2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

thank fvcking god. was waiting for the inevitable divine intervention for the wings

overall a decent night aside for ref shenanigans in Washington.

Yeah, got some help tonight, a good night for us.  Not as good as it could've been due to the above, but.  I'll take it.

SO for Ottawa and Florida.

Edited by JSR

Man I kinda hate the Panthers since they seem to always be a thorn in the Devils side, but I do enjoy seeing them win.  Especially now with Luongo down there.

I have a soft spot for the Panthers because of their 96 Cup run.  Beezer is my 2nd favorite goalie of all time as well.  Luongo is definitely a favorite of mine too.  But most importantly, I've always loved their uniforms.

The fact that the cutoff point total didn't increase is a good thing.  80 points was the cutoff yesterday, and it'll still be the cutoff after tonight.

Good point...and it will be after tomorrow as well. Only game of any minor interest would be Rags/Flyers but both are way ahead of us.

If the Devils win on Thursday they are guaranteed to be at least 3 points behind one of the wild cards...maybe behind both of the wild cards of Detroit loses to Montreal

Man I kinda hate the Panthers since they seem to always be a thorn in the Devils side, but I do enjoy seeing them win.  Especially now with Luongo down there.

That's the one game the rest of the season where I REALLY want to see Marty play.  I'm tired of Cory-Luongo already and Luongo ***** slapping his younger buddy :P

Loktionov with 4 points in his last 4 games.

He's getting the opportunity to play on the top line with Staal and Tlusty as a center.  Eric Staal got moved to wing, and he's excelling.  Good for Lokti.  I've been saying for a while now if he gets a chance to play with skilled wingers as a first or second line center,he'll do well.  So far it's panning out for him.

There simply was no place for him on this team.  Besides, Ruutu has been pretty good for us so far.

Devils HAVE actually gotten a fair amount of help the past few weeks.  They just haven't done a damned thing with it...9-9-2 in their last 20 GP (since 1/24).  If anything, it's kind of amazing they're not completely out of it at this point.  But if they had gone something like 13-6-1 (hell, even 12-8-0), they'd be in pretty good shape.  They have no one to blame but themselves. 

Anyway, the Leaf slump that just about everyone thought would happen finally has, but they probably played over their heads just long enough to withstand it...I have a feeling they'll recover just enough to get in (though of course I hope they keep sinking). 

so just like that the leafs went from 9pts cushion to out of the playoff within 10 days

That's why I always felt it's better to simply try to get to a certain point total (93 ish) instead of focusing on how many points ahead or behind you are.  Let's say you only have 80 points, but are 10 points ahead of the team behind you.  As a team and a fanbase, you should know 80 won't be enough to get in, so you need to know not to let up.

I am not upset that we lost Loktionov...not too upset. However, I see no truth in this statement. 

He wasn't gonna displace Zajac or Elias.  And he's not a very good winger.  He's also not a very good 3rd line center.  He needs to be a 1st or 2nd line center with skilled wingers.  How was he gonna get that here?

Also, he wanted to be traded.  He was unhappy here.