GDT: Eastern Conference Semis - Game 5 NJ @ PHI - 5/8/12

RunninWithTheDevil

This just about says it all.

4962221974fa9e8da38acb.gif

Scumbag Briere tries to spear Carter. Carter says "Fvck you! My spear now."

It symbolizes how the series went.. Flyers started out stronger and we cooly just took it away from them

This just about says it all.

4962221974fa9e8da38acb.gif

Scumbag Briere tries to spear Carter. Carter says "Fvck you! My spear now."

Briere figured since he wasnt using it for anything, he would give it to Carter.

What I loved about this series is how the Devils just ignored the Flyers provocations and not let themselves let lured into the goon game like the Pens did.

Wasn't Sal's goal just seconds after a "Marty" chant? Those are the best.

that was just hilarious. first they haven't realized by now that Marty tunes that crap out. It has never worked on him. Then we score and they're just stunned. priceless.

What I loved about this series is how the Devils just ignored the Flyers provocations and not let themselves let lured into the goon game like the Pens did.

you're exactly right, this is why I love this Devils team so much. They always stay composed and they're probably the most disciplined team in the league.

And the OT winner in Game 7 against the Panthers was during a Marty chant as well. Keep em up I say!

Not sure who this Custance fella is, but I managed to sneak a question through on his ESPN chat today as my alter-ego (Glorp from Finland):

Glorp (Finland)

Was key to devils win last night not retaliate against cheap shotting flyer players with thug tactic?

Craig Custance (2:04 PM)

Devils kept their composure much better than the Penguins did against Philly, that's for sure. Look at how the stars performed in this series. Ilya Kovalchuk is banged up, toughs it out and is fantastic. Much more productive than Giroux. Very happy for him. Marty Broudeur outplays Bryz. Give the Devils all the credit in the world for this run.

Man's giving the mad props, son!

(Custance Chat On ESPN's NHL Page)

Nothing beat going to my girlfriends house today who's family is all philly fans and me decked out in Devils apparel. Then the best part, setting all of the MacBook's homepages in an Apple Store in south jersey to www.newjerseydevils.com Then having the Mets sweep the phillies to top it all off

Nothing beat going to my girlfriends house today who's family is all philly fans and me decked out in Devils apparel. Then the best part, setting all of the MacBook's homepages in an Apple Store in south jersey to www.newjerseydevils.com Then having the Mets sweep the phillies to top it all off

Well done :cheers:

This has been the worst week I've experienced in a long time (non-hockey related).

I was actually drugged up (prescription meds) and on the verge of passing out to the point of i can't remember the day, but i still watched the Devils win game 5 and advance to the Conference finals.

Now that i've got a clearer head, and feeling a little better, reliving these moments just makes me so proud to support this team.

i had a good feeling this year, and i'm calling it now. we're going all the way. this is our year, this is our team.

fvck the rest, LETS GO DEVILS.