Rally to Restore Sanity

squishyx

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you must have been quite vocal from 2000 until 2008 with the unprecedented levels of personal attacks against GWB.

I thought they were mostly attacking him for starting 2 wars at once....Iraq under false pretenses. Didn't hear people attacking his personal life...

Edited by oofrostonoo

:rolleyes:

Walk in my shoes..........and you'd be running the other way.

Yes, towards a challenge instead of your "running away".

Although, I think you magic running slippers would be too small for me.

this is exactly why that rally is a waste of time ...

The rally is needed. The only thing that is a waste of time is me arguing with a parrot.

Bon jour!

Edited by MantaRay

you see.. you're proving my point ..

no amount of peace signs -pot smoking or singing kumbayah will change anything ever.

I must agree with this. If progressives (I'm assuming that they'll be the main attendees of this event since they generally like Stewart and Colbert more and especially because this rally is being billed as a counter to Beck's) come away from this feeling energized to spout attacks like Manta's on Jimmy, then the whole effort was futile. That is unless it really is just about comedy (I never really got a consensus on that). If we're going to reach a higher level of dialogue, where we can have meaningful discussions, then these distractions need to be (voluntarily) ended.

I must agree with this. If progressives (I'm assuming that they'll be the main attendees of this event since they generally like Stewart and Colbert more and especially because this rally is being billed as a counter to Beck's) come away from this feeling energized to spout attacks like Jimmy's on Manta, then the whole effort was futile. That is unless it really is just about comedy (I never really got a consensus on that). If we're going to reach a higher level of dialogue, where we can have meaningful discussions, then these distractions need to be (voluntarily) ended.

Corrected. like Jimmy's on Manta

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For those who attended. How was it? Was sanity restored to the country?

I went. I liked it, and it was a cool event. I mean the music and comedy was so-so, but Jon Stewart's speech at the end made it better. I really just loved being in the atmosphere...with 200,000 people who were pretty like-minded, and lots with internet background...it was just a fun event to meet people and have a great time. Fun day, and actually pretty simple all things considered.

Just a gratuitous slap:

Just a pointless video:

Most people have probably heard the term "Keynesian" at most once in their life in a basic economics course in high school X number of years ago. This is no different then when the Man Show convinced dozens of women to sign a petition to "end womens suffrage". It's funny but ultimately proves nothing other than you can trick people by being clever with words.

Just a pointless video:

Most people have probably heard the term "Keynesian" at most once in their life in a basic economics course in high school X number of years ago. This is no different then when the Man Show convinced dozens of women to sign a petition to "end womens suffrage". It's funny but ultimately proves nothing other than you can trick people by being clever with words.

As a current senior in high school, I can tell you that had I not become interested in politics as early as 8th grade, I would have less than a flying fvck's idea of what a Keynesian is.

Furthermore, I'd be willing to wager that I'm around one of at maximum eight in my class that might know what it is. This is out of a class of just about 600 students.

Just giving your claim a little perspective, although I might also be giving claim as to why the public school system sucks

I tuned into the rally online and was initially disappointed with 45 friggen initial minutes of music. I don't mind a song mixed in between the comedy skits but to start it with damn near an hour of music most of us couldn't care less about really ticked me off.

The rest of the rally was great though. Had me in stitches.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.