GDT Devils vs. Rags

ZeroGravityFat

You don't have to check to score on nhl.com to know if Devils beats the Rangers...

You just have to come here and look at the number of page of this thread

10 or less : we won

between 10 and 15 : defeat

more than 15 : embarassing defeat

Works all the time ! ; )

Oh and... Bien joué nous !

• Like 2

Well, a lucky bounce that almost NEVER occurs helped us win this game.

Sadly, the Rags will most likely be a top team for years to come. They have a great coach, great goalie, great D (good PK), and a good enough offense to do well. Really the only area they truly are bad at is their powerplay.

Good thing we can be a top team as well with some proper moves. Marty played good enough this game but unfortunately his days of being a top tier goalie are over.

Never really regarded Torts as a great coach. @$$hole is more the word I'd go for with him. Even when he coached Tampa, he had this smug arrogant attitude about him, like he was some hockey master. It was great to beat his team last night.

more evidence in the +/- debate! put an asterisk next to A-trains plus minus stats (*PWF)

paired with foster!

larsson with a big game, and big minutes

greene looks good for sitting out that long, nice shot of quickness back there

hope sals OK lots of D-juggling

good to see zach and kovy scoring in big games

a bit sloppy and out of position but a strong effort

huge two points

Is it me or does Brodeur flop a lot more than he used to. On that 2nd Rags goal he just flopped for no reason. Any other goalie would have moved post to post.

Yeah it is slowly starting to turn from him doing that move on purpose to panic. I feel like he just flings his limbs around and hopes to god that the puck hits one of them. I was saying last night Marty must have been thinking; "Wheres the puck?! Uh...uh....IM FLAILING! IM FLAILING!"

Overall that was a damn good game last night. I was super proud to give sh!t to the Rangers fans there last night and have the team back up all my sh!t. I loved Kovy's reaction to his goal. That made me even more excited. Then the lucky bounce for Clarkson to tie it up under a min in. It was just a great game all around. Not to many fights, a few in 230 where a Devils fan in the first row was convinced someone dumped beer on him and I started yelling it was the 6 year old with the Rangers jersey and his dad and grandpa and how he was high fiving all his buddies afterwards. I dont think the Ushers found me too funny with that onebecause I think they were looking at me like I was the one that did it. Then behind us there was a hammers Rangers fan, shocker, that I think was told to leave after the second period because him and his friends didnt return after that. Quote of the night from a heavier guy next to me; "5 Beers, 6 shots of Jameson....fvck yeah bring on the cotton candy!"

Never really regarded Torts as a great coach. @$$hole is more the word I'd go for with him. Even when he coached Tampa, he had this smug arrogant attitude about him, like he was some hockey master. It was great to beat his team last night.

I do think he is a smug arrogant little prick too. His comments that are nhl.com are how they "Controlled the game" and that they lost because of this unlucky bounce. . . if anything, the Devils had a partial advantage in control but it was evenly played throughout. Just suck on the loss you little bitch Tort.

I do think he is a smug arrogant little prick too. His comments that are nhl.com are how they "Controlled the game" and that they lost because of this unlucky bounce. . . if anything, the Devils had a partial advantage in control but it was evenly played throughout. Just suck on the loss you little bitch Tort.

I hope Dolan called him last night and gave him SH!+ about starting Biron.

Great to get the 2 points. The bounce on Clarkson's goal was very fortunate, but it evened up for the bounce the Rags got on Boyle's goal to leave him alone with the puck out front of Marty.

Marty does flop a lot nowadays. Since he's not a butterfly goalie, and has clearly lost a step or 2, he is almost always put in the position to just throw his body down and hope the puck hits him when he gets caught out of position or the puck goals from post to post on him. I thought he played ok last night. The first goal was a little weak (he should have deflected it to the corner instead of kicking it out front), the second goal he really had no shot at stopping, and the third was a pretty good shot from a wide open player cruising alone into the high circle. He made some great saves, especially in that flury during the first period.

Yeah it is slowly starting to turn from him doing that move on purpose to panic. I feel like he just flings his limbs around and hopes to god that the puck hits one of them. I was saying last night Marty must have been thinking; "Wheres the puck?! Uh...uh....IM FLAILING! IM FLAILING!"

Overall that was a damn good game last night. I was super proud to give sh!t to the Rangers fans there last night and have the team back up all my sh!t. I loved Kovy's reaction to his goal. That made me even more excited. Then the lucky bounce for Clarkson to tie it up under a min in. It was just a great game all around. Not to many fights, a few in 230 where a Devils fan in the first row was convinced someone dumped beer on him and I started yelling it was the 6 year old with the Rangers jersey and his dad and grandpa and how he was high fiving all his buddies afterwards. I dont think the Ushers found me too funny with that onebecause I think they were looking at me like I was the one that did it. Then behind us there was a hammers Rangers fan, shocker, that I think was told to leave after the second period because him and his friends didnt return after that. Quote of the night from a heavier guy next to me; "5 Beers, 6 shots of Jameson....fvck yeah bring on the cotton candy!"

I was in 229 and I saw a bunch of guards come up to 230 at one point and wondered what was going on lol.

Can't wait to have a healthy team. I think it will boost the morale of the Devils. Safe to say, Zajac should not get more than 4th line duty this year owing to his injury so with a semi-full lineup, hopefully, in another week:

Parise-Henrique-Kovy

Sykora-Elias-Zubrus

Poni-Josefson-Bernier (this line is clicking, no need to tamper here)

(Couple of options)-Zajac-Clarkson

Extras: Carter, Boulton, Janssen

Greene-Larsson

Fayne-Taormina

Volchenkov-Salvador

Extras: ATM, None is better than Foster, still prefer Urbom here.

Injuries: Tallinder

Can't wait to have a healthy team. I think it will boost the morale of the Devils. Safe to say, Zajac should not get more than 4th line duty this year owing to his injury so with a semi-full lineup, hopefully, in another week:

Parise-Henrique-Kovy

Sykora-Elias-Zubrus

Poni-Josefson-Bernier (this line is clicking, no need to tamper here)

(Couple of options)-Zajac-Clarkson

Extras: Carter, Boulton, Janssen

Greene-Larsson

Fayne-Taormina

Volchenkov-Salvador

Extras: ATM, None is better than Foster, still prefer Urbom here.

Injuries: Tallinder

NY Post reported that Zajac is being shut down a further 2 weeks due to his injury. It is on the bottom of this link:

NY Post

I was in 229 and I saw a bunch of guards come up to 230 at one point and wondered what was going on lol.

Yeah that was the group of rag fans being a bunch of jagoffs. I dont know what they were doing but it clearly pissed the usher off and the two security guards.

I was at the game last night, and it was probably the best game of the season. Salvador and foster had terrible games but volchenkov and larsson played amazing games. It was really great to see, and kovy played a great game to. I didn't hear many rangers fans after brodeur stopped gaborik, seemed like they all ran out

Dude after watching the game last night I'm wondering why in the free world Lou signed Foster. Because he definitely doesn't have that shot that everyone was talking about. I seriously think that's exactly how I would look out on the ice if I were playing. Although I'm a little shorter.

Well, do you think that Pelley and Fraser were better? The 2 teams swapped their trash so I'd say it was a good experiment

Well, do you think that Pelley and Fraser were better? The 2 teams swapped their trash so I'd say it was a good experiment

I'm still of the firm belief that Pelley was a great 4th liner and I'm still bummed we traded him.

As far as I'm concerned the Pelly-Mair-Clarkson line was a big part of our mid-season turnaround last season.

It's funny, I don't get as jazzed up about the Rangers as I used to. Moreso than any season I can remember, I am really just focused on the Devils winning enough games to get into the playoffs, and finding myself almost indifferent as to who they're playing. Just feels like the Devils are in a different place right now. I can't point at the Rangers and yell "AHHHHH-HAAAAAAA!" after a game where the Devils probably would've lost had Lundqvist been in net. But it's a win, not like the Devils have any cushion to turn any down, so I'll happily take it.

I was hoping for a 3-2-1 homestand, as there was tough competiton, and they're one win short of that. Not really too much to complain about...the Devils are what they are, a lower-seed team battling for a playoff berth.