Obama Sacrifice

LOULAM1

Then...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7062401046.html

"While we're at it," he said, "we're going to close Guantanamo. And we're going to restore habeas corpus. ... We're going to lead by example _ by not just word but by deed. That's our vision for the future."

Now...

http://abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/Economy/com...&id=6619291

"President-elect Barack Obama said this weekend that he does not expect to close Guantanamo Bay in his first 100 days in office. "I think it's going to take some time and our legal teams are working in consultation with our national security apparatus as we speak to help design exactly what we need to do," Obama said in an exclusive "This Week" interview with George Stephanopoulos, his first since arriving in Washington. "It is more difficult than I think a lot of people realize,".

Really.

Now this..

http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2009/01/obama-calls-for.html

"And eventually sacrifice from everyone?" I asked.

"Everybody

did anyone bother to ask Obama if he was going to close gitmo in his first 100 days?

Otherwise, try as you might, there is no inconsistency, it's different statements. I don't believe he ever said he would close it in the first 100 days, feel free to correct the issue.

That does leave an open ended question of "well, when will he do it?" And I would say a good time line should be 6 months, it would coincide nicely with his promise to end the Iraq war. The man isn't even in office yet...

What happens if they get acquitted in criminal court? Released right into Main Street, USA?

Do you, as a law enforcement professional, believe that ALL people found "not guilty" should remain locked up indefinitely, or just the Muslim ones?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/obama_guantanamo

But the order, which one adviser said could be issued as early as Jan. 20, would start the process of deciding what to do with the estimated 250 al-Qaida and Taliban suspects and potential witnesses who are being held there. Most have not been charged with a crime.

Context, seems it is a high priority after all but he was leaving realistic "shut down" time for the complete closure of the facility.

lol what does this have to do with someone getting involved in a political thread?

It's a reference to having bratty know it all teenagers who live home with mommy and daddy that don't know sh!t about sh!t trying to hard to act older among adults about things they aren't old enough to understand....but think they do in their minds. Could be from listening to the B.S. liberal teachers they have or the schools telling them they are smarter then they are. Who knows. Or it could be just sh!t they hear from their liberal middle class parents they just parrot back.

I tell these kids when you live on your own and own a home or pay rent, pay taxes, hold a job other then part time, get married, have children, pay bills, worry about healthcare and retirement and have the adult responsibilities to something other then X-box or PS3 come and talk to me about politics, government and life. Until you have those things, you do not know sh!t from sh!t.

It's very easy to be 17 and 18 thinking you know it all under mommy and daddy's roof.

Edited by SJP20

It's a reference to having know it all 17/18/19 yr old teenagers who live home with mommy and daddy, play video games all night that don't know sh!t about sh!t trying to act older to have a conversation with adults about things they aren't old enough to understand....but think they do.

I tell these kids when you live on your own, own a home or pay rent, pay taxes, hold a job other then part time, get married, have children, pay bills, and have some adult responsibilities

Funny you should say that because my sister moved out at 18 and dealt with those things (except for having children/getting married) But my point is how do you know RWTD is living with his parents? There are 18/19 year old people who do live on their own, ya know.

Funny you should say that because my sister moved out at 18 and dealt with those things (except for having children/getting married) But my point is how do you know RWTD is living with his parents? There are 18/19 year old people who do live on their own, ya know.

In general.

I was a teenager many moons ago, (well the late 80's, early 90's) and i can tell you 18/19 year olds that live on their own are out working (sometimes two jobs) to keep a roof over their heads and to feed themselves. They are not playing X-box all night or playing on the internet over the course of the day. That's without adding college to the mix, if need be.

That is unless, mom and dad are paying for everything.

Edited by SJP20

In general.

I was a teenager many moons ago, (well the late 80's, early 90's) and i can tell you 18/19 year olds that live on their own are out working (sometimes two jobs) to keep a roof over their heads and to feed themselves. They are not playing X-box all night or playing on the internet over the course of the day. That's without adding college to the mix, if need be.

That is unless, mom and dad are paying for everything.

Soo your point is I act like i know everything? (which i don't).

And in response to your first post, pretty much everything you said was wrong.

So maybe you should stop acting like you know everything just because you're not a teenager.

Soo your point is I act like i know everything? (which i don't).

My point is you try to hard. Everything else is cause and effect.

And in response to your first post, pretty much everything you said was wrong.

In 10-15 years, you'll agree with everything.

So maybe you should stop acting like you know everything just because you're not an adult.

There you go.

Remiinds me of my college roommate. He's now a brother officer, but that's irrelevant.

He was a Quasi lib back in college who always would goof on me saying he'll forever "negate" my vote by voting Democrat.

At his wedding 3 or 4 years ago he announced to all our college buddies that "Jimmy was right all these years".

If you not a liberal at 20, you have no heart.

If you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.

Remiinds me of my college roommate. He's now a brother officer, but that's irrelevant.

He was a Quasi lib back in college who always would goof on me saying he'll forever "negate" my vote by voting Democrat.

At his wedding 3 or 4 years ago he announced to all our college buddies that "Jimmy was right all these years".

So you admit you were heartless at 20!!

that's one of my favorite Churchill quotes actually.

That quote is narrow minded.

How black and white. How ignorant.

So what if someone is both?

MINDF*CK.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Super 17

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.