Boulton picked up by Isles

Marshall

I'm going to guess/hope Lou has learned a lesson on these multi-year deals with terrible hockey players. In the end, it was probably the Boulton hat trick that did Lou in.

I doubt it very much. I think there's a team loyalty thing going on with his strategy wrt goons. Remember, he signed Krys Oliwa to a multi-year deal pre-lockout, and since has signed Janssen, Leblond, Boulton, and Peters to multi-year deals. None of these players have finished out their contracts on the Devils.

Anyway, thought the first buyout window had passed, glad to see this is happening. Boulton was totally shot as a hockey player by the end of the year.

Edited by Triumph

Janssen is a terrific scraper, the only problem is that 9 out of 10 times he is fighting out of his weight-class.

Because he's batsh!t insane. And thats the reason I like him.

He can't skate or do anything with his stick except goonery, but he's a good sh!t-stirrer.

• Like 1

He can't skate or do anything with his stick except goonery, but he's a good sh!t-stirrer.

And we'll need him against the Atlantic teams who favor goonery over hockey

I think Lou's light finally went on: having a 4th line during the season like we did in the playoffs will win more hockey games than a line of brick-footed goons.

I'd prefer a rotation of 4th line players to keep them fresh. Also cut down on the double shifting in season

Yup, if we had his sh!t-stirring n the Finals, we definitely would have won in six.

I agree though, that you need at least one goon type to keep around. He's getting the minimum and a two-way deal. Whatver.