DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION - August 16th - come name the section and p

Satans Hockey

The TG quote or something along those lines is money for a sign. Definitely think you guys need to bring it hard this game. Maybe some new chants could be worked in about the streak or the streak motto. Kovy certainly deserves some love for his second-half. I have heard the Ko-vy!! chant, but what about "Il-ya Koval-chuck" clap clap clap clap clap, just to differentiate it from the Marty chants. Speaking of which, Marty deserves the same love the fans of been giving the Moose in goal.

I'll be making a post about asking people for new chant ideas on the facebook, if anyone has them here post them as well. The kovy chant has been extremely popular lately at home games, I even heard it on tv at the Islanders game so I think it's one of those situations where if it ain't broke then don't fix it.

I always love doing the Marty chants so if Marty is in net he will be getting plenty of love from us.

Pretty simple, and probably not original, but every time Kovy scores at home, I've been yelling KOVAL-CHUK instead of you suck. Would be really nice if that caught on, or we did that for every player who scored as syllables permit. That goes for the entire arena. Not trying to turn this into a debate about the original chant, just offering an alternative.

It would be cool if everyone in the section had a small 11 x 17 sign that just said BELIEVE -- that would look awesome when they put them up ...

That would look awesome!

Also, I know some people who have been to games that you guys n gals have been Supportin' it up at, and they all came back saying "They have this one chant that sounds really cool, we just have no idea what it is." And it's always the "I Believe" chant they're talking about. Maybe signs that spell out the chant? Someone all the way to the left of the section holds up an "I" sign at the start. Then two signs, "I" and "BELIEVE". Then "I" "BELIEVE" "THAT" ... and you get the point. Then, when it gets to the "I believe that we will win!" part, the whole section holds up their "BELIEVE" signs while jumping and chanting like crazy.

It might be a little too much, but it sounds cool in my head at least. :lol:

That would look awesome!

Also, I know some people who have been to games that you guys n gals have been Supportin' it up at, and they all came back saying "They have this one chant that sounds really cool, we just have no idea what it is." And it's always the "I Believe" chant they're talking about. Maybe signs that spell out the chant? Someone all the way to the left of the section holds up an "I" sign at the start. Then two signs, "I" and "BELIEVE". Then "I" "BELIEVE" "THAT" ... and you get the point. Then, when it gets to the "I believe that we will win!" part, the whole section holds up their "BELIEVE" signs while jumping and chanting like crazy.

Winning.

That would look awesome!

Love this idea and think it's one of the best chants they do and it's extremely catchy.

IDEA. So there is this website where you can "Rasterbate" images. (http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/)

Basically you can take any image/graphic and make it print out over like a hundred sheets of paper. Up to 66 feet x 66 feet. This would be a cool thing to get the rest of the crowd in on chants, or just have an awesome sign that would be visible across the arena.

You would have to lay the sheets of paper out in a large space, then attach them to poster board or something so each person is then holding like 6 sheets of paper that will make up a larger image. From far away the images look pretty intricate so this would look awesome.

dsc00076863820go9.jpg

moonman.jpg

raster+7.jpg

Anyone have some ideas?

That would look awesome!

I like that idea as well, and I know we already have "BELIEVE" that are a decent size so all we would need is signs for "I" "THAT" "WE" "WILL" "WIN!" and we would be all set for that. These signs would need to be a decent size.

We would just have to give the signs to people based on where they are sitting cause we need to do it from the left to the right of the section as if you were looking at the section from downstairs.

If we can get a few people who are coming to Saturdays game to commit to making the rest of the words this is something that we can easily do. Any volunteers? If you volunteer please let me know what part of the sign you would be doing as I'm going to keep track so we don't have duplicate big signs for that one. If you volunteer please make sure you are definitely going to make the sign and Saturdays game as well.

Edited by Satans Hockey

the stanley cup banners?

Hey El D, I just posted your idea about the little Believe signs on the facebook, I told everyone if they like the idea to bring a sign.

I do like those large images, the only issue I see with them is that it would cost a lot of money in ink/paper for one person to do it.

I mean the real thing would just be hanging like 50 feet above; Like a giant meme or something would be funny...You can have an image with words over the top of it...

What about a giant printout of the Kovy "U Mad" picture? haha

Hey El D, I just posted your idea about the little Believe signs on the facebook, I told everyone if they like the idea to bring a sign.

I do like those large images, the only issue I see with them is that it would cost a lot of money in ink/paper for one person to do it.

Not when you have a laser printer at the office ;-)

I can't make any of the supporter games; otherwise I'd print a huge sign out.

IDEA. So there is this website where you can "Rasterbate" images. (http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/)

Basically you can take any image/graphic and make it print out over like a hundred sheets of paper. Up to 66 feet x 66 feet. This would be a cool thing to get the rest of the crowd in on chants, or just have an awesome sign that would be visible across the arena.

You would have to lay the sheets of paper out in a large space, then attach them to poster board or something so each person is then holding like 6 sheets of paper that will make up a larger image. From far away the images look pretty intricate so this would look awesome.

dsc00076863820go9.jpg

moonman.jpg

raster+7.jpg

Anyone have some ideas?

Mosaic are great, but they are complicated things to set up.

Still I got an idea for "simpler"mosaic:

What if we printout a very large New Jersey Devil's logo, and put somewhat on the center of the section. Then we print out a Large poster saying "I Believe" and put at the Bottom of the section. The remaining "Holes" of the mosaic could be filled with white paper boards, or white fabric.

The only complex thing about is figuring out the size of each board the people have hold to make the logo and the "I Believe" sign.

I was just gonna ask. I, and I swear this is true, don't have a printer at home. I don't have anywhere to get 11x17 or anything card stock for work, so I was hoping someone could bring some extra signs. I'd love to hold one up...just have no way to make one.

I was just gonna ask. I, and I swear this is true, don't have a printer at home. I don't have anywhere to get 11x17 or anything card stock for work, so I was hoping someone could bring some extra signs. I'd love to hold one up...just have no way to make one.

I'm going to the game on the 18th with my family, I'm using regular 17x11 paper but I am getting four separate signs printed probably about 3 or 4 times each so i'll have some to hand out then...