Trade Rumors and minor team trades.

SS-SS

both nash and howson have talked openly about how "they're getting closer" - its been wildly reported what teams are involved and what they're offering. i've never seen something so public IN season.

nash doesn't need to fetch a great return, he's on a horrible contract until the end of time. there's just not going to be that many teams who are going to go after him.

Erik Johnson is going to be a RFA. Since we are talking RFA defensemen (Mike Green) why not bring him into the picture? I doubt the Devils would ever sign him or pursue him but I doubt they would Green either. Lol.

What about Cory Sarich? He'll be a UFA next year and had a pretty good year last year - not a "premier" defenseman but I think he'd be a nice piece.

McKenzie said to keep an eye on the Devils. He mentioned Hemsky's name which I thought was odd, considering forward isn't an extreme need, although if Zajac is out and concern is there, adding a playmaker might make sense.

McKenzie mentioned that the feeling with the Devils is that the East is wide open this year as it's been in a few years and there's a mentality to go for it considering all the uncertainty with ownership, finances, Parise, Brodeur, etc.

nash doesn't need to fetch a great return, he's on a horrible contract until the end of time. there's just not going to be that many teams who are going to go after him.

too many fans in columbus do not think this way. he is the face of that franchise and his ultimate departure will really be a black mark on that team. at this point, i think they best they're going to get is Jack Johnson, a young forward like Loktionov and their #1 pick. not really a great haul at all.

too many fans in columbus do not think this way. he is the face of that franchise and his ultimate departure will really be a black mark on that team. at this point, i think they best they're going to get is Jack Johnson, a young forward like Loktionov and their #1 pick. not really a great haul at all.

Jack Johnson said we wouldn't go to cbj

Meh, they should be getting another face of the franchise in the draft. The Nash drumbeat is a media thing, IMO - Brooks made the best point of anyone, what GM would've signed Nash for a 7.8M cap hit? None of them. Lombardi nickel and dimed Kovalchuk (to the extent that it's possible to nickel and dime someone receiving an $80+ million contract), why would he sign Nash for a $2M more cap hit plus give up assets?

Meh, they should be getting another face of the franchise in the draft. The Nash drumbeat is a media thing, IMO - Brooks made the best point of anyone, what GM would've signed Nash for a 7.8M cap hit? None of them. Lombardi nickel and dimed Kovalchuk (to the extent that it's possible to nickel and dime someone receiving an $80+ million contract), why would he sign Nash for a $2M more cap hit plus give up assets?

I suspect that the Kings would be sending Jack Johnson the other way, which makes the dollar figures a little better for them.

Barring that though, it makes more sense for them to make a run at Parise, or perhaps take their chances that Nash can be a plan B if Columbus can't work out a deal before the deadline.

Nope Bmac says TBL flipped Quincey to DET for a 1st rd pick.

3 - Way - eh?

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

I am now hearing TB has traded Kyle Quincey to DET. Working on details but sounds like Quincey to DET for a first-round pick. Verifying.

Edited by DevilinLA

IMO they'd be much better off with a bunch or young key role players and an extra 1st round draft pick. It's how this team, if ever, will turn around.

Side note, my least favorite part of trading season every year is the incorrect use of the word "per". It means "according to" in the sense of "in accordance with". Ex.: Lou, I told the media "status quo" per your instructions. It does not mean "according to" a specific person/media outlet.

Now, if anyone needs me, I have to climb down from my soap box and spray it to remove the footprints, per the instructions on my Clorox disinfecting spray.

Side note, my least favorite part of trading season every year is the incorrect use of the word "per". It means "according to" in the sense of "in accordance with". Ex.: Lou, I told the media "status quo" per your instructions. It does not mean "according to" a specific person/media outlet.

Now, if anyone needs me, I have to climb down from my soap box and spray it to remove the footprints, per the instructions on my Clorox disinfecting spray.

I hate the use of per - although I didn't know that it was being used - and the use of 'as per' grates on my ears as both pretentious and wrong. But it's a Twitter world now, so simplifying anything like that is going to become more and more commonplace.

I hate the use of per - although I didn't know that it was being used - and the use of 'as per' grates on my ears as both pretentious and wrong. But it's a Twitter world now, so simplifying anything like that is going to become more and more commonplace.

You're right, Tri, that I wasn't reacting to it being used here excessively. It was used a lot on Twitter when the 3-way trade went down and then I saw in this thread title. I have the same reaction to it that you do. Unfortunately, resistance is futile.