Obscene fans at Rutgers draw a penalty flag

So shouting the F word..oh I'm sorry...Booing the other team, loud enough for their families to get up and leave because they were offended, is okay because I'ts always been done in the past?

Sorry, I did not mean that they were actually booing. I intended it to mean that whatever the fans said was not directed at the actual Navy, just the Navy Football team. I will try to be clearer next time.

That is true, they were just implying it toward the football team, and the fact that they were trying to beat our football team, but saying "fvck you, Navy" just does not sound like that and you sound like an ungrateful loser when you say it.

So shouting the F word..oh I'm sorry...Booing the other team, loud enough for their families to get up and leave because they were offended, is okay because I'ts always been done in the past?

Nobody is saying it was okay for them to be cursing off the navy. What are you trying to say?

no, it's just not any worse doing it against Navy than it is against any other team. I've already said countless times that I don't approve of cursing at sports events. Hell, I hate the 'Rangers Suck' chants.

However, if families leave because of booing..well then they don't belong at sporting events.

It sounds like we agree, that there is little room in sports for the kind of cursing (in unison by a large group of fans) that was reported at the RU game.Even tho I doubt that a family would get up and leave just because they heard "booing",there is a fine line (semantics?) between one person being offended and the next...i.e. your team sucks vs f your team.So I guess what I'm saying is since we have already beat this horse to death, I'll give the benefit of doubt and say RU fans are enthusiastic and didn't mean to hurt anyones feelings.

It sounds like we agree, that there is little room in sports for the kind of cursing (in unison by a large group of fans) that was reported at the RU game.Even tho I doubt that a family would get up and leave just because they heard "booing",there is a fine line (semantics?) between one person being offended and the next...i.e. your team sucks vs f your team.So I guess what I'm saying is since we have already beat this horse to death, I'll give the benefit of doubt and say RU fans are enthusiastic and didn't mean to hurt anyones feelings.

It wasn't really a large group of fans. It was only a few, but they were near the Navy band, cheerleaders, and fans.