Havelid

devlman

I want to know why no one has talked about Havelid's play. AWFUL all series. One of Lou's worst pickup's ever. His play on Carolina's tying goal was mind-bogglingly bad. Also a prime suspect for Carolina's dominance during their home games.

Edited by devlman

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Havelid was pretty solid and responsible throughout the series. Playing with Greene didn't help him in game 7.

I would be more concerned about the play of White and Mottau in the last two games.

I expect Havelid to be re-signed. It usually takes a few months to blend into the systems for a defensemen (e.g. Salvador).

Edited by MantaRay

I dunno.... I think pretty much every D the Lou picks up at the deadline seems to be just as horrible.

We should make a list of terrible D-men picked up near the deadline that turned out to be wastes of oxygen.

Housley comes to mind.

I want to know why no one has talked about Havelid's play. AWFUL all series. One of Lou's worst pickup's ever. His play on Carolina's tying goal was mind-bogglingly bad. Also a prime suspect for Carolina's dominance during thier home games.

You have not been reading my posts since the day Lou traded for this POS. I have noticed Havelid's play during the regular season and playoffs but no one really listened until seeing it for themselves. Havelid sucks and I hope we never see him again. He was way out of position on the game tying goal by Jokinen and he has been sh!t his whole time here. This Devils team and defense was doing fine without him and then he started to play and the Devils started to lose and play like sh!t with no chemistry among the dmen. Havelid even made salvador play like sh!t when they were paired up. Havelid is just awful period especially in that playoff series and say bye-bye to him for good.

Havelid was pretty solid and responsible throughout the series. Playing with Greene didn't help him in game 7.

I would be more concerned about the play of White and Mottau in the last two games.

I expect Havelid to be re-signed. It usually takes a few months to blend into the systems for a defensemen (e.g. Salvador).

:blink:

Don't count on it Manta. No way Lou resigns Havelid. there will be better dmen in FA. Greene playing with Havelid didn't help. Playing with Salvador didn't help for Havelid's case. Havelid was a solid POS. He was flat out terrible and a bust. Sorry.

I do agree the play of White and Mottau was bad in the last two games of the series.

I never had a problem with him until that game tying goal. How you can allow a hash mark to hash mark pass is beyond me and really inexcusable. Those passes just don't get through in the NHL.

It wasn't a bad pickup regardless. Havelid was a fine defenseman in Atlanta. These things just haven't worked out for Lou lately.

:blink:

Don't count on it Manta. No way Lou resigns Havelid. there will be better dmen in FA. Greene playing with Havelid didn't help. Playing with Salvador didn't help for Havelid's case. Havelid was a solid POS. He was flat out terrible and a bust. Sorry.

I do agree the play of White and Mottau was bad in the last two games of the series.

+1

Even in the handful of season games Havelid played with New Jersey, he did some pretty stupid things. Don't get me wrong he has done some good things. But it seems like every time a bad goal goes in at the worst time possible, he is the one on the ice either out of position or not blocking shots. The tying goal in game 7 could of been avoided if it wasn't for him, and a sleeping defense.

This team needs a more solid defense. It seems before Havelid came in the D was working rather well. Havelid just threw off the balance and chemistry of the defensive lines.

Just my opinion

I dunno.... I think pretty much every D the Lou picks up at the deadline seems to be just as horrible.

We should make a list of terrible D-men picked up near the deadline that turned out to be wastes of oxygen.

Housley comes to mind.

Dave Ellett. He never gets talked about because he came in the Gilmour deal.

havelid is awful... i said this in another post...

"Hard on him or not... the devils were 7-7-1 with him during the regular season... sure thats .500 but without him the devils were 44-20-3.. which is a whole lot better than .500

chew on that..... "

He played maybe one good game for the devils this year....

also note that the devils had their 2 worst games of the season with havelid on the ice...

7-3 loss to NYI

6-1 loss to PIT

he is terrible. Worst pick up by lou i think in a long time.

You have not been reading my posts since the day Lou traded for this POS. I have noticed Havelid's play during the regular season and playoffs but no one really listened until seeing it for themselves. Havelid sucks and I hope we never see him again. He was way out of position on the game tying goal by Jokinen and he has been sh!t his whole time here. This Devils team and defense was doing fine without him and then he started to play and the Devils started to lose and play like sh!t with no chemistry among the dmen. Havelid even made salvador play like sh!t when they were paired up. Havelid is just awful period especially in that playoff series and say bye-bye to him for good.

Fully Agree.

There was little to no upside to Havelid - I found it extremely rare that I was happy with a play that he would make, and he spent the entire series getting beat by players who are faster than he is. I thought positionally he was usually decent, though the tying goal of course was awful on his part. Regardless, though, he just isn't what we need - our defense was fantastic at keeping Carolina to the outside all series by playing decent positionally. But nobody seems to be able to win a battle for a puck or move/think quickly enough to break up a pass in our own zone, and Havelid certainly showed that he can't do either of these things. Not to mention that he was poor to mediocre at best on the PP. There is no reason to bring Havelid back based on his play for us this season, and we need to let him walk so that we can start to turn our defense into a legitimate modern NHL defense, meaning that everyone can skate and pass with the rest of the league's forwards.

That is true. Since around the trade deadline Salvador went from a solid D-man to sub-par. Another toast to Havelid prehaps?

I just didnt feel Havelid was what we needed. If anything, we needed size and physicality on our blue line. We already had Greene, Martin, Oduya, even Mottau as D-men who can skate with the puck. Havelid was unneccesary and pricey in that we gave up young talent in Salmela. It just seemed everyone was too busy beating off to his +- in Atlanta to see this.

I thought Havelid, the majority of the time played well. You can blame the tieing goal on him, as much as you can blame it on Parise, Greene, or Langenbrunner who all failed on the play. You can blame that play on Sutter/MacLean for putting the pairings the way they were, and not dressing salvador who may have won a battle and cleared the zone...there's a lot of people to blame for that goal.

Havelid is better than Mottau and Greene. I'd be up for resigning him cheaply and putting him with White on the Third pairing. He'll adjust, you already started to see it.

I thought Havelid, the majority of the time played well. You can blame the tieing goal on him, as much as you can blame it on Parise, Greene, or Langenbrunner who all failed on the play. You can blame that play on Sutter/MacLean for putting the pairings the way they were, and not dressing salvador who may have won a battle and cleared the zone...there's a lot of people to blame for that goal.

Havelid is better than Mottau and Greene. I'd be up for resigning him cheaply and putting him with White on the Third pairing. He'll adjust, you already started to see it.

Sure, alot are to blame, but lets be real about who was the main culprit.

Sure, alot are to blame, but lets be real about who was the main culprit.

You want to play that game?

I blame Parise.

He turned into the boards and instead of giving it a whack or a flip (and he had a moment to do it) up the ice or off the glass. and he failed to clear it at least twice.

See how easy that was?

Every defender's been on the ice for a bad goal at the bad time at some point or another.

Edited by HellOnICE