Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

When I was signing on my profile icon was missing and I couldn't see profiles. It seems to work on my home computer though. Maybe it was just my really slow work computer. :noclue:

The board was on super-saver mode yesterday because of all the traffic following the Game 7 win. No profile pics, search, notifications of threads you've posted in, etc etc.

It's a tough one to review.

It is! I wanted to love it, and I DID enjoy it, but the ++++ sh!t was a bit over the top. I saw how some was needed for the congruence of the story, but the absolutely crossed the line. I did laugh a lot and had a few really good ones.

I thoroughly enjoyed the hockey part of it, and the small town intimacy worked. Could have been more T&A & partying, in my book, but the amount of drinkin and bar hoppin was realistic.

ALL the acting was top shelf.

I look forward to seeing it AGAIN to see if it passes THAT test. Like "For Love of the Game" and "Slapshot" do.

I am REALLY anxious for Hit Somebody movie now! I thought "wow, Goon really got the jump on Smith, but actually this film really made me want to see Kevins take, which I expect to be BETTER!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at this bar in the city and they have a $2 bourbon shot special after 10pm.. Mind you, it's a good BBQ place so I stuffed myself with food and I'm a big dude.. F'ing bartender cut me off after 5 shots (spread out over 30 minutes) and I'm still barely tipsy so it's not like I stumbled to the bar or slurred when I ordered.. Total BS

Thanks!

Popped the question Friday morning and then whisked my fiancee away to a small island on MD's Eastern Shore for the weekend. Of course, I was kicking myself a little for planning it the way I did because it ended up causing me to miss Game 6. But engagement is more important than the ECF, right?

Thanks!

Popped the question Friday morning and then whisked my fiancee away to a small island on MD's Eastern Shore for the weekend. Of course, I was kicking myself a little for planning it the way I did because it ended up causing me to miss Game 6. But engagement is more important than the ECF, right?

Congrats!

More important indeed! I missed Game 6 as well because I was celebrating my 2nd anniversary.

I agree with PK, those women have already trained you to ignore your favorite thing in the world for them.

I love the Devils, but my favorite thing in the world is more commonly found in the OTOH section of this board, not the Hell forum. :evil: