Panthers president: Devils’ fans forced team to stop selling plastic

squishyx

Then what explanation did she have other than she was upset about him accusing the Devils fans of throwing rats on the ice? No one held a gun to her head to tweet him then saying he acted like an ass.

She doesn't need an explanation to call out someone who is already calling out our fan base. I don't know why she said what she said, but it's pretty obvious that she didn't do it on the off chance of scoring free Devil tickets, which seems to be your premise.

The big deal here is the team gave her tickets and thus rewarding bad behavior. Please see my scenario where I put forth the exact same situation but instead between a Flyers fan and Dolan of the Rags. I think we are all looking at this through Devils fan blinders.

I saw it and I entirely disagree. I would absolutely support a team that supports their fans. Is it always going to be practical to give away a suite? no. It's not a big deal, you know how I know it's not a big deal? a ton of other devil fans also responded to this jackass before and after and didn't get any attention from the devils at all, and yet they aren't complaining about that. Why? because it was never about the tickets (that never existed at the time she posted anyway).

Maybe Yormark should give away a few tickets, they had 5500 left this morning for Thursday's game.

http://www.litterboxcats.com/2012/4/25/2974215/panthers-florida-chat-blog-devils-playoffs

5500 left for a Game 7?! When they haven't been to the playoffs in over a decade? Yikes, no wonder the league bent over backwards to put their other games on a weekend.

She doesn't need an explanation to call out someone who is already calling out our fan base. I don't know why she said what she said, but it's pretty obvious that she didn't do it on the off chance of scoring free Devil tickets, which seems to be your premise.

I saw it and I entirely disagree. I would absolutely support a team that supports their fans. Is it always going to be practical to give away a suite? no. It's not a big deal, you know how I know it's not a big deal? a ton of other devil fans also responded to this jackass before and after and didn't get any attention from the devils at all, and yet they aren't complaining about that. Why? because it was never about the tickets (that never existed at the time she posted anyway).

Please point out where I said she did it to score free tickets? I never said that at all.

Again:

1) Neither party is in the right here

2) I am not upset at LA. If the Devils offered me free tickets and I was in her shoes, I would have taken it too. Doesn't mean I am in the right or the victim.

3) I am disappointed in the Devils for rewarding a fan for what amounts to an online flaming between a fan and a team exec of an opposing team. The Devils should instead discourage fans from doing this and now that they gave her free tickets, a lot of fans will get the wrong idea and harass other team personnel.

Again, I cannot stress this enough, I am not in any way shape or form upset at her. I am upset at the response by the Devils for what was just a tit for tat online exchange that was inappropriate.

5500 left for a Game 7?! When they haven't been to the playoffs in over a decade? Yikes, no wonder the league bent over backwards to put their other games on a weekend.

It sounds bad, but I bet most of the fans were waiting to see if there was going to be a game 7 before buying tickets. Might as well wait a day not to deal with anything. I am sure the game will be sold out Thursday.

And she looked like an ass for making a smart-ass remark directed at his twitter and then complaining when he replied back with a smart ass remark.

If you think the tweets of a high-ranking executive of a public organization with stock holders and a public relations budget should be held to the same standard as those of a private individual, then no offense but I hope you never become CEO of a company I hold stock in.

So everyone thinks what the Devils did was a great idea and is awesome PR as this story gets picked up by media outlets all over...except for one person. Just a smart move by that Devils employee showing they have the back of a fan who was defending the team.

No need for everyone to continue to debate this for 4 pages with only fan arguing against this.

You're joking with that line right?

How else would you call it when the head of the online marketing department gives a fan free suite tickets after getting into a spar with an opposing team's president on twitter?

If you think the tweets of a high-ranking executive of a public organization with stock holders and a public relations budget should be held to the same standard as those of a private individual, then no offense but I hope you never become CEO of a company I hold stock in.

Steve Jobs was famous for sending smart-ass replies to customers who complained about his products. Hell one of his greatest was his reply to a person who emailed him about the antenna problem with the iphone 4. Yet he is still loved and admired by a lot of people.

So everyone thinks what the Devils did was a great idea and is awesome PR as this story gets picked up by media outlets all over...except for one person. Just a smart move by that Devils employee showing they have the back of a fan who was defending the team.

No need for everyone to continue to debate this for 4 pages with only fan arguing against this.

Some have agreed with me on this forum, and dozens agree with me in the comments on the article

Puck Daddy

But I expect the response of "Well those are probably Panthers fans, rags fans, philly fans, etc.."

It sounds bad, but I bet most of the fans were waiting to see if there was going to be a game 7 before buying tickets. Might as well wait a day not to deal with anything. I am sure the game will be sold out Thursday.

According to the link within the link, that 5,500 number is already down to 3,801. So, yeah, I'm with ya in thinking it'll be a sellout by tomorrow night.

And she looked like an ass for making a smart-ass remark directed at his twitter and then complaining when he replied back with a smart ass remark.

I have to clear up a few things. I absolutely did not tweet Mr. Yormark with the intention of trying to score tickets to the Devils game. I also already had tickets to the Devils game for last night and gave them to my friends after I was offered the tickets in the suite. I was in a suite with other people. It wasn't as if there was tons of free food and booze. (Not that I expected that at all.) I would have been happy in my usual seats, but took the Devils up on the offer because, well, why not?

Also, I am not claiming to be perfect or a saint. I am not saying I was right and he was wrong in this situation. Was my comment snarky? Absolutely. Was I pissed off that he was blaming the banning of plastic rats on Devils fans? Absolutely. Could I have worded my tweet differently. Of course. Before I saw his reply to my tweet I was already getting random people following me on twitter and I was very confused. Then I saw his reply and I laughed. I wasn't clutching my pearls in horror saying, "Oh how dare he insult me!" Like I said, before I even responded to his "you have 70 followers. No one cares what you think." I was already getting followers and people were already on the defensive. It wasn't like I called people to arms! I replied to him, "I really can only laugh... You sound worse than my 6th graders...very mature. Don't really care about my follower count ...I wasn't aware opinions were only valid for those with lots of followers. stay classy Florida." I have no problem taking backlash for my comments to Mr. Yormark. I'll own what I said. I had a problem with him blaming Devils' fans for whatever was going on in his arena and I told him so. He chose to respond the way he did. Did it piss me off? Yes. Did I feel wrongly attacked? Nope. However, the philosophy that certain peoples opinions don't matter is worrisome. I'm not "important" so I don't matter? That's a nice attitude for someone who is president/COO of an organization. There is no one who is "right" in this situation. I'll repeat again, this thing was getting out of control before I even typed a response to Mr. Yormark. I wasn't trying to get people to stick up for "poor little me". It just got crazy and I don't know why.

• Like 1

I have to clear up a few things. I absolutely did not tweet Mr. Yormark with the intention of trying to score tickets to the Devils game. I also already had tickets to the Devils game for last night and gave them to my friends after I was offered the tickets in the suite. I was in a suite with other people. It wasn't as if there was tons of free food and booze. (Not that I expected that at all.) I would have been happy in my usual seats, but took the Devils up on the offer because, well, why not?

Also, I am not claiming to be perfect or a saint. I am not saying I was right and he was wrong in this situation. Was my comment snarky? Absolutely. Was I pissed off that he was blaming the banning of plastic rats on Devils fans? Absolutely. Could I have worded my tweet differently. Of course. Before I saw his reply to my tweet I was already getting random people following me on twitter and I was very confused. Then I saw his reply and I laughed. I wasn't clutching my pearls in horror saying, "Oh how dare he insult me!" Like I said, before I even responded to his "you have 70 followers. No one cares what you think." I was already getting followers and people were already on the defensive. It wasn't like I called people to arms! I replied to him, "I really can only laugh... You sound worse than my 6th graders...very mature. Don't really care about my follower count ...I wasn't aware opinions were only valid for those with lots of followers. stay classy Florida." I have no problem taking backlash for my comments to Mr. Yormark. I'll own what I said. I had a problem with him blaming Devils' fans for whatever was going on in his arena and I told him so. He chose to respond the way he did. Did it piss me off? Yes. Did I feel wrongly attacked? Nope. However, the philosophy that certain peoples opinions don't matter is worrisome. I'm not "important" so I don't matter? That's a nice attitude for someone who is president/COO of an organization. There is no one who is "right" in this situation. I'll repeat again, this thing was getting out of control before I even typed a response to Mr. Yormark. I wasn't trying to get people to stick up for "poor little me". It just got crazy and I don't know why.

There is nothing wrong with what you did or said. You acted like a fan and should be commended for doing so and I think the Devils took care of that. Those on here saying you were wrong too is just crazy. I found it funny banter and it just goes to show how passionate hockey fans are. For those saying it's so wrong on both sides, do they not realize the things being said on the ice between players and coaches is mature?? Of course it isn't and while we don't hear all of it, we hear enough of it and no one is calling the players wrong for it. Imagine Clarkson being on MIC for a full game, it would be hilarious. Fans should get to have fun too and a dumb owner of Florida played right into it.

I think the overwhelmingly positive response to your tweet shows that most people are on your side on this one LA. I mean, you've added over 2,000 followers in 24 hours, which I think says it all. :cheers:

I think the overwhelmingly positive response to your tweet shows that most people are on your side on this one LA. I mean, you've added over 2,000 followers in 24 hours, which I think says it all. :cheers:

Her win is a win for all Devils fans.

Edited by ben00rs

Again LA and others, please show me were I said you only tweeted him to get tickets out of this. I never even implied it and I have said repeatedly that in your shoes I would have taken the tickets too. I am not even upset at you but instead disappointed in how the devils reward what amounts to being a smart ass on their twitter to another teams executive and that is by your own admission in your latest post. Yormack decided to send you a smart ass response back and now he is the bad guy in this when both of you acted childish.

What will now stop others from trolling other teams personnel twitters if the example given here is that if you do that and they reply to your trolling you get free tickets? This is a problem created by the devils and not LA.

Fixed. whistling.gif

I think I might start tweeting too now

Again LA and others, please show me were I said you only tweeted him to get tickets out of this. I never even implied it and I have said repeatedly that in your shoes I would have taken the tickets too. I am not even upset at you but instead disappointed in how the devils reward what amounts to being a smart ass on their twitter to another teams executive and that is by your own admission in your latest post. Yormack decided to send you a smart ass response back and now he is the bad guy in this when both of you acted childish.

Enough of the self-righteous bullsh!t.

What will now stop others from trolling other teams personnel twitters if the example given here is that if you do that and they reply to your trolling you get free tickets? This is a problem created by the devils and not LA.

I think I might start tweeting too now

I highly doubt this becomes a problem. Obviously if people start heckling other team executives the Devils aren't going to just automatically give out tickets to everyone. This was most likely a one-time thing.