Offer Sheet Scenario - Henrique

DJ Eco

"@DarrenDreger: @TSNBobMcKenzie. Already talk of offer sheets among teams with space. Pietrangelo, Bogosian, Little, Bailey, Henrique, Hamonic..."

Do you let Henrique go if someone hands him an offer sheet for long-term $4-5m? Is the return worth it? How about $3-4m? $2-3m? Are you convinced with Henrique? Discuss...

Edited by DJ Eco

I don't think he'd get that much. Lou claims he'd match any sheet. Lou is pretty well respected. I don't know if many GM's would try that on him.

Yeah but "business is business" this time of the year. Sure hope we don't get put in this position... Not sure we're at a point where we can be certain a bigger contract is warranted for Henrique just yet..

I don't think he'd get that much. Lou claims he'd match any sheet. Lou is pretty well respected. I don't know if many GM's would try that on him.

That's exactly what I thought when he said it... no literal content there -- it was all "I'll have your balls for breakfast if you pull any sh!t on me"

Not really familiar with the concept of an offer sheet..

If someone signs an offer sheet to Henrique, we get draft picks in return. Which draft picks and how many is related to how much they offer Henrique. brodeur14301991's link shows you exactly how the price brackets work and how much we'd get in return. After you pass $3m, which I'm not sure Henrique is worth at the moment, the return becomes pretty attractive, considering we don't have a 1st round pick next year... Really tempting.

would love to see the rangers get screwed with an 2 big offer sheets to McDonagh and Stephn. Ahh that would be awesome :)

Rangers and (especially) Flyers are two huge open targets... Although not sure Flyers have any big RFAs this year, might be next year..

would love to see the rangers get screwed with an 2 big offer sheets to McDonagh and Stephn. Ahh that would be awesome :)

Rangers and (especially) Flyers are two hugely open targets... Although not sure Flyers have any big RFAs this year, might be next year..

McDonough will be re-signed soon. All of Phily's RFAs are next year .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, I say take the picks because I want to see how few goals they will score this year.

Umm.... If someone signs him for a 3m offer sheet? Match that sh!t.  Easy.  If someone wants to blow 5 million or over on a guy who is what I'd call an promising, yet honestly unproven goal scorer.  Over 5 million, I'd still considering matching it, but yes, 3 picks is pretty entrancing.

Umm.... If someone signs him for a 3m offer sheet? Match that sh!t.  Easy.  If someone wants to blow 5 million or over on a guy who is what I'd call an promising, yet honestly unproven goal scorer.  Over 5 million, I'd still considering matching it, but yes, 3 picks is pretty entrancing.

After about $3.105M, we'd get a 1st and a 3rd as compensation, which isn't bad. Next level is at $4.658M, that gets us a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd. Both these aren't a bad trade for Henrique, depending on what team it comes from. We'd have to sign another FA player to fill the hole left by him though.

For what he would realistically get offered on the market, I think we'll keep em. 

A promising future, i see in him.  ack1q1K3.jpg

post-909-1189170183_thumb.gif

After about $3.105M, we'd get a 1st and a 3rd as compensation, which isn't bad. Next level is at $4.658M, that gets us a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd. Both these aren't a bad trade for Henrique, depending on what team it comes from. We'd have to sign another FA player to fill the hole left by him though.

To poison pill the contract at 1/2/3 comp, you'd have to go up over $6M a year.   That ain't happening.   Keep in mind the offer sheeting team is taking a risk in this.   The reason Lou can say he'll match any sheet is because if it happens, it's not going to be completely retarded.

To poison pill the contract at 1/2/3 comp, you'd have to go up over $6M a year.   That ain't happening.   Keep in mind the offer sheeting team is taking a risk in this.   The reason Lou can say he'll match any sheet is because if it happens, it's not going to be completely retarded.

We were both wrong it turns out, lol.

Straight from NHL.com on their FA tracker page:

OFFER                                          COMPENSATION

$1,110,249 or below                     None

Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194    3rd-round choice

Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391    2nd-round choice

Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585    1st-round and 3rd-round choice

Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781    1st-round, 2nd-round and 3rd-round choice

Over $6,728,781 to $8,410,976    Two 1st-round choices, one 2nd- and one 3rd-round choice

Over $8,410,976                            Four first-round choices

So if someone offer sheets Henrique for more than $3.364M, we'd get a 1st and 3rd, more than $5.046M and we'd get the 1st, 2nd and 3rd. They'd have to be offering at least $3.364M to even get the team thinking about not matching. A 2nd rd pick isn't enough for Adam. A 1st and 3rd, maybe. A 1st, 2nd and a 3rd and I'm thinking real hard about it.

Edited by ATLL765

We were both wrong it turns out, lol.

Straight from NHL.com on their FA tracker page:

OFFER                                          COMPENSATION

$1,110,249 or below                     None

Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194    3rd-round choice

Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391    2nd-round choice

Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585    1st-round and 3rd-round choice

Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781    1st-round, 2nd-round and 3rd-round choice

Over $6,728,781 to $8,410,976    Two 1st-round choices, one 2nd- and one 3rd-round choice

Over $8,410,976                            Four first-round choices

So if someone offer sheets Henrique for more than $3.364M, we'd get a 1st and 3rd, more than $5.046M and we'd get the 1st, 2nd and 3rd. They'd have to be offering at least $3.364M to even get the team thinking about not matching. A 2nd rd pick isn't enough for Adam. A 1st and 3rd, maybe. A 1st, 2nd and a 3rd and I'm thinking real hard about it.

By that scale, it ain't happening.      There's nothing they won't match and no one is going to go high enough at the 1/2/3 level to deter them.    Not sure they would even go to 1/2/3 level on someone like Henrique.