New Restaurant on Edison!

newarkdev01

So I was next to the arena yesterday and noticed they are working not the first building on Edison on the Mullberry st side. I asked around and it appears Ray Levy has started work to put a restaurant there on the 1rst and second floor (what was discribed as a burger/sports bar). The plan is to build an entrance on the former site of the parking garage that was to the right. My understanding is that this will serve as the entrance for both the 1rst and what was the 3rd building on Edison st which will all be interconnected.

So I was next to the arena yesterday and noticed they are working not the first building on Edison on the Mullberry st side. I asked around and it appears Ray Levy has started work to put a restaurant there on the 1rst and second floor (what was discribed as a burger/sports bar). The plan is to build an entrance on the former site of the parking garage that was to the right. My understanding is that this will serve as the entrance for both the 1rst and what was the 3rd building on Edison st which will all be interconnected.

mmmmmmmmmmm fffffooooooooodddddddd and bbbbbbeeeeeeeerrrrrr! I hope it is not as expensive as Brick City. The food at brick city is pretty good but I have to admit they are asking a lot just for a burger there.

I'm just happy that those buildings won't look like garbage now, it was sort of rediculous how they sat there rotting away for that long.

Thanks for the update! I have to drop someone off at EWR on Monday so I'll swing by there and check out the progress. (Maybe stop at Francesca's too! :whistling: )

From what I remember reading and/or seeing from the plans for that area, aren't they going to add a sports retail store there as well? Any info at all on that portion?

I'm not really sure I remeber the site plans that were floated about when they were trying to lease it but it seems a different approach is being taken now that Levy is taking control of the site rather than pawning it off. I know that the Devils had planned on planting their resturant on the other side on Lafayette but the saving grace is really the three hotel projects in the pipeline.

I'm not really sure I remeber the site plans that were floated about when they were trying to lease it but it seems a different approach is being taken now that Levy is taking control of the site rather than pawning it off. I know that the Devils had planned on planting their resturant on the other side on Lafayette but the saving grace is really the three hotel projects in the pipeline.

I would actually love a Devils restaurant next to the arena. The only thing that could ruin that is if they overprice things, which there is a possibility of them doing. They should wait to do that when we enter the arena later on :lol:

i think like all arenas anything within a block of the Rock is going to be overpriced and you have to get away from "touristland" to get a decent deal. My friends and I joke about the variance of prices at places like BCBG on off nights at the arena. The benifit here is that the rents are high as well as the prices right next door to the arena which should allow for more expensive denser development and help the #s work for the hotels. This in turn creates a trickle down outside of the one to two blocks from the arena which creates places like Port 44 and the Spot.

Was down there today, They are putting new/ rehabbed trim on the first Edison Place building towards Mulberry. Silver as of now- looks sharp but idk if they're gonna paint it black or not. Several guys working on the brick on the back of it and side. Irish pub going in there and wine bar/ bistro in the middle one.

Was down there today, They are putting new/ rehabbed trim on the first Edison Place building towards Mulberry. Silver as of now- looks sharp but idk if they're gonna paint it black or not. Several guys working on the brick on the back of it and side. Irish pub going in there and wine bar/ bistro in the middle one.

You mean in the former Caldabash building next to BCBG? Funny because I didn't notice the silver on the first one when I was down there yesterday afternoon. Guess I'll go down there again today.

You mean in the former Caldabash building next to BCBG? Funny because I didn't notice the silver on the first one when I was down there yesterday afternoon. Guess I'll go down there again today.

Yep that one. You do have to look at the first building for a little bit before you notice it. Look above the windows towards the top and left as well as the fascia on top. Also check out the alley between there and Cabalash as well as the one off of Championship Plaza on the back of the first building.

They really scaled down from their original flyers, I got the impression that the owner of the building, Levy was actually in charge of the retaurants as well.

http://www.loopnet.com/Attachments/7/F/6/7F65EC4B-C3AD-45C6-900D-14FDD783BE64.pdf

This is the building next to the devopment and I was trying to find the link to old designs but it looks like what originally was gong to be an plaza side entrance (which I thought looked really cool) will be a Edison street side entrance on top of what was the parking lot. Can anyone find the drawings or architecturals for this?

They really scaled down from their original flyers, I got the impression that the owner of the building, Levy was actually in charge of the retaurants as well.

http://www.loopnet.com/Attachments/7/F/6/7F65EC4B-C3AD-45C6-900D-14FDD783BE64.pdf

This is the building next to the devopment and I was trying to find the link to old designs but it looks like what originally was gong to be an plaza side entrance (which I thought looked really cool) will be a Edison street side entrance on top of what was the parking lot. Can anyone find the drawings or architecturals for this?

Blau&Berg Rock Plaza

See this design is pretty different from the one that seems to be being implimented. I was hoping that whatever architect was working on the project would have posted the new ones...oh well always nice to have new places coming in and expecially good of both spots are filled out.

What differences are you noticing?

What differences are you noticing?

Based on what I heard and the way construction is going it looks like the Plaza side entrance and windows were removed and instead everything will face Edison and the old garage complex. I was hoping to find updated plans, architectural renderings or something but no luck.

• 1 month later...

I actually was in Port 44 today and they are doing their grand opening on Wednesday and looking to have their brews available for friday. The brewmaster was pretty cool and will answer any questions you have. :cheers:

Oh neat. How was the menu?

• 1 month later...

Works moving along nicely on the first building. New windows, all clean and painted. The first floor is still boarded up and not finished yet but above looks done on the outside. They're adding on to it in the alley between there and the middle Edison building. So far the addition is all cinder block with a curved steel second floor overhang on the inside. It seems to me like the original plans are still in effect that eventually they'll work on the side facing Championship Plaza like in the renderings.

The part on the left matches the cinderblock part they're building now. This is the side facing the arena.

BlauBerg

Here's a before

img0912a.jpg

And here's a current from HF boards. I'll try to upload a picture of the addition at some point. You can see the cinder block going up between the two buildings. Then on the right you can see the fake brick that they'll hopefully remove and do what the rendering shows (below).

IMAG0024.jpg

new_45edison_02.jpg

any idea what is supposed to go in there? Bar, restaurant, or retail or unknown?

Last I heard, a wine bar and an Irish pub in the building next to it but that was a while ago. Newarkdevil1 has heard more than I have.