The Devils Should....... (fill in the blank)

TomsRiverDevil

Why do we need Vanek? The offense isnt the problem, its a slow and lackluster defense, Find a way to move Volcehnkov or Salvador out of the way to make room for either Gelinas or Merrill and put Fayne in over Harrold.

The offense will be a problem, this team lacks scoring finish, there will be plenty of games this year when we are pulling our hair out scoring 0-1 goals a game.

I do agree the defense is bad at times, Harrold is not the problem though. Salvador and Volch are, I mean watch them play if the puck is anywhere near the blue line in the offensive zone, they are already back by ours, because they lack speed, and it shows often. Larsson has also been very suspect.

Are there as many breakdowns with those guys? Probably not, but speed can help you recover from said breakdowns. I'd rather see fayne in for volch (Salvador riding the pine is probably not possible). And a lot of the goals we have been letting in are soft, marty made some sick saves when it counted as well but let in some things he shouldn't (pretty indicative of what we have seen in goal the last 2 years).

I would rather us have some goal scorers to add to our depth, we fight so hard for the goals we are getting, I don't know that we can keep it up for 80 more games. We are essentially rocking 2 2nd lines and 2 3/4th lines.

Edited by Sneax

When the right guys are playing, we have a top 10 defense in my opinion.  As far as offense, Zajac, Henrique and Elias are the most important players.  I'm expecting the typical 65-70 points from Elias.  It comes down to Zajac and Henrique.  If those guys perform, all of our forwards become better.  It's a hard read to know how good this team will be offensively.

When the right guys are playing, we have a top 10 defense in my opinion.  As far as offense, Zajac, Henrique and Elias are the most important players.  I'm expecting the typical 65-70 points from Elias.  It comes down to Zajac and Henrique.  If those guys perform, all of our forwards become better.  It's a hard read to know how good this team will be offensively.

Agree.   Zajac seems lost without Parise and Langenbrunner to complement him.    Henrique doesn't have the same dazzle as he first did.   Is Deboer's system stifling him?

Agree.   Zajac seems lost without Parise and Langenbrunner to complement him.    Henrique doesn't have the same dazzle as he first did.   Is Deboer's system stifling him?

I'm only looking for a combined 90-100 points from those two.  I think that'll be plenty.

Zajac I think is gnna be a bad re-sign, I think he was made a lot better by his surrounding cast. He's is at best a 2nd line player the way he looks.

Henrique has a lot to like, for some reason he is missing empty nets and just not finishing. I really liked his moves on the penalty shot, just needed to lift the puck but I think it got away from him. He has skill, grit, and defensive ability. I think he fits the system fine, he just needs to snap out of his funk.

Edited by Sneax

Zajac I think is gnna be a bad re-sign, I think he was made a lot better by his surrounding cast. He's is at best a 2nd line player the way he looks.

Henrique has a lot to like, for some reason he is missing empty nets and just not finishing. I really liked him moves on the penalty shot, just needed to life the puck but I think it got away from him. He has skill, grit, and defensive ability. I think he fits the system fine, he just needs to snap out of his funk.

We lose Zajac, we would be screwed.  He's still an elite defensive center.  And he's good enough offensively (assuming he can put up 50 points).  He still has his great shot and good passing ability.

I just don't understand what has happened to zajac.. The only explanation is he doesn't produce well when he isn't with players that can bring out his skill as said above parise and langs. .. Henrique i think something is just slightly missing as well one already said hes almost there just doesn't see to be able to finish.

Yeah, Zajac is really great defensively. I notice a lot of the defensemen on the team really trust him to cover for them when they make a risky offensive play. I still have faith that the offense will come.

He needs to shoot more.

I just don't understand what has happened to zajac.. The only explanation is he doesn't produce well when he isn't with players that can bring out his skill as said above parise and langs. .. Henrique i think something is just slightly missing as well one already said hes almost there just doesn't see to be able to finish.

For some reason, he's unable to hit open nets like someone else said.  Shots that Parise were guaranteed to make, he just can't.

He needs to shoot more.

For some reason, he's unable to hit open nets like someone else said.  Shots that Parise were guaranteed to make, he just can't.

I spoke to Zajac before the Cup run and he said Oates made him change his stick to improve winning face-offs. It was a drastic change from what he originally used and he said shooting was difficult with it. I have both sticks and I can see how it could be a rough go getting used to the new after years of using something else.