion it's a trade off. You are trading the ambiance and atmopshere of the upper bowl for the luxury of the lower (which will be much, much more quiet) Some people like that. Others don't. Honestly, as long as I'm in the building and cheering I could give two fvcks where I sit.

I have no grudge against anyone. This is a message board to express opinion. How is I can have a regular, thought out discussion with every other member on here besides you. Why do you just pick fights? If reading online comments and judging people gets you through your day then you REALLY need a life. No offense to you but you've been the complete stereotype of people I'm not satisfied with when I go to games. The "holier then thou" mentality of some people gets old and quite annoying after awhile.

I might have my side but that doesn't mean I'm not open to hearing other people's. I would expect most people to be similar. You know? Open-minded. Instead of being twats.

The whole "let's turn this entire arena into a sh!tty psuedo college basketball atmosphere" is also getting old and quite annoying too.

The concept that the arena is not your personal living room has gone over the heads of many people's heads, especially since the Devils moved to Newark.

Oh no doubt the lower bowl (while priced out the ass) is nicer. The best deal you can get is every pre-season on Stubhub, snag club seats for like 40-60 bucks.

But in my opinion it's a trade off. You are trading the ambiance and atmopshere of the upper bowl for the luxury of the lower (which will be much, much more quiet) Some people like that. Others don't. Honestly, as long as I'm in the building and cheering I could give two fvcks where I sit.

lol I dont consider drunk college kids who act like they just learned curse words that day as "ambiance and atmosphere"

I might have my side but that doesn't mean I'm not open to hearing other people's.

Like hell you don't.

You came in here and started on your grudge towards the same things in a discussion about vuvuzellas of all things. CR1976 was the first to point that out to you.  

I don't care what discussions or conversations you have with other people. I have my own right to express my opinion on anything you post publicly. I'm not calling you names or personally insulting you. I'm just pointing out that some of your logic and finger pointing is flawed. While you might hear it, you don't listen. If you did, you wouldn't be going on and on posting vids about the same grudges.

Again, i'd love to see you a member of a group that's run the way it is by the very same people and things you loathe.

Edited by TheRedStorm

The whole "let's turn this entire arena into a sh!tty psuedo college basketball atmosphere" is also getting old and quite annoying too.

The concept that the arena is not your personal living room has gone over the heads of many people's heads, especially since the Devils moved to Newark.

I really doubt people use those horns in their living room. Lol. The point is that you shouldn't have to defend being loud at a sporting event. I also saw the Diablos trying to make the arena into a soccer-like atmosphere rather then CB. It's funny how the idea for the Diablo's was birthed on this very site (and to a point HF) and now most posters are so vastly against it.

lol I dont consider drunk college kids who act like they just learned curse words that day as "ambiance and atmosphere"

I don't consider a game where you can hear a pin drop as "ambiance and atmosphere" either.  I would suggest that the games that are uber-quiet with faint chanting as the ones that resemble a "living room". 

There has to be some middle ground here.

Like hell you don't.

The only thing is you came in here and started on your grudge towards the same things in a discussion about vuvuzellas of all things. CR1976 was the first to point that out to you.  

I don't care what discussions or conversations you have with other people. I have my own right to express my opinion on anything you post publicly. I'm not calling you names or personally insulting you. 

Again, i'd love to see you a member of a group that's run the way it is by the very same people and things you loathe. 

Yes. Please go on and tell me how I feel. Like I said. I have no grudge with anyone on here and I try to like everyone on here.

I really doubt people use those horns in their living room. Lol. The point is that you shouldn't have to defend being loud at a sporting event. I also saw the Diablos trying to make the arena into a soccer-like atmosphere rather then CB. It's funny how the idea for the Diablo's was birthed on this very site (and to a point HF) and now most posters are so vastly against it.

I don't consider a game where you can hear a pin drop as "ambiance and atmosphere" either.  I would suggest that the games that are uber-quiet with faint chanting as the ones that resemble a "living room". 

There has to be some middle ground here.

I didn't say it couldn't be loud, just not dumb college game atmosphere idiocy.

Diablos didn't start here on this forum, the Supporters did.  Supporters died when the Devils took it over before the 2011-12 season and required the purchase of season tickets to sit there and sign a list of by-laws.  The best part of the Supporters was that anyone could join in.  Now, it is just another douchy clique like the Crazies but with the support (and under the watchful eye) of the Devils.

I guess I'm bias, but I'd take the college atmosphere over the quiet, dry, corporate Rangers/Maple Leafs atmosphere any day of the week.  And I mention those two teams because I feel like that's what you'd prefer the Devils' to be like, at some point..

Edit:  Which, to clarify, is fine I guess, to each their own.  I'm not looking to start a pissing contest or anything, but I guess I'm having a hard time grasping the other side of the debate here.  

Edited by Devilsfan118

I guess I'm bias, but I'd take the college atmosphere over the quiet, dry, corporate Rangers/Maple Leafs atmosphere any day of the week.  And I mention those two teams because I feel like that's what you'd prefer the Devils' to be like, at some point..

You mean sold out night after night and ending the constant moaning of Devils fans who freak out over the attendance numbers?  Yeah, I can live with that.

I doubt it will ever be like that though.  Like I said before, I dont mind noise, I just don't want the sheer idiocy that comes with a lot of it.  I took my Dad the Winnipeg game which was his first Devils game in about 5 years.  He even said that the crowd has gotten much younger and more obnoxious than it was when we had season tickets from 91-03.  He even started getting pissed off at the vuvuzela by the 2nd period and we were in the bottom bowl.

You mean sold out night after night and ending the constant moaning of Devils fans who freak out over the attendance numbers?  Yeah, I can live with that.

I doubt it will ever be like that though.  Like I said before, I dont mind noise, I just don't want the sheer idiocy that comes with a lot of it.  I took my Dad the Winnipeg game which was his first Devils game in about 5 years.  He even said that the crowd has gotten much younger and more obnoxious than it was when we had season tickets from 91-03.  He even started getting pissed off at the vuvuzela by the 2nd period and we were in the bottom bowl.

Well what would happen is they wouldn't complain about the attendance anymore, they'd bitch and moan about the atmosphere and ambiance. Devils fans love to complain even when they get what they want. Then point a finger at something else.

Well what would happen is they wouldn't complain about the attendance anymore, they'd bitch and moan about the atmosphere and ambiance. Devils fans love to complain even when they get what they want. Then point a finger at something else.

And then you'd have condescending jerkoffs who would look down on those who make their displeasure with the current situation known..

It's the circle of life!

Edit:  Which, to clarify, is fine I guess, to each their own.  I'm not looking to start a pissing contest or anything, but I guess I'm having a hard time grasping the other side of the debate here.  

I'll do my best to give you a 43-year-old's perspective (but someone who still considers himself relatively young at heart). 

As you get older, you DO find certain things becoming more irritating and annoying that maybe you wouldn't have in your youth.  There was a time where I loved the idea of going into a bar or club where getting bumped and elbowed every two seconds, paying $5+ per beer, and not being able to hear or carry on a conversation with the person standing less than a foot away from me appealed to me greatly.  Now?  Not so much.  Am I a big fan of barely-turned 21-somethings and 40-year-old adolescents who don't know their alcohol limits and clearly have no filters sitting near me at Devils games?  No.  But I ignore them the best that I can.  I don't go to hockey games to confront people on what many define to be inappropriate behavior.  I came to terms with the fact, a long time ago, that sporting events of all kinds will attract a segment of fans who think buying a ticket gives them the right to do whatever they want, at everyone else's expense.  It comes with the territory in 2013.

Like I've said, I'm all for a rocking building.  I think most people are, of all ages.  With all due respect to Mazz, he seems to think that not liking a certain type of noise or noises means that such people would prefer to see a near-silent building.  Not the case at all.  I think what we want to see is genuine noise, heartfelt enthusiasm coming from fans who are actually FEELING it, and Devils fans have shown the capability of doing that on their own (maybe not enough, but they have).  The diablos to me are the equivalent of pumped-in crowd noise and paid cheerleading.  They remind me of the offensive defenseman who has no idea of when to join the rush and when to pinch.  There's just not much of a sense of timing with that group, and they don't feel "real" to me.  But like I've said, as long as they're not breaking any rules, it's not on them to tone it down or whatever...it's on me to ignore the vuvuzelas and whatever else bugs me about the diablos.         

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2