Marty would consider a trade to a contender!!!

Chimaira_Devil_#9

TG calling out Chere: 'It’s 14 games into the season. It’s not even a possibility of Brodeur being traded right now.

Just trying to dredge up a story where there is none.

Not even worth your time—or mine—reading or talking about it.'

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/f...vely/#comments

Even though TG grew up a Rags fan, he does a real good professional job covering the Devs

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TG calling out Chere: 'It’s 14 games into the season. It’s not even a possibility of Brodeur being traded right now.

There's still so much time left.  The Caps in 07-08 started 6-14-1 and finished the season with 94 points.  I think with last year's 48 game schedule, where falling into a hole like we're currently in would have been death, is still fresh in our memories.  But this is an 82 game schedule this year.  In the remaining 68 games, we'll probably have to win at least 40 of them with some OTL's to get in the playoffs.  To get to 95 points, we'd have to go at worst 40-23-5.  Overall that would mean a record of 43-30-9.

Even though TG grew up a Rags fan, he does a real good professional job covering the Devs

Has this ever been confirmed?  But yea he does a great job.  I love his blog.

TG does a great job. Thoroughly enjoy his coverage.

He just has no personality whatsoever.  lol

Edited by Mike Brown

Has this ever been confirmed?  But yea he does a great job.  I love his blog.

I can only tell you this from reading the Bergen Record years ago when Gulitti was doing the Rangers coverage, then they switched him to the Devils, I did write to him on occasion and he gave me the old "the Devils werent even here when I started watching hockey" response.

But I have heard he is a rags fan, just like Steve "sharp angle" Cangiolosi

But still, Gulitti does a better job (even as a rag fan) than most 

I can only tell you this from reading the Bergen Record years ago when Gulitti was doing the Rangers coverage, then they switched him to the Devils, I did write to him on occasion and he gave me the old "the Devils werent even here when I started watching hockey" response.

It makes sense since the Rags were here before the Devils.  I can't hate all Rags fans.  Hell even Kate Upton is a Rags fan.   :icon23:  :icon23:  :icon23:  :icon23:

Go TG!

he's probably not a rangers fan anymore, most writers kinda lose their allegiances over time it seems like whether consciously or not

Gulitti is a pro. I thought Chere was above that tabloid paper stuff. Guess not. That is why I am shocked Brodeur took the bait and gave a very honest answer so early in the season. He must have some respect for Chere then.

There is absolutely no point in discussing this because Brodeur said he would only accept being traded if Lou came to him with a deal. And I think we all know Lou would never bring up the possibility of dealing Marty unless he asked to be traded.

Edited by devilsrule33

I’m not looking for that. I want to get back into the playoffs with this team and try to do something with this team. I would say 99 percent I’d say no right now

RELAX your self reading way to much into my man

I am not reading into anything, I am disappointed Marty actually entertained these stupid questions in the middle of a tough stretch when really he should have just brushed them off and not really answered them, as Jagr did.

I am sure there has been some colourful editing to what Marty said , but if he doesn’t answer the question there is no story. All it would have taken was " i am not entertaining any ideas like that now, i am 100% focused on the team and helping us back into the playoffs, there is a lot of the season to go" and Chere doesn’t have a story.

Its more a disapointemnt that he chose to engage with it rather than leaving it well alone.

Well this is a prime example of why we get so many status quo answers from Lou.  What a ridiculous question.  Endearing of Marty to listen and try to answer honestly.  I dont think most guys would.  Most woudl say "That's not really part of my thinking at this point.  I need to focus on this team and how to make my game better here. I'm not going to think about anything else right now."  durrr....:blahblah:  If not take Marty's road of honesty,  I'd really rather they do a Tortorella and say "Rich, fvck you"

Let's say that the team continues down it's current path, what would he fetch and by what possible teams?

I know most gravatate toward Montreal, but I see the Islanders as a fit for a conditional 2nd based on playoff appearances or wins, sliding to a 3rd if not met. Then he could just re-sign in the summer with NJ. Marty, I believe, plans on playing at least one more year in a reduced role, hell he might try 2 more depending on his health, especially if Schneids leaves (this is by no means support for such a decision)

Edited by hystyk28

Let's say that the team continues down it's current path, what would he fetch and by what possible teams?

I know most gravatate toward Montreal, but I see the Islanders as a fit for a conditional 2nd based on playoff appearances or wins, sliding to a 3rd if not met. Then he could just re-sign in the summer with NJ. Marty, I believe, plans on playing at least one more year in a reduced role, hell he might try 2 more depending on his health, especially if Schneids leaves (this is by no means support for such a decision)

I have no idea, really, but Jonathan Willis wrote:

Brodeur would more obviously be a rental, with an extension with his new team unlikely. However, his willingness to join a contender will up his value. NHL general managers have also shown repeatedly that they value Stanley Cup experience; it’s difficult to think there wouldn’t be one or two who would jump at the chance to add Brodeur and his three Stanley Cup rings to their roster.

In short: Not only can the Devils trade Martin Brodeur, they can probably get a respectable package—something in the range of a first-round pick or a prospect and a lower pick—in trade for him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1839238-could-the-new-jersey-devils-actually-trade-martin-brodeur

He's on crack.   I know weird things happen sometimes (Cam to STL, if you believe the rumors, a 2 was in play but the Devils took Sal, both were ridiculous overpayments for Cam).... but he's seriously on crack.

i dont think the return would be good enough to be worth seeing Marty with another jersey on after his whole career here. Brodeur has to retire as a Devils, without some kind of cheap Modano trick to sign one day for technicalities.

Well this would be giving up the "logical" way for "Sentimental" reasons. Not always the best thing to do

Edited by SterioDesign

i dont think the return would be good enough to be worth seeing Marty with another jersey on after his whole career here. Brodeur has to retire as a Devils, without some kind of cheap Modano trick to sign one day for technicalities.

Well this would be giving up the "logical" way for "Sentimental" reasons. Not always the best thing to do

agreed I honestly couldn't really see getting much for him at all.. hes not that great anymore and hes close to being done.

Don't underestimate what a team like Pittsburgh would give us if Fleury starts to slow down in February and/or Vokoun's still having injury issues.

exaclty.......imagine if the rags lose the queen over the winter, they are up the creek without a paddle (I know we dont trade with the rags) but some teams really rely on one netminder