New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they say decision is made in 48 hours wonder if that means sunday we will know... or are these "business days" where we will find out tuesday?

hmm...

hope the arbitrator is not a closet blue skirt fan

they say decision is made in 48 hours wonder if that means sunday we will know... or are these "business days" where we will find out tuesday?

hmm...

hope the arbitrator is not a closet blue skirt fan

48 hours from the time the hearing ends. They are looking to hold the hearing on Monday / Tuesday, so expect a decision most likely by Thursday.

They're also pretty good at bowling. I saw a documentary once about this veteran bowler who took a gifted Amish bowler under his wing and the AMish guy almost won the National Championship but he hurt his hand so the veteran had to take his place and he almost won.

They're also pretty good at bowling. I saw a documentary once about this veteran bowler who took a gifted Amish bowler under his wing and the AMish guy almost won the National Championship but he hurt his hand so the veteran had to take his place and he almost won.

I saw that too. The Amish dude totally got Munsoned.

yeah I saw that too I thought it was really educational

48 hours from the time the hearing ends. They are looking to hold the hearing on Monday / Tuesday, so expect a decision most likely by Thursday.

cool...thanks amberite.

does anyone know what criteria it takes for someone to be an arbitrator for these type of things?

how do they know the person has no bias...what if he's some idiot with a sean avery fathead in his game room???

cool...thanks amberite.

does anyone know what criteria it takes for someone to be an arbitrator for these type of things?

how do they know the person has no bias...what if he's some idiot with a sean avery fathead in his game room???

Really anyone can be an arbitrator, but for something like this, I imagine it's a pretty well-seasoned labor attorney, who may or may not have a sports background.

While you never know for sure if the arbitrator is unbiased, both sides work together to find someone, which will tend to even things out. It might even be that the PA and the NHL went to the American Arbitration Association to find a candidate.

i'm hearing it's richard bloch, don't have a source for that. bloch was the primary NHL salary arbitrator and he also ruled on the terrell owens case

kypryos tweeted it so if someone wants a source, that's one.

http://www.nmb.gov/arbitrator-resumes/bloch-richard_res.pdf

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2234459

- 38 freaking pages on the t.o. upholding of philly suspension.

i'm hearing it's richard bloch, don't have a source for that. bloch was the primary NHL salary arbitrator and he also ruled on the terrell owens case

Richard Bloch it is. You may have read it here Tri.

TG reports.

Arbitrator hired, hearing scheduled for Kovalchuk grievance, ruling expected by end of next week

A hearing has been scheduled, but neither source would not reveal the identity of the arbitrator or the date, time and site of the hearing. Sportsnet in Canada has indentified the arbitrator as Richard Bloch, who has heard CBA-related grievances for the NHL and NHLPA before and is based in Washington.

Both sources said the matter will be settled by the end of next week—Friday or Saturday. It appears the hearing will begin on Wednesday. It is expected to take two days and a ruling would be due within 48 hours of its conclusion.

Those who possibly would attend the hearing—in addition to representatives from the NHL and the NHLPA and the system arbitrator - include Kovalchuk, his agent, Jay Grossman, Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello and, possibly, team owner Jeff Vanderbeek.

The player is not required to attend the hearing and Kovalchuk planned to return to Russia to begin working out with his trainer there to get ready for the season. so it’s possible he won’t be there.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/system_arbitrator_selected_hearing_scheduled_for_kovalchuk_grievance/

Edited by SatansDevils

TGfireandice: Source: a system arbitrator has been agreed upon and a day/site for the Kovalchuk arbitration has been set. Don't know either, yet.

Here we go.

Game on.

Good luck from the other side, guys.

I'll be watching intently.

:cheers:

Well if Kovalchuk is heading off to Russia next week I can only see it as good news. I'm not sure he'd be be doing that if there was a possibility he would have to negotiate a contract with another team should the arbitrator decide against them.

Of course, it also puts him much closer to the KHL should things go sour :whistling: