2013 Jets Thread

NJDevs4978

I agree Daniel.   Not sure why the focus was on D, since the Sanchez has NO SUPPORT at all.   So know you lose games 17-3, instead of 20-3 (provided the meet expectations).

because there's no 1st round top end offensive talent in this draft. The batch of wideouts are all interchangeable. There wasn't a single RB taken at all in round 1. The draft is deep not top heavy. The Jets can get a good wideout in 2 and a good tackle in 3 or 4. But nothing great available. 

There is no chance the Jets D finishes any lower than 16th in the league this year. They're always competitive under Rex.

Edited by '7'

because there's no 1st round top end offensive talent in this draft. The batch of wideouts are all interchangeable. There wasn't a single RB taken at all in round 1. The draft is deep not top heavy. The Jets can get a good wideout in 2 and a good tackle in 3 or 4. But nothing great available. 

There is no chance the Jets D finishes any lower than 16th in the league this year. They're always competitive under Rex.

I see your point, but if everyone is running for D, you could have had the top of the line Offensive help, instead of waiting for scraps later.

that's a fair point as well. The neglect of the O line is troubling. Warmack at 9 would've been solid. That said we still got the best CB in the draft.

But Tavon Austin types can be found. We got Kerley in round 5. We didn't miss out on Megatron here.

that's a fair point as well. The neglect of the O line is troubling. Warmack at 9 would've been solid. That said we still got the best CB in the draft.

But Tavon Austin types can be found. We got Kerley in round 5. We didn't miss out on Megatron here.

Yeah, but you might have missed out on the equivalent of Percy Harvin.

That would be horrible if they got Geno Smith. So I fully expect it to happen.

I wonder how much pull Bradway has now...remember he suggested Russell Wilson last season. Maybe he's high on Smith and they've decided to listen to him this time ?

I'm hoping it's just a smokescreen, but Schefter usually has things cold unfortunately.  Even if it is good value to get Geno in the second round I just don't like the player.  You can get good value getting a guy in the seventh round but if he ain't an NFL player it's still a wasted pick.  Not to mention you'd have to trade up to get Geno.  

Edited by NJDevs4978

lol Jet fans are an embarassment, everyone booed Sanchez nonstop for months, now they're booing this kid to the high heavens before he throws an NFL pass.  I'm not saying I like the kid either but at least they didn't have to trade up for him.

They really are going to have to do something now (i.e. get rid of someone) - Sanchez, Garrard, Geno, Tebow and McElroy at QB.

Sanchez is probably cut at this point, especially after they restructured D'Brick's contract.  I hope Garrard can stay upright, I don't really want Geno (or Sanchez for that matter) dealing with the Revis nonsense in Week 1, then the Pats on Thursday night Week 2.

Yea...good point with the D-Brick restructure (he's a great team guy)

This was just not the year to take a QB. That's next year. We could've had ourselves a nice OT or WR right here. A healthy Garrard is a competent starter. I would've been fine giving sanchez another shot, compete with Garrard...get him a receiver and tight end, and go from there. If he flames out this year then close the book on him.

This was just not the year to take a QB. That's next year. We could've had ourselves a nice OT or WR right here. A healthy Garrard is a competent starter. I would've been fine giving sanchez another shot, compete with Garrard...get him a receiver and tight end, and go from there. If he flames out this year then close the book on him.

You never know if A) they're going to be bad enough to pick a QB or B) they won't just get Clowney or one of the other big players then anyway.  There's not a real lot of skill position talent seemingly at this point anyway.

Hopefully he's not the next Pat White, but his numbers were pretty good and at least he started three years in college unlike Sanchez (who had just one year).

You never know if A) they're going to be bad enough to pick a QB or B) they won't just get Clowney or one of the other big players then anyway. There's not a real lot of skill position talent seemingly at this point anyway.Hopefully he's not the next Pat White, but his numbers were pretty good and at least he started three years in college unlike Sanchez (who had just one year).

You have to make a conscious effort to be as bad as Pat White.

No one saw Pat White as anything other than a wildcat complement. Even the people that liked him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No sooner than I praise the Jets for staying pat with their picks, they make me eat crow by wasting the 39th overall on attention grabbing headlines.

Give the Jets every opportunity to make fools of themselves.. THEY WILL NEVER LET YOU DOWN! Woody cannot help himself when it comes to acquiring a QB that can sell jerseys. The entire organization should seriously consider writing a novel on; How NOT to develop a franchise quarterback. They go from 2012, where the fans were chanting for TT after every incomplete pass.. to 2013, where the fans will be cheering for GS after every incomplete pass. --brilliant!!

..I am seriously, SERIOUSLY, beginning to believe that Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith, David Garrard, Tim Tebow, AND Greg McElroy will ALL be on the roster this coming season. Because it MAKES -- NO -- SENSE!!! THAT'S the reason why it will happen. The Sanchez\Tebow thing is yesterday's news. It no longer can get you ESPN coverage, as it's run it's course. But a storyline of 5 potential starters all on the same team?! Now THAT'S what'll sell newspapers.. and in the end, THAT'S ALL JOHNSON CARES ABOUT!!

disgusting