5/20 Line Changes

Triumph

Lines look like this now:

Parise-Zajac-Zubrus

Henrique-Elias-Kovalchuk

Ponikarovsky-Josefson-Clarkson

Carter-Gionta-Bernier

D are the same.

I like these changes a lot if they stick, Sykora has simply not been good along the boards, Josefson is a real smart player and belongs in the lineup if he can play.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lines look like this now:

Parise-Zajac-Zubrus

Henrique-Elias-Kovalchuk

Ponikarovsky-Josefson-Clarkson

Carter-Gionta-Bernier

D are the same.

I like these changes a lot if they stick, Sykora has simply not been good along the boards, Josefson is a real smart player and belongs in the lineup if he can play.

I was about to compliment you on your smart new line combos while questioning whether JJ is ready to go, and then I realized that this was a TG report.

Still, I like it. Sykora is just about spent and Henrique has been brutal at center in this series. I like him setting up Kovalchuk.

Think this should definitely help Elias. That 2nd line could be dangerous.

Almost dislike the exclusion of Sykora due to his shot and him being one of the few respectable things on the 2nd PP unit but Josefson will be an improvement 5 on 5. That line should be able to cycle and possess the puck with ease (as long as Clarkson isn't falling over).

I like how that turns up the speed around Elias and will take some heat off of him while checking the other team's scoring line. Obviously you want to leave the fourth line alone, so Josefson on the third line is the obvious choice - he fits more playing with skill players anyways. Sykora has been weak in areas but also smart in others as a veteran. He is simply the odd man out here and what has to be done, has to be done.

I don't see it as desperation. I see it as a way to try to manufacture puck luck. This is not going to be a series won by creative play. It's going to be won by gritty goals, as we've already seen. Deflections, rebounds, etc. Changing up lines is a good way to force players to go back to the basics.

I don't see it as desperation. I see it as a way to try to manufacture puck luck. This is not going to be a series won by creative play. It's going to be won by gritty goals, as we've already seen. Deflections, rebounds, etc. Changing up lines is a good way to force players to go back to the basics.

I'm not speaking to whatever position you've had on this issue (just because I'm not sure), but it's strange that for all the talk of us having dominated the play of the series thus far taking a favorable view of a relatively large shake-up of the lines.

I'm not speaking to whatever position you've had on this issue (just because I'm not sure), but it's strange that for all the talk of us having dominated the play of the series thus far taking a favorable view of a relatively large shake-up of the lines.

The Devils have dominated because of their forecheck and their one on one board play. I don't think it's because of 'chemistry' - these twelve forwards are going to crush what the Rangers are throwing out there, assuming they're put in any sort of coherent order.

Sykora has been the team's weakest forward, he's shot, if Josefson is anything like he was in the regular season, he will make the team even better.

Edited by Triumph